Author Topic: Over a year  (Read 1522 times)

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
Re: Over a year
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2018, 04:36:49 PM »
Wasn't the networking supposed to be in the late part of development? I thought you guys couldn't get much done.

Theoretically we could continue pouring art assets into the project, but it's become increasingly difficult without proper gameplay. In turn, proper gameplay can't efficiently be made without both the network and client programmers working alongside one another.

Fancystopperman

• I'm a contrarian that roots for the bad side
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »
Wasn't the networking supposed to be in the late part of development? I thought you guys couldn't get much done.

Theoretically we could continue pouring art assets into the project, but it's become increasingly difficult without proper gameplay. In turn, proper gameplay can't efficiently be made without both the network and client programmers working alongside one another.
Isn't there any other way to get more programmers?

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2018, 04:50:53 PM »

More programmers would be great.

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »

There's over 1000 users here. There has to be one person that knows their stuff or, at the very least, someone that knows another someone.

LeonSteamhawk

• I'm a Christian and Gamer and proud to be both!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »
Personally i'm kinda passive to this whole thing. Would I like to be playing the game already? Heck yeah! Does it interfere with my life that I'm not playing it? Nah. A year might have passed without an update, but that's a year I've still been alive. :)

Awesome466

• d r i p
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »
SORRY TO SAY YALL BUT THE GAMES NOT COMING OUT, AND IF IT IS SOME OF THE DEVS GO TO SCHOOL GIVE THEM A BREAK

Hakertm765

• Edd is the best Nano!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2018, 05:44:34 AM »
SORRY TO SAY YALL BUT THE GAMES NOT COMING OUT, AND IF IT IS SOME OF THE DEVS GO TO SCHOOL GIVE THEM A BREAK

Lol, classic response.

Coledeathblade

• Fallout NV is the best Fallout
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »

There's over 1000 users here. There has to be one person that knows their stuff or, at the very least, someone that knows another someone.
I'm assuming you have already read this but
They aren't saying they aren't open to help. The problem lies in the fact that the skills and mindset they need are very particular, and no one that has applied fills the needed "check marks" so to speak. Trust me, I can say this without hesitation, they would love to have someone that fills all those check marks, so if you truly think you might fill those check marks, go for it.

Dreynal

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 04:57:00 PM »

I'm assuming you have already read this but
They aren't saying they aren't open to help. The problem lies in the fact that the skills and mindset they need are very particular, and no one that has applied fills the needed "check marks" so to speak. Trust me, I can say this without hesitation, they would love to have someone that fills all those check marks, so if you truly think you might fill those check marks, go for it.
Then maybe they should put public as to what the exact requirements are needed tbh.
Would be alot easier to get the people needed.

Frizy

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel:
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2018, 09:08:31 AM »

So when the retro releases fully, will Legacy Development get on track?

BronyPonyDude

• FFL's #1 Uncle Grandpa fan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 12:21:42 AM »
I mean I honestly can't deny, we're in a sad state at the moment. I can't really offer anything at this time though. Legacy can't really move forward without networking being built, and our primary networking person is building Retro. I've personally been fairly uninvolved with Legacy as of late considering where I'm at in my life. Legacy doesn't pay bills I'm afraid.

The Legacy Demo thing is obviously easy to pick apart in hindsight. We were actually gearing up to release our demo, but it was pitiful, and without Retro showing up, I'm certain we would have closed our doors by this point. We had a decent grasp on a singleplayer version of Sector V....Compared to the vast resources the Retro guys were able to provide. Just as well, the Retro guys were certain Retro would take just a few months to get going, so it made sense. To be fair, they had already gotten us ingame and running around in a mock multiplayer environment. I guess the big huge message there is that you should never under-estimate what it might to take to finish something off. Core features have since taken over eight times as long as they had originally suspected as a result of various factors.

Finally I'd like to add the criticism is welcome, regardless of the fact that no one has put money into this. That said, constructive and reasonable criticism is going to have more impact than simple insults without solutions.

If you need people for networking and to help you guys make the game, why not just get more people. Hire more people, and this problem would be solved, you guys are always so scared that somebody will leak something, or do something to the game, learn to trust people guys please. For the sake of the game and community.

AgentEggplants

• Formerly Metashadow555
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:58 PM »
Contary to popular belief, it's not as easy as simply asking random people to work on the game. There's plenty of people here, but imagine there''s 10% who have any major experience in game development, and about 1% who would be able to handle the scope of an MMO, and about 0.001% who would be adaptable enough to simply jump onto the project mid-work. And if thoe 0.001% are out there, they certainly haven't made many major attempts to contact the developers, and it'd be hard to pick them out of a crowd.

We really need to drop the narrative that the developers are just too protective to get more people on team because that's simply not the case.

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2018, 08:16:33 PM »
Look we have two options. Either pay for programmers or wait for the one we have and since this is nonprofit we'll have to wait for the one we have.

Sonic94

• silencer of threads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:09 PM »
Look, Devan said that they've had stuff come up in their lives that they've been dealing with and that's not in anybody's control. I'm not sure why people are becoming impatient for Legacy, it feels like it's nowhere close to being completed.

AgentEggplants

• Formerly Metashadow555
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2018, 12:40:05 AM »
It's a lot like a kid who wants their mom to take them to the store...they don't know what they want, they just want SOMETHING

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.