Author Topic: PotD - 7/26/17 - Tech Square  (Read 3891 times)

dragon_slayer

• My luck gets worst everyday
    • View Profile
Re: PotD - 7/26/17 - Tech Square
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
The Flash went back in time again and caused season 3 to never happen

Dang it Barry!
nah it was all Allison's dream.

Sonic94

• leave me alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 05:48:56 PM »
I bet this sets the game back about a month or two because they have to take out the models.

EntertaininglyBoring

• Formerly FusionGamer on ModNet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »
I bet this sets the game back about a month or two because they have to take out the models.
Taking out the characters shouldn't take too long. It's the replacement of them that will, because now they have to come up with new storylines, mission ideas etc.

L0rd

•  
    Community Team

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2017, 09:39:18 PM »
That is definitely not the case. I believe Chris was the only Total Drama NPC who had been completed and Acorn Flats would probably end up being mostly the same, but with a few objects taken out now that Total Drama Invasion isn't a thing anymore.

Taking out the characters shouldn't take too long. It's the replacement of them that will, because now they have to come up with new storylines, mission ideas etc.
They don't necessarily have to replace the characters.

Poppleworks

• She's so heavy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2017, 12:30:05 AM »
That is definitely not the case. I believe Chris was the only Total Drama NPC who had been completed and Acorn Flats would probably end up being mostly the same, but with a few objects taken out now that Total Drama Invasion isn't a thing anymore.
To be fair though, from the looks of it the area will definitely be repurposed to remove all elements of TDI, which looks like it might take some time. Removal of radioactive waste in favor of Fusion Matter, reworking of the landscape to make it less reminiscent of Wawanakwa, etc. In addition, at least three characters from the franchise were going to make an appearance. No doubt in my mind that Chris and Chef were operating the game, and who knows exactly how many characters from other franchises were part of that? Certainly LSP will be reworked, at least a little bit. In addition, that third (fourth?) character probably connected something else together if they felt they were important enough. Best case scenario it was only a feral Ezekiel. Worst case, it was someone who tied an entire plotline together.

I'm sure they'll fix it in due time, but we can't ignore the possible gravity of this loss.

L0rd

•  
    Community Team

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2017, 01:05:15 AM »
To be fair though, from the looks of it the area will definitely be repurposed to remove all elements of TDI, which looks like it might take some time. Removal of radioactive waste in favor of Fusion Matter, reworking of the landscape to make it less reminiscent of Wawanakwa, etc. In addition, at least three characters from the franchise were going to make an appearance. No doubt in my mind that Chris and Chef were operating the game, and who knows exactly how many characters from other franchises were part of that? Certainly LSP will be reworked, at least a little bit. In addition, that third (fourth?) character probably connected something else together if they felt they were important enough. Best case scenario it was only a feral Ezekiel. Worst case, it was someone who tied an entire plotline together.

I'm sure they'll fix it in due time, but we can't ignore the possible gravity of this loss.
Like I said, they would probably only have to remove a few objects from Acorn Flats like the marshmellows and cameras. The area is still a campground. Chris may have been the only NPC completed so the show's removal is not a huge loss of development time, and it seemed like the Total Drama Invasion storyline was not important in the grand scheme of things.

We should wait and see if the developers ever reveal their original plans for the PotD and Total Drama, but I can guarantee that the game hasn't been set back a month or two.

TheRealMarcel

• Trick or treat, mate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2017, 10:15:06 AM »
Everyone, Season 3 of PotD is coming on Friday (or next week's Monday), I think.

dragon_slayer

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »
Everyone, Season 3 of PotD is coming on Friday (or next week's Monday), I think.
proof? I doubt it. Now they lost all their plans. There's no way they have a back up plan or something like that

Rioxnation

•  
    Community Team

• A E S T H E T I C
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2017, 03:10:52 AM »
The music to go with this is incredible, sure hope to hear its soundtrack in full some time!

Bouncer15111

• The resident Space Ghost expert of the forums.
    • View Profile
    • My (yet to be used) YouTube channel
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »
proof? I doubt it. Now they lost all their plans. There's no way they have a back up plan or something like that
Devan said on Discord that they did end up thinking of a new plan. Then again, Discord isn't a "trusted" source for info, so take that how you will.

dragon_slayer

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:13 PM »
Devan said on Discord that they did end up thinking of a new plan. Then again, Discord isn't a "trusted" source for info, so take that how you will.
well yeah, itís obvious that theyíll have to think of a new plan (like a reboot of S3 of course) He didnít mention which of the three days though.

Sonic94

• leave me alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2017, 08:13:56 PM »
I hope it's a well thought out plan that will adequately cover the hole in which the TD plot used to be.

Fancystopperman

• Why has destiny conspired against me so tragically
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2017, 08:01:50 PM »
TDI not being in this is able to set the POTD back by this much?

RandyBumNuggets

• SWIGGITY SWAG WHATS IN THE BAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2017, 10:37:52 PM »
well they had to come up with a new season 3 and start making pics for those

though if i had to guess, new S3 isnt too far away by now

Fancystopperman

• Why has destiny conspired against me so tragically
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2017, 12:12:26 AM »
well they had to come up with a new season 3 and start making pics for those

though if i had to guess, new S3 isnt too far away by now
Why did season 3 have to have some sort of plot anyways? The POTDs were suppose to be a comfy pic we'd receive 3 times a week.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.