Author Topic: FusionFall Retro Weekly Updates - Shard Migration Discussion  (Read 2355 times)

roxes2015

• I have the freshest memes
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: FusionFall Retro Weekly Updates - Shard Migration Discussion
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2017, 09:39:47 PM »
Will there be a thing where you can choose a shard so if your playing with a friend you can find their shard?

SimK64

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 02:04:07 AM »
Shards, huh?

Is that another way of saying instances or multiple servers? Or is this some entirely different system?
It's basically multiple instances of the game world running on one server. The server will automatically create and close shards depending on the fullness of the existing shards.

So they're multiple available on-hand, not like the original servers?

Bouncer15111

• The resident Space Ghost expert of the forums.
    • View Profile
    • My (yet to be used) YouTube channel
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 04:31:17 AM »
Will there be a thing where you can choose a shard so if your playing with a friend you can find their shard?
I feel like this would be a good idea. If they could actually make it happen (I say "if", because I'm not sure just how much they can change with the client, etc...), it'd be a good addition. It'd really help not just with trying to meet a friend, but also with larger meetups.

Finn_Hornhoover

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 07:43:59 AM »
Shards, huh?

Is that another way of saying instances or multiple servers? Or is this some entirely different system?
It's basically multiple instances of the game world running on one server. The server will automatically create and close shards depending on the fullness of the existing shards.

So they're multiple available on-hand, not like the original servers?
Actually, much like the original game. FusionFall ran on one server pretty much the whole lifetime of the game (with the exception of the Asia server), and had multiple shards that the players would be directed to.

This is exactly what the Buddy Warp button did, it tried to put you inside the same shard as your friend as well as teleport you to where they are.

As for explicitly being able to choose the shard to land in, I don't think that can be done and I don't think it should be done, shards are pretty much a backend concept the end user is better off not knowing about.

ltbwolf

• waiting for true vrmmorpgs to come to reality 🕹
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 08:28:19 AM »
My fav crash is after you die instead of waiting to be resurrected you turn off the game (cause your mom is yelling at you to go outside and get some fresh air). When you go back to the game and start your character its still in resurrection count down but instead of finishing the count it just crash. You have no chose but to delete you first character you ever made for the game after just getting the Mandy nano.  :(

Zevenix

• Retro is out SOONô OPERATION: FFR Forum Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 09:26:35 AM »
My fav crash is after you die instead of waiting to be resurrected you turn off the game (cause your mom is yelling at you to go outside and get some fresh air). When you go back to the game and start your character its still in resurrection count down but instead of finishing the count it just crash. You have no chose but to delete you first character you ever made for the game after just getting the Mandy nano.  :(

;D ;D ;D thats so relatable😂

dragon_slayer

• I stole money from the bank yesterday
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 06:19:25 PM »
Weekly updates... so there will be updates coming every week? Oh no....

Sonic94

• leave me alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »
What do you mean oh no? The community isn't going to riot. Do you mean "oh no, they're getting our hopes up?" ?

dragon_slayer

• I stole money from the bank yesterday
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »
What do you mean oh no? The community isn't going to riot. Do you mean "oh no, they're getting our hopes up?" ?
what I mean is what if the Devs delay it which is not a bad thing, itís the community raging ďoh no whereís the updates? Itís past weeks lol. Itís more like a what if situation
Honestly, I wouldnít mind if itís a delay. Iím glad that we get to hear something from them
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:45:47 PM by dragon_slayer »

Kevman95

•  
    Game Master

• Rem or Chiaki? I can't pick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »
what I mean is what if the Devs delay it which is not a bad thing, itís the community raging ďoh no whereís the updates? Itís past weeks lol. Itís more like a what if situation
Honestly, I wouldnít mind if itís a delay. Iím glad that we get to hear something from them

There will be no delay in updates, they are already planned out.

TheQzertz

• merry christmas
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »
I got that glitch as well, except I found a way to fix it. What you had to do was sign into another character, then use the button under escape to switch into the glitched one.

Kazie

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2017, 06:43:47 PM »
Discuss Away!

I've been getting a black screen at the end of the tutorial. If anyone can help please reach out to me on twitter @xKaziie

Skyshock

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »
Discuss Away!

I've been getting a black screen at the end of the tutorial. If anyone can help please reach out to me on twitter @xKaziie
That's because the rest of the game isn't out yet.

Mowsie

• "Tell Ray Ray to shut up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2017, 03:39:54 PM »
Looking good!

Can't wait to see people start saying "it's not enough news!!!1!1"!

Well, they get something new every week till future comes out.

This is the least we can do for 3 months of just text posts on the forums.
I read this as "This is the least we can do for (the next) 3 months (,) just text posts on the forums. I was about to cry.

Dogealpha

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
If we don't get another devblog this week people are going to be so salty  ::)
I don't even care if they do post one this week or not. They can stop posting devblogs for a few months and I would not be mad  :P

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.