Author Topic: May we have notifications for when your post is quoted?  (Read 899 times)

JayTheKid

• Life aint pic perfect use the negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • If you wanna add me on PSN
May we have notifications for when your post is quoted?
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:05:07 PM »
Too often do I forget to check back on a thread to see if anyone responded to what I've said and sometimes it's the other way around: you respond to someone but they end up never going back to the thread to see if they got an answer.

FazedWinter

• Current Exploit: Oathbringer
    • View Profile
    • Aqui's Trash Bin of Art/Photography (Inactive)
Re: May we have notifications for when your post is quoted?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 03:29:12 PM »
I would like this as well. Plus, it would be very useful for the technical threads where an immediate answer is a bit more important.

dragon_slayer

• I broke into the world largest toughest safe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
This is a great idea but when it comes to heavy server online (like what happened August 1) its hard to even get back on track

Deluxe

•  
    Community Team

• Boo.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 11:22:23 PM »
Also agree that this would be a nice feature. Just for convenience.

NormaJeane

• Niko, it's your cousin! Take me bowling!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 09:40:15 PM »
pretty good idea, i can see it coming in handy

L0rd

•  
    Community Team

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »
I would like to see some sort of notification system put in place.

Finn_Hornhoover

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:41 AM »
Better yet, a tagging system with notifications could be a better addition. For example:
Code: [Select]
@Finn_Hornhooveror
[tag user=Finn_Hornhoover /]or
[tag user=Finn_Hornhoover]<some text here>[/tag]whichever is more friendly towards Simple Machines.

This would also work with the quoting system as each quote contains information about its author, and the user can be notified in the same manner. Might be a litte extra, but can be useful for calling a user to a certain thread if you believe they might have relevant information to add to the thread.

I realize this can also be done through a relevant quote in another thread, or an empty quote, if there's no tagging system in place. But it doesn't make much sense to search for a relevant quote or put an empty quote in a thread just to call a user to that thread. And hey, they might save a few KBs of disk space as well, you never know :D

JayTheKid

• Life aint pic perfect use the negatives to develop
    • View Profile
    • If you wanna add me on PSN
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 08:48:50 PM »
Better yet, a tagging system with notifications could be a better addition. For example:
@Finn_Hornhooveror
[tag user=Finn_Hornhoover /]or
[tag user=Finn_Hornhoover]<some text here>[/tag]whichever is more friendly towards Simple Machines.

This would also work with the quoting system as each quote contains information about its author, and the user can be notified in the same manner. Might be a litte extra, but can be useful for calling a user to a certain thread if you believe they might have relevant information to add to the thread.

I realize this can also be done through a relevant quote in another thread, or an empty quote, if there's no tagging system in place. But it doesn't make much sense to search for a relevant quote or put an empty quote in a thread just to call a user to that thread. And hey, they might save a few KBs of disk space as well, you never know :D
My apologies for just now seeing this, been real inactive but I love this idea

carsonpicak14

• Gummi bears bouncing here and there and everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 11:50:03 AM »
Edit just reread the title
That seems like a good idea
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:52:47 AM by carsonpicak14 »

Rezilia

• There's no way to know our future foe scenarios
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 10:53:55 AM »

On that note, what about a default PM from "Admin" when an account is first created that gives the player some insight into how the forums function and their rules. You'd be surprised how many people don't know such things.

L0rd

•  
    Community Team

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »

On that note, what about a default PM from "Admin" when an account is first created that gives the player some insight into how the forums function and their rules. You'd be surprised how many people don't know such things.
That could potentially work and be useful. You should create another thread and expand upon this suggestion.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.