Author Topic: FusionFall Retro Weekly Updates - NPCs and Combat Discussion  (Read 580 times)

Finn_Hornhoover

• View Profile
Re: FusionFall Retro Weekly Updates - NPCs and Combat Discussion
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »
They will attack from ANY monster, not just boss monsters.

I am not sure, if that's how it was in the original it for sure will be looked at and accounted for.
Thank you for the answer.

Perhaps a good way of showing how monster groups worked in the original FF is drawing it (with ...MS Paint, don't judge). The illustrations are obviously not to scale.

There are two monster types in FF. The number of different monsters per area change between 2 and 4, but those monsters fall under one of these monster type categories:

"Group" monsters who hang around with 3 monsters of their kind. These groups (marked with green) will attack you together if you attack any member of the group, but there are cases where the group members have been placed so far away from eachother that they behave as seperate groups (marked with yellow). Still, you will get attacked by more monsters than you asked for. Use a Shattergun.

Also note that there are two boss monsters as well, and all monsters have a "single" and a "group" boss somewhere in the area (sometimes more than two, but usually two bosses). The single one isn't tied to any groups, so you will not aggro any other monster if you attack it (given that you're not in another monster's range). The group one has 4 minions around it though. Attacking the minions will aggro the boss, and attacking the boss will aggro the minions.

"Singular" monsters are... well... single. The only group in their area is the group of the "group" boss, which will only have 2 minions. But for good reason, one of these monsters will usually die slower and deal more damage than one "group" monster. Use a Pistol or a Rifle.

I hope this serves as a nice introduction to people who didn't know how the monster groups worked in the original game.

critical_unknown

• Never wanted to forget FF, I won't now
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
Its sounds pretty awesome, and it sounds like its gonna make a the game feel a bit more lively than it used to. Looking forward to next week's update

Haven_304

• oh hi there
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »
shout out to womayhem for being the best

Parallax

• Peep the new avatar ↑↑
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 10:21:27 PM »
There's no conceivable way I could take down a Boss group by myself.

shattergun!

LeBeau102

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 02:42:43 AM »
This is a great update to get! Keep em' coming! Looking forward to what you all have in store for us!

carsonpicak14

• fight for echo echo fight for echo echo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »
I wonder if certain npcs will bend in order to stay on the ground because their body are to large at the top or bottom of the hill.

Dominus_lincentia

• I wanna get out of my country.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 05:37:34 PM »
Nice progress and work guys, keep it up.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.