Author Topic: FusionFall Retro Weekly Updates - Instances Discussion  (Read 805 times)

Kyra_Xyrespace

•  
    Community Team

• Boomer is precious
    • View Profile
    • FFN Profile
Re: FusionFall Retro Weekly Updates - Instances Discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:54 PM »
"You can probably imagine that if monsters in Fusion Lairs were shared across all players, you’d never be able to kill the Fusion and collect your Nano because hundreds of other players would also be trying to do that!"

Be honest and raise your hand if you immediately thought of Sector Defense (the Academy's version of Nano Numbuh Two's mission).
How do you get his nano, I only got to play in academy but I never got his nano quest ever, I did once get his nano by climbing the tree-house but I never got it in any of my other accounts.

The first part of the mission was the hardest part. You had to destroy 4 Soulo Shells in 60 seconds, and the shells hardly if ever spawned within that time, making it an utter nightmare.

LadecaSolas

• It's hero time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 11:54:55 PM »
"You can probably imagine that if monsters in Fusion Lairs were shared across all players, you’d never be able to kill the Fusion and collect your Nano because hundreds of other players would also be trying to do that!"

Be honest and raise your hand if you immediately thought of Sector Defense (the Academy's version of Nano Numbuh Two's mission).
How do you get his nano, I only got to play in academy but I never got his nano quest ever, I did once get his nano by climbing the tree-house but I never got it in any of my other accounts.

The first part of the mission was the hardest part. You had to destroy 4 Soulo Shells in 60 seconds, and the shells hardly if ever spawned within that time, making it an utter nightmare.
that was a nightmare I only ever got it once post future.

BeauBauer

• A Leader of the Freedom Fighters Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 06:09:31 AM »
Great update this week Womayhem. I really enjoyed it. :)

Davski

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
Honestly, this is extremely cool. Always wondered how this worked, now I know.

GrimmFinn

• Give it all or get out
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »
Great work!! Awesome update and, Honestly, job well done! All of this hard work is about to pay off! You Devs are the bee's knees!

FatSammi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 05:20:52 PM »
Great topic! Thank you!

PocketMage

• Ranger PocketMage reporting for duty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »
Came in t(w)o late to be the first to mention the post Academy Numbuh 2 mission  :-\. Great update! I'm glad to see the devs are so good at recreating the game without the original.

AngelxSight

• " I never go back on my word! "
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 05:38:13 AM »

I can still feel the horror of what we had go through ;-;

MeatOfJustice

• Inhale the memes, exhale the memes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 06:45:29 AM »
How'd they recreate the instances exactly if they had to rebuild 'em from the ground up?

Videos helped I suppose.

Finn_Hornhoover

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 02:10:33 PM »
How'd they recreate the instances exactly if they had to rebuild 'em from the ground up?

Videos helped I suppose.
I imagine they had to do "how does the server interact and generate instances for each player" from ground up, the concept of instances working as they should, that is. All pyhsical elements of an instance should technically be there on the game map, objects in IZs aren't NPCs, neither are race nodes. I think they also had to add the monster/NPC placement mechanics in IZs and Lairs.

Dominus_lincentia

• I wanna get out of my country.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 12:51:34 PM »
Will we be able to get into groups to do a group run?

dragon_slayer

• Speedwagon is the best character
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »
THIs is a great update yay

AugustRexplasma

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »
About Sector Defense, I hated that mission, so I'm glad they finally did something about it!

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.