Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Switch Discussion  (Read 1290 times)

Worriz129

• Rex and Pyra for Smash Switch
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Switch Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:02 PM »
First and foremost, the characters I most want to see in this installment are Rex and Pyra/Mythra from Xenoblade 2. I also think it is likely that we will see at least one Pokemon from Gen 7. Some third party characters that I hope we get are Sans(or another Undertale rep) and Crash Bandicoot. I also hope Fawful makes it in, but TBH he isnít very likely.

Edit:Also, Nintendo please:we donít need any more Fire Emblem characters in this one. Smash 4 had enough.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:21:25 PM by Worriz129 »

karimitic

• I hope you will succeed in reliving FusionFall! :D
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 06:30:09 PM »
if there is undertale in it, I legit want to see shrek in it or robbie rotten

RandyBumNuggets

• SWIGGITY SWAG WHATS IN THE BAG
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 07:21:11 PM »
if there is undertale in it, I legit want to see shrek in it or robbie rotten

undertale is actually likely though unlike the other 2

GrizzilyCowboy64

• I follow Atua. Side Note: Meat on the Bone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 08:51:49 PM »
they should add mario

Epicgamersdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 11:47:44 PM »
they should add mario
I don't know about that. Many people don't like to consider him a canon part of the Nintendo universe.

Zodiac

• Horoscopes are bogus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:26 AM »
BOTW Link is life. I wonder if they're going to make some moveset changes. Hopefully that Mario is his Odyssey version with Cappy, he's had fludd for long enough.

Also hope that Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are made into alts. They've shown that they could make separate character alts through Olimar, Villager, Bowser Jr, and even opposite genders.

Also, Nintendo please:we donít need any more Fire Emblem characters in this one. Smash 4 had enough.

I don't get this complaint. The 11 Mario characters and 6 Pokemon are fine, but 6 Fire Emblem characters is too much?

B_BallPasta

• really wacky text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
fire emblem isnt as popular or important of a franchise as mario or pokemon

RandyBumNuggets

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 11:58:25 AM »
I don't get this complaint. The 11 Mario characters and 6 Pokemon are fine, but 6 Fire Emblem characters is too much?

Mario and Pokemon are Nintendoís most successful franchises. Obviously, theyíre gonna get more characters.

Corrin especially was disappointing because nobody asked for another FE character, and time on him/her couldíve been given to another Smash Ballot winner that many people wanted.

Zodiac

• Horoscopes are bogus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 12:11:45 PM »
Neither is F-Zero or Pikmin, yet they stayed. Shulk got in without most people even knowing who the heck he is. Characters are not always added because of popularity, but it helps. Adding solely based on popularity and importance of a series would limit the games potential newcomers.

Also I recall Corrin never had anything to do with the ballot, they were only added as an advertisement for their game (same reason for why Roy was added). Sakurai thought they had cool moveset potential and likely planned ahead of time.

P3e5a3c5e

• Crossover freak XD
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 12:18:38 PM »
Captain Rainbow would be a delight to see.
Yes his game wasn't really popular but there were tries to get his game a world-wide translation.

DatOneMeme

• le funny maymay
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 12:42:08 PM »
I sure would like to see Dante from DmC. Not for memes or anything, I'd like to what his moveset would be.

LadecaSolas

• It's hero time!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
Id love to see sans he would fit right in.

RandyBumNuggets

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 04:11:19 PM »
Neither is F-Zero or Pikmin, yet they stayed. Shulk got in without most people even knowing who the heck he is. Characters are not always added because of popularity, but it helps. Adding solely based on popularity and importance of a series would limit the games potential newcomers.

Also I recall Corrin never had anything to do with the ballot, they were only added as an advertisement for their game (same reason for why Roy was added). Sakurai thought they had cool moveset potential and likely planned ahead of time.
Captain Falcon, Olimar, and Shulk were revealed when there was no ballot. Also many people asked for Shulk, Olimar just had a new game, and Falcon is one of the original 12.

Corrin couldve been a 2nd place ballot winner but instead they decided to add another FE character just to advertise a game

B_BallPasta

• really wacky text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
also pikmin and f-zero only have one character each while fe has 6 for some reason

Zodiac

• Horoscopes are bogus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 08:02:38 PM »
Corrin couldve been a 2nd place ballot winner but instead they decided to add another FE character just to advertise a game

At least Corrin has a unique moveset and wasn't dumped in as another clone. They actually put some effort into their character.

also pikmin and f-zero only have one character each while fe has 6 for some reason

In the end the number of characters in a series shouldn't matter though. It all depends on whether or not they can see the character as a fighter and stay true to their origins. You're kinda proving your own point here in that Fire Emblem being the more popular franchise has more characters compared to F-Zero and Pikmin.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.