Author Topic: Tannís Q&A  (Read 13720 times)

Tannhaeuser

• ďI donít want to lookóand yet I canít look away!Ē
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tannís Q&A
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2019, 11:35:47 PM »
No.

Superstarxalien

• Moxy Bubblehead is the best bubblehead, don't @ me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2019, 06:00:35 PM »
In the case that you have watched the pilot episode of Villainous, what are your thoughts on it?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 06:04:14 PM by Superstarxalien »

Tannhaeuser

• ďI donít want to lookóand yet I canít look away!Ē
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2019, 01:30:15 AM »
In the case that you have watched the pilot episode of Villainous, what are your thoughts on it?

My thoughts on Villainous (several episodes of which I had seen before) are a bit mixed.  It is certainly very stylish in appearance and a welcome relief from the almost ubiquitous Cal-Arts style that one sees everywhere, but particularly on Cartoon Network.  However, I must say the concept doesnít strike me as particularly original: it reminds me very much of an Anglo-Spanish production called IMP (English version here), having the same general set-up with slight variations in the characters (who, alas! seem more or less to consist of knock-offs from other series: Dr. Flug is reminiscent of the put-upon straight man (often an inventor) one can see in several series (Bob in IMP, Major Dr. Ghastly in Evil Con Carne, Dr. Nefario in Despicable Me, etc.); the girl who annoys the villain by her chipperness (Lumen in IMP, though Dementia is closer in character to Harley Quinn in Batman or Tsukiko in The Order of the Stick); the big brute who is actually rather cuddly (Philippe and Bertrand in IMP, Boskov in Evil Con Carne, The Monster In The Shadows in The Order of the Stick) ó the biggest difference seems to be that the main character is (unlike the IMP) at least somewhat threatening and competent in his task of spreading Evil. I must say, the show seems to me rather light on wit, and I donít care much for the voice acting, particularly that of Black Hat (whose character design, by the way, reminds me in an odd way of Hoodoo from Lidsville, though that may just be the result of both of them dwelling in gigantic top hats).

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.