Author Topic: Tannís Q&A  (Read 8564 times)

Bouncer15111

• IGN: Proto Jones & Rex Marksley
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tannís Q&A
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2018, 07:21:13 PM »
What is hair?

ryguy4565

• Official Beta Tester for FusionFall
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2018, 08:22:00 PM »
How much for a punch and chisel set on amazon?

Tannhaeuser

• ďI donít want to lookóand yet I canít look away!Ē
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2018, 08:02:36 AM »
What is hair?

Hair, one of the defining characteristics of mammals, is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis.

How much for a punch and chisel set on Amazon?

Punch and chisel sets on Amazon currently range from $13.12 to $145.46.

Please do not spam this thread with irrelevant questions.  It only serves to keep threads with questions for far more interesting people on far more interesting topics from being easily visible to fans who are really interested in the opinions expressed on this forum.

CurreyChicken828

• Popeye's is better than KFC!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2018, 01:27:43 PM »
Least favorite episode of Foster's Home? (Besides Bendy)

Did you watch Crossover Nexus (OK K.O.)

Mr. Gar or Carol?

Saddest Courage episode?

Favorite 2018 movie so far?

Tannhaeuser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2018, 04:05:08 PM »
Least favorite episode of Fosterís Home (besides ďBendyĒ)?

Youíre right: ďEveryone Knows Itís BendyĒ is by far the worst episode of Fosterís Home For Imaginary Friends in my opinion. In default of that, I think Iíd say ďFosterís Goes to EuropeĒ was a bit irritating, because I find that episode rather mean-spirited, with Macís losing his chance to travel, Mme. Foster gleefully leaving everyone behind, and that one foreign Imaginary Friendís being rejected by her family once she gets home.

Did you watch ďCrossover NexusĒ (OK K.O.!)? Ö Mr. Gar or Carol?

Iím going to take these two questions together, in reverse order. I donít watch OK K.O.! Letís Be Heroes as a rule, because 1) the plot seemed horribly clichť merely from the commercial spots and 2) the visual style is hideous ó the drawing is clumsy and the coloring is garish. Even the voice acting, which is at a very high point in cartoons generally right now, seems surprisingly inept. Since I donít watch the show, Iím not acquainted with the characters, among whom, as I understand, Mr. Gar and Carol are to be reckoned.

That said, when I heard about the crossover episode on the FusionFall forums, I went out of my way to take a look at it.  Alas! it seems well-intentioned, but every bit as awkwardly executed as I imagined the show that spawned it to be.  The only thing about it I can praise unreservedly is the musical score, which offers a clever and coherent blend of motifs drawn from Cartoon Networkís shows and bumpers.

Saddest Courage episode?

ďRemembrance of Courage PastĒ is by far the saddest episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Favorite 2018 movie so far?

I suppose I have to call The Incredibles 2 my favorite of this year, even though I personally felt it fell off, rather, from the original film.  I might have enjoyed one or more of the superhero films more, if there hadnít been such a glut of them. I found that Chappaquiddick pulled too many punches; Christopher Robin was (as its obvious model, Saving Mr. Banks had been) horribly manipulative. To be candid, it has been a while since I felt inclined to go out to the movies; I just havenít enjoyed the sort of things Hollywood has been producing lately very much.

CurreyChicken828

• Popeye's is better than KFC!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2018, 06:35:06 PM »
Out of all the Newcomers shown in Smash Ultimate so far, which one are you going to main? (Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool and Isabelle)

What do you think of Into the Spider-Verse?

Ed-Boys or Ghostly Trio?

Which Pixar movie (Besides Up and Inside Out) made you cry the most?

Which popular Switch game despises you?

Who's scarier, Giygas or Omega Flowey?

Should Ed Edd n Eddy get a revival or reboot?

Tannhaeuser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2018, 05:02:36 AM »
Out of all the Newcomers shown in Smash Ultimate so far, which one are you going to main? (Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool, or Isabelle)

Which popular Switch game despises you?

Whoís scarier, Giygas or Omega Flowey?

Iím going to put all the gaming questions together and deal with them at once. Iím not a gamer; I donít keep up with them. The only games Iíve ever really gotten into, aside from ones based on cartoons, are the old Lucasfilms games from the Eighties like Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Grim Fandango, and The Secret of Monkey Island; Sid Meierís Pirates!; and the Age of Empires games. There are one or two games, such as Cuphead ďDonít Deal with the DevilĒ and Bendy and the Ink Machine that intrigue me, but that I havenít actually gotten around to trying yet, but, on the whole, I think Iíd better leave the gaming questions to the actual gamers.

