Author Topic: FFR out summer 2018  (Read 1575 times)

carsonpicak14

• fight for echo echo fight for echo echo
    • View Profile
Re: FFR out summer 2018
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 10:48:54 PM »
From what I'm thinking, maybe it'll take a few more months to fix the database problem. Then, a few more months to implement the Future and Past. I'm guessing Fall/Winter of 2018. It is possible that it can be released sooner if the devs make some breakthroughs.
they fixed the issue already
Paralax have you been on the forums at all, sorry but they say they want to make it release this year and the weekly updates will be up until the release, how many weekly updates do you thin they can make.

Bale

• Formerly known as iwuvBen10
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 07:09:37 AM »
I haven't been on the forums in a while, so I may be wrong, but they did promise that the Future would be playable by the end of this year. Just saying, if they don't release something by the end of this month, there is going to be an even bigger backlash than before on the forums. Although I wouldn't really mind, I mean I've waited long enough so I can wait some more, for the Devs own sake, they need to release something.

Sonic94

• leave me alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 09:12:38 AM »
Kinda wish they wouldn't pressure themselves to get it rushed out for the sake of appeasing the wrath of the community.

patoki0

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »
Didn't they mention, that they will release something out in late 2017 ?

TheQzertz

• merry christmas
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »
Yeah, I don't listen to guarantees anymore, I'll forever be a skeptic

Seijoh

• I don't like CTs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2017, 02:44:46 PM »
this.

Sonic94

• leave me alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »
Even when the game comes out?

Hakertm765

• Edd is the best nano!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »

Classic

linacanin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 01:29:56 PM »
The weekly updates proves that we are not getting anything soon, because if everything was ready they probably wouldn't try to compensate us with so thin updates.

Well, I just want to play, but if the devs give us more complete updates that would be more comforting for everyone, how hard it is to make something like this?

carsonpicak14

• fight for echo echo fight for echo echo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 02:01:29 PM »
sigh the weekly updates proves they are ready because Kevman said they were all pre-planned (i think) meaning that they had this down before they released the first update, also they never said they couldn't make the release happen in the time span they wanted to after the crash (before 2018) meaning that it will still happen.

AGTRigorMortis

• A nostalgia seeking gamer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »
i think it's incredibly unrealistic.

My guess is sometime winter this year. If not then, early-to-mid fall of next year. Summer just seems way too out there for me.

I disagree, it's still possible given the historical facts about the development. People thought the game was coming out in December 2016, and it didn't. The teaser trailer on the FusionFall Universe Youtube channel stated it was coming 8/1/2017 and it didn't come out then, we only got an early access which only has the tutorial mode.

After they release the future zone they've still got to get a working portion of the past zone game content.
and this will take some time, it is reasonable to expect delays or hiccups which will push the release date's further.

expect the unexpected is something I've learned from them.
Summer 2018 is the worst case scenario I can imagine about the games development in terms of delays.
You realize the future zone and past are already completed, they're just working on the database and small features and such.

They've still got to get a functioning database for them and that'll take some time.
It's the networking part of them and the game plus character saving, that's what I'm getting at.

pman808

• front-end web dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »
i gave up on listening to any predictions on this game.

I just hop on the forums once every few months and see if it's out yet.

LadecaSolas

• It's hero time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 08:16:03 PM »

My guess is sometime winter this year. If not then, early-to-mid fall of next year. Summer just seems way too out there for me.

I disagree, it's still possible given the historical facts about the development. People thought the game was coming out in December 2016, and it didn't. The teaser trailer on the FusionFall Universe Youtube channel stated it was coming 8/1/2017 and it didn't come out then, we only got an early access which only has the tutorial mode.

After they release the future zone they've still got to get a working portion of the past zone game content.
and this will take some time, it is reasonable to expect delays or hiccups which will push the release date's further.

Summer 2018 is the worst case scenario I can imagine about the games development in terms of delays.
You realize the future zone and past are already completed, they're just working on the database and small features and such.

They've still got to get a functioning database for them and that'll take some time.
It's the networking part of them and the game plus character saving, that's what I'm getting at.
the network problems have been fixed for awhile now its mostly implementing it now.

AGTRigorMortis

• A nostalgia seeking gamer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 11:45:12 AM »

the network problems have been fixed for awhile now its mostly implementing it now.

The way I see it, until they've got the system working online and with multiplayer, it isn't working.
The game is an MMO, not a private LAN game. Although we did at least get the tutorial, that's something. :)

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.