Author Topic: concept - the fusion reflection  (Read 182 times)

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
concept - the fusion reflection
« on: January 10, 2017, 11:57:50 PM »
this is a rough idea i've been thinking about that i feel at this point would be best described briefly then added to by other creative members of the community. it's essentially a hypothesis on fusions' nature, and most specifically how it affects their appearance as well as behaviour. little bits are inspired by existing content including forum posts and official stuff from both OG FF and FFL.

in short, my idea is that a fusion takes on the characteristics the original counterpart dreads the most about themselves. this includes things they regret, things they are self-conscious about, and things they fear could happen.

i first started considering this when the devs confirmed that fusion Father would resemble Benedict Uno , his pre-villain self. i thought that was an interesting choice, because it gave the impression that the fusion took on that appearance almost to antagonise Father, reminding him of a time when he was cowardly and weak. taking this forward, i thought about how other fusions in lore exaggerated dreadful characteristics of the original - such as Bloo. while Bloo is quite greedy and is a bit of an egomaniac, i remember reading about how fusion Bloo was grotesquely massive in every way, with obnoxious features to go with its obnoxious personality. this stuck out to me as a way of fusions preying on a character's insecurities, and looking at other characters now i think it would be a really cool way of exploring the psychological aspect of how dangerous fusions are to their originals.

there's a couple of characters i've been thinking about that could really make this idea powerful, which i'll list as i think of them:

Fusion Mojo Jojo - Jojo the Chimpanzee

if there's one character that has the potential to bring a lot of depth to this, it's Mojo Jojo. considering his backstory, his fusion taking on the appearance of when he was first mutated would constantly remind him of the day everything went wrong for him. according to my research some of the IDW PowerPuff Girl comics develop his conflict about his origins quite a bit, and his wiki page quite accurately notes its influence by the rise of Caeser in the Planet of the Apes films.

other than Jojo, I've thought about Finn/Farmworld Finn, Kevin/Mutated Kevin, Grim/Grim in his prime. i think Grim/Grim in his prime could be a fun one as Grim in the show is quite mellow, showing in moments that he actually cares for Billy and Mandy somewhat. however, seeing fusion Grim's more aggressive appearance, maybe it could reflect a time when Grim was much younger and ruthless, full of anger. this version of Grim is something he may not be too fond of simply because he's matured with age.

but that's my kind of concept. i'm kinda just trying to jot everything down in order to make more sense of it after some conversation.

Keidrich

•  
    Community Team

• Boom Boom
    • View Profile
Re: concept - the fusion reflection
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 02:59:14 AM »
This is actually really cool and thought out.

I never noticed any of this.  Great job dude.

The_Nintendo_Switch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 03:02:26 AM »
Really cool idea!

The_42nd_Doctor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 05:47:05 AM »
Fusion Wilt resembling Lord Snotzax would make sense since it's one of the times his inability to say 'no' actually put people he cared about in harms way, something I would imagine Wilt would feel guilty about. I like this idea a lot.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:48:49 PM »
Fusion Wilt resembling Lord Snotzax would make sense since it's one of the times his inability to say 'no' actually put people he cared about in harms way, something I would imagine Wilt would feel guilty about. I like this idea a lot.

this is definitely along the lines of what i was thinking of. when fusion matter feeds off the object that is used to create each fusion, the most negative experiences are some of the strongest and thus the ones they thrive on the most. this could also explain how some fusions seem to express some good - the original counterpart expresses certain positive characteristics so strongly that they can't help but become part of the fusion as well.

L0rd

•  
    Community Team

• Radical Strike!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 09:32:27 PM »
Moving to Suggestions...

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:49 PM »
Moving to Suggestions...

i mean i did intend to eventually post a set of fusion appearance suggestions based on these ideas but this thread was more to discuss - though i guess everything here is valuable as a suggestion...

do what you will

dragon_slayer

• I ❤️ Bubbles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 10:32:36 PM »
Support +1

EntertaininglyBoring

• Formerly FusionGamer on ModNet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 11:17:09 PM »
This is a great idea. Support +1.

BenIceRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 03:00:43 AM »
Support +1 it's gonna take a lot of research and community support and binge watching old cartoons to figure out an appropriate fusion for some of the characters with not so obvious character flaws.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 07:13:51 PM »
Support +1 it's gonna take a lot of research and community support and binge watching old cartoons to figure out an appropriate fusion for some of the characters with not so obvious character flaws.

research is something our lore guys excel at. while i agree not every fusion would be as drastic, every character worthwhile has something. plus, it doesn't have to be expressed in appearance, it could be in behaviour.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.