What do you think of Into the Spider-Verse?

Iím so burnt out on superhero shows that I havenít been following any with any diligence.  All I will say is that, from what Iíve seen of them in passing, Iím shocked that Disney allows such shoddy animation on its networks, and that the quality has fallen off horribly since the days of The Spectacular Spiderman.

Ed-Boys or Ghostly Trio?

The Ed-Boys, by far.  The Ghostly Trio were a very one-note, monotonous group, useful only as antagonists to Casper, and saved from total non-entity only by contrast with his own utter blandness. The Ed-Boys (whose show I didnít use to watch, but which I looked into after meeting them in FusionFall are hugely amusing, precisely because of their contrasting personalities.

Which Pixar movie (besides Up and Inside Out) made you cry the most?

Oddly enough, both Up and Inside Out left me as stony-eyed as řǫkk ó oddly, because Iím usually an easy mark for cheap sentiment. Toy Story and Toy Story 3 had their moments, as did Monsters, Inc., but I think I have to give the prize to Finding Nemo, when poor Dory is trying to remember things, and canít.

Should Ed, Edd n Eddy get a revival or reboot?

Revivals and reboots are two different things.  I think a show that really worked on its own terms is generally the worse for a reboot, which is by design something substantially different. If a show has major flaws, or is hopelessly out of sync with the tastes of current audiences, but nevertheless has some genuine entertainment value, it may well work better in a reinterpreted form ó though it depends on the actual treatment, of course.

A revival is different, in that it should give the fan more or less exactly what he has fallen in love with in his favored show. That is only, in my view, feasible when the original crew that produced the show can still come together to do so. Does anyone seriously want a revival of Dexterís Laboratory without Christine Cavanaugh or of Darkwing Duck without Jim Cummings? (I find the new DuckTalesí handling of Darkwing painful enough.)

If all the old writers, directors, animators, and (especially) voice-actors are around and willing to do it, then Iíd say Ed, Edd n Eddy would technically be ripe for revival. However, there is one more consideration. The movie, Ed, Edd n Eddyís Big Picture Show, brought the series to such a satisfactory conclusion, that itís difficult to see what one could add to the boysí story without undermining what went before.  The boysí relationship with the other Cul-de-sac kids was fundamentally transformed by that film: what could they do afterward that wouldnít be an awful betrayal of the wonderful character development everyone in the film had undergone?

For that particular reason, Iíd say, no ó I donít think an Ed, Edd n Eddy revival or a reboot would be a good idea.  Why ruin what is perfect as it stands?

As a supererogatory gratuity, I will add a few shows that could use reboots, and some that could use revival.  Courage the Cowardly Dog never felt to me as if it had a satisfactory conclusion; it could stand a revival, one that could conceivably re-unite Courage with his parents (and perhaps even teach Eustace to appreciate Muriel and Courage a little bit). The Perils of Penelope Pitstop would be an excellent show to reboot, done with far better animation and a chance to have some fun with the conventions of the old ďmelodrammersĒ as well as Steampunk, especially as Wacky Races has already received a reboot (my one great reservation is that it would be practically impossible to replace the great Paul Lynde as ďThe Hooded ClawĒ). Codename Kids Next Door is practically shrieking for a revival, and I canít begin to understand why CN doesnít do it. Thundarr the Barbarian is exactly the kind of show that would be a perfect subject for a reboot: iconic in its own quirky way, but desperately in need of reinterpretation of its clunky Eighties visuals and story-telling ó and perfect for the half-tongue-in-cheek, half-serious treatment of the kind employed in Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated. And, finally, not to revive Sym-Bionic Titan, Generator Rex, and The Life and Times of Juniper Lee seems to me a failure emblatic of everything wrong with Cartoon Network these days.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:14:39 PM by Tannhaeuser »

No_Username_Found

• Thought I'd something more to say
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2018, 07:45:20 AM »
what is the key to a successful q&a

Tannhaeuser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2018, 06:40:27 PM »
What is the key to a successful Q&A?

A combination of honesty, knowledge, and enthusiasm.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.