Author Topic: Over a year  (Read 4277 times)

Fancystopperman

• The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Over a year
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »
Just a reminder this was in 2015

defend this

Okay. They said they didn't like how the demo had been going at that point and wanted to give more quality to it, then ditched the idea of the demo entirely. Remember, that was before FusionFall Retro was even a concept, as far as I remember.
More quality? It had like 4 levels. I can understand delaying it if it had unfixable glitches but the devs delayed it more than once to buff up the quality.

sans

•  
    Community Team

• Don't shoot the messenger
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »

defend this

Okay. They said they didn't like how the demo had been going at that point and wanted to give more quality to it, then ditched the idea of the demo entirely. Remember, that was before FusionFall Retro was even a concept, as far as I remember.
More quality? It had like 4 levels. I can understand delaying it if it had unfixable glitches but the devs delayed it more than once to buff up the quality.

They delayed it at that point for quality, then the demo was dropped because of Retro's development. So basically, as far as I'm aware from recall, they were going to wait until a more full release for Legacy.

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »

defend this

They delayed it at that point for quality, then the demo was dropped because of Retro's development. So basically, as far as I'm aware from recall, they were going to wait until a more full release for Legacy.
But that never happened. The biggest thing that happened to Legacy since the Demo was announced was the character pre-registration. Infact, until we see what the devs have been up to, one could even argue we've backtracked since the move to this site.

Edit: We did have those cinematic videos and that future showcase. I'll give them that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 03:45:07 PM by Fancystopperman »

AgentEggplants

• Formerly Metashadow555
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »

defend this
t-they don't have to do this you now. It's all for free! b-be grateful.
Why exactly is telling someone they're immature for whining about a free game not coming out a poor argument

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 04:07:36 PM »

defend this
Why exactly is telling someone they're immature for whining about a free game not coming out a poor argument
This being free isn't an argument. It also shouldn't be an excuse.

"Why is this game getting delayed again!? What happened"
"This is free you know, the devs don't have to do this".

AgentEggplants

• Formerly Metashadow555
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 08:35:55 PM »

defend this

How is it not in any way?

A paid video game being delayed is bad because you put your money into it.

Acting liking you're being wronged when it comes to something like this is bewilderingly childish because it doesn't affect your life in any way

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 09:47:02 PM »

defend this

Acting liking you're being wronged when it comes to something like this is bewilderingly childish because it doesn't affect your life in any way
So if No Man's Sky or any game ever made by EA or Nexon was free the outrage would be completely unacceptable? People here have almost no argument other than "This game is free. Stop complaining".

Why does this being free immediately wipe away any complaint and argument towards the development?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:50:23 PM by Fancystopperman »

AgentEggplants

• Formerly Metashadow555
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 09:55:29 PM »

defend this

So if No Man's Sky or any game ever made by EA or Nexon was free the outrage would have been completely unacceptable? People here have almost no argument other than "This game is free. Stop complaining".

Why does this being free immediately wipe away any complaint and argument towards the development?
The situations aren't really comparable. At all.

EA and Nexon game have issues solely because of greed, so 90% of the backlash towards them probably wouldn't exist otherwise.

No Man's Sky had many outright lies throughout it's development, was made by a professional team of developers, and expected you to pay 60$ for it, something you could've spent on food or somethign

The idea that a bunch of college kids working on a hobby for fun should be held up to a standard equivalent to professional game companies is nothing short of utter insanity.

You can criticize the developer's decisions absolutely, but their owed more slack because of the totally different situation. Delays and cancelled projects are an absolute inevitable of fan projects, especially of one this scale. We're almost lucky we got anything at all. If your criticism amounts to "BUT YOU SAID SO!!!!" that's not being a critic, that's being a baby.

It's foolish to call out the developers for being "lazy" and all that because...guess what? They have NO obligation to make this! They could just get up and leave and what could you do about it? Ask for a refund?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:06:21 PM by AgentEggplants »

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »
Quote from: AgentEggplants
The situations aren't really comparable. At all.
EA and Nexon game have issues solely because of greed, so 90% of the backlash towards them probably wouldn't exist otherwise.
They lack connection with the consumer and often drive their games into the dirt, but with this point of view, none of that matters since their games would be free. Infact....some are free! and the same goes for Trion, Kingsisle, and any other company that has games that allow you to complete the game without paying.

The idea that a bunch of college kids working on a hobby for fun should be held up to a standard equivalent to professional game companies is nothing short of utter insanity.
The point of that was showing you that people giving things they don't agree with a pass because they're free is crazy.

You can criticize the developer's decisions absolutely, but their owed more slack because of the totally different situation. Delays and cancelled projects are an absolute inevitable of fan projects, especially of one this scale.
They've been given slack. A lot actually. You can't even complain about them anymore without people rushing to their aid. Even though both FFL and FFR have handled quite a bit of their delays poorly the madness dies down within a week or two, even youtube and 4chan have given them a break.

We're almost lucky we got anything at all. If your criticism amounts to "BUT YOU SAID SO!!!!" that's not being a critic, that's being a baby.
That's not what I see. What I see is people wanting to know why the devs make the questionable to downright crazy choices they've made only to be replied with stuff like "How dare you question their greatness!? They do this for free! Who are you to criticize what they do!?"

It's foolish to call out the developers for being "lazy" and all that because...guess what? They have NO obligation to make this! They could just get up and leave and what could you do about it? Ask for a refund?
The people calling the devs lazy not only are out of the loop (which could be fixed with a quote and a report to moderator), but are also very scarce and you know that. The people insulting the devs are no different and no more of a rarity than the people insulting the more impatient side of the userbase.

This being Free doesn't mean they're automatically shielded from criticism and flaw pointing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:42:37 PM by Fancystopperman »

AgentEggplants

• Formerly Metashadow555
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 01:08:03 AM »
Okay but the people pointing out legitimate flaws are also very scarce.

I'm not going to see the developers are perfect angels because they aren't, but practically every argument that comes up giving an "honest critique" is full of misinformation and insults. I get very tired of hearing people ignorantly count all of the delays, give entirely baseless accusations of laziness, throw tantrums about harmless jokes, people who whine about radio silence but deride any provided update as "pointless" etc etc etc...this whole idea of people trying to honestly give constructive criticism but getting shot down just doesn't exist.

Heck, the very post you jumped in to defend was nothing more than complaining, and your reply was nothing more than insults-just like how you portray the white knights you're criticising?  If you want to portray the "impatient side" as mature honest folks who just want the team to do better you're not exactly setting the best example

You seem to simply want to fight for the losing side. It's not okay to insult and belittle people for attacking the developers, but it's totally okay to insult and belittle people who defend the developers?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:12:24 AM by AgentEggplants »

Ranger_Tom

•  
    Community Team

• I Believe In One Thing,The Power of The Human Will
    • View Profile
    • FusionFall Universe Terms of Service
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 02:18:34 AM »

defend this

I agree Sans,

I believe around early January 2016 the announcement about Fusionfall Retro was made, and that's when they decided to ditch the Fusionfall Legacy demo.
Due to like you said, they wanted to re-work the game, and give it more quality as well as improve the client.

Official statement about the Fusionfall Legacy Demo, quote from Dex7322 ( on: January 02, 2016, 01:22:16 PM )
  • This is really old information so forgive me Dex7322 for quoting you on this.
In light of FusionFall Retro, the FusionFall Legacy DEMO has been cancelled. As a result, we are closing character preregistration on the 4th of January at 10 AM Eastern.
(Note: There was additional information within this statement, but I only highlighted that piece of the PSA due to it being the most relevant.

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
I'm not going to see the developers are perfect angels because they aren't, but practically every argument that comes up giving an "honest critique" is full of misinformation and insults.
The same goes for the other side. We don't really get users that have the time to look through the what's been happening anymore.

I get very tired of hearing people ignorantly count all of the delays, give entirely baseless accusations of laziness, throw tantrums about harmless jokes, people who whine about radio silence but deride any provided update as "pointless" etc etc etc...this whole idea of people trying to honestly give constructive criticism but getting shot down just doesn't exist.
I'd understand if it was a user that just found out about the project but a user who's been around since day one has every right to be dishearten, the laziness is false I'll give you that, and the April Fools jokes are in poor taste the fans have every right to be upset. Clearly these people believe the updates they've viewed were next to nothing development wise. Anxious people want to skip to the point after a long hiatus.

Heck, the very post you jumped in to defend was nothing more than complaining, and your reply was nothing more than insults-just like how you portray the white knights you're criticising?  If you want to portray the "impatient side" as mature honest folks who just want the team to do better you're not exactly setting the best example
I don't know which one your talking about but the ones I jumped into weren't people complaining and I insulted no one. Unlike the people constantly whining about other users being childish or immature yet conveniently ignoring themselves lashing out for no good reason

You seem to simply want to fight for the losing side.
I don't see it like that. I see it as giving insight on a misunderstood side. I can and have defended the devs before when people lashed out at them.

It's not okay to insult and belittle people for attacking the developers, but it's totally okay to insult and belittle people who defend the developers?
I'm seeing a lot more of one side and a whole lot less of the other.

Zak

• i've been here too long for my own good
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 02:51:28 PM »
man, nothing changes does it

newsflash: just because you don't agree with a point someone is making doesn't make you justified in your reaction, no matter how "childish" or "blind" they may seem.

also, on the actual topic at hand, the game's gonna take a while. we all knew that. i wouldn't wait on your toes for anything significant in the very near future. if it comes, it comes

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2018, 04:19:31 PM »
I mean I honestly can't deny, we're in a sad state at the moment. I can't really offer anything at this time though. Legacy can't really move forward without networking being built, and our primary networking person is building Retro. I've personally been fairly uninvolved with Legacy as of late considering where I'm at in my life. Legacy doesn't pay bills I'm afraid.

The Legacy Demo thing is obviously easy to pick apart in hindsight. We were actually gearing up to release our demo, but it was pitiful, and without Retro showing up, I'm certain we would have closed our doors by this point. We had a decent grasp on a singleplayer version of Sector V....Compared to the vast resources the Retro guys were able to provide. Just as well, the Retro guys were certain Retro would take just a few months to get going, so it made sense. To be fair, they had already gotten us ingame and running around in a mock multiplayer environment. I guess the big huge message there is that you should never under-estimate what it might to take to finish something off. Core features have since taken over eight times as long as they had originally suspected as a result of various factors.

Finally I'd like to add the criticism is welcome, regardless of the fact that no one has put money into this. That said, constructive and reasonable criticism is going to have more impact than simple insults without solutions.

Fancystopperman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »
I mean I honestly can't deny, we're in a sad state at the moment. I can't really offer anything at this time though. Legacy can't really move forward without networking being built, and our primary networking person is building Retro. I've personally been fairly uninvolved with Legacy as of late considering where I'm at in my life. Legacy doesn't pay bills I'm afraid.
Wasn't the networking supposed to be in the late part of development? I thought you guys couldn't get much done.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.