Author Topic: Why does everyone Care So much?  (Read 779 times)

ShadesFTW

• View Profile
    • Email
Why does everyone Care So much?
« on: April 14, 2018, 04:41:17 PM »
Yes just like everyone else I am excited for the sneak peek and the full release, but lately everyone has been complaining about how they aren't updating us and are taking too long to release the game. Well in my opinion this game should be the center of your life, we all have other things going on, i check back every Saturday to see if there is any news if there isn't I shrug it off and go about my weekend and patiently wait another week. I wish people would just chill and relax the game will come out when its ready.

Parallax

• some of my posts have white text
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why does everyone Care So much?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »
I agree with you but I understand why some people would get angry about it.
Trust me, I'm perfectly fine with waiting and all but, it would be really nice to have an update on what's going on and things like that. Some people hate the fact that they aren't on the same page as the devs. The "around the corner" announcement about the sneak peek was misinterpreted by many people. The thing I don't know about is why people come here and say things that don't gain them anything. I mean recently today, there was a troll account clickbaiting people and spewing vulgar language.

Here's my advice to those who are angry with the devs/announcement of sneak peek:
  • Find something else to do while you wait
  • Don't check the forums constantly
  • Be productive
  • Try new safe things
  • Focus on things important in your life: family, friends, school, work, etc..
These are some of the things I do while I wait!

Hakertm765

• I have the power of Devs’ Magic Jazz Hands!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:19:34 PM »
I don't get why people get angry. It only takes 10 seconds to check for updates. So whenever someone complains I'm thinking "What exactly did they invest their time into to get angry?".

Austin7641

• Best boy band since One Direction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 02:19:28 AM »
I don't get why people get angry. It only takes 10 seconds to check for updates. So whenever someone complains I'm thinking "What exactly did they invest their time into to get angry?".

I mean can you blame them though, some of us have been waiting since they announced Retro like 3 or 2 years ago and after countless delays they keep saying stuff like oh its right around the corner, it's coming soon, they should say like oh it's coming soon but it's gonna take a little more time and with a comment like that it keeps the community expectations a little lower instead of people taking it literally and expecting it to literally come soon.

Just giving a little more context to their statements regarding release could really ease the stress of some because some people are really excited and we just can't judge them just because their more passionate than you.   

dragon_slayer

• I broke into the world largest toughest safe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 07:14:06 AM »
Eh I feel like lost interest in this game lol. Some people assume things differently

sans

•  
    Community Team

• Don't shoot the messenger
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 07:28:26 AM »
Honestly, on some levels I can't blame people for being upset. I can't fully blame them for feeling the need to complain either. But how you do it, and how often you do it, that's important. If someone makes a post on the appropriate board (very rarely does this actually happen), carries out their complaint in a professional manner, and actually offers genuine input on a solution, with others contributing to the thread in at least a semi-positive way, I can honestly say the response would probably more positive. However, usually certain rules (which I'll include down below) tend to be broken upon doing so. I'm going to go a bit more in depth with this.

1. Use appropriate language.
Inappropriate use of wording in any of the forums will result in that specific word being censored. Excessive use of inappropriate wording will result in a warning or ban.  If you try to bypass or succeed in bypassing the censors, you will be warned/banned depending on the severity of the matter. Using acronyms that contain censored language will be seen as if it was actually said in the post. Implying to use an inappropriate word without actually posting it will also be seen as if it was actually said.

I feel like this one is self explanatory, at least in most cases. Adding your own filter, or implying a swear also applies here.

2. Treat others with respect.
Having different opinions is okay, but if the argument goes too far, the thread will either be locked or removed. We urge all users to respect the opinions of their fellow FusionFall fans. There is a difference between respectfully disagreeing with an opinion using logic and reasoning, and purely insulting the user and/or their opinion.

Disrespect will not be tolerated. This includes mocking, antagonizing, harrassing, or otherwise targeting a user/group to provoke them. Although by definition these depend on a member's intentions, moderators will judge incidents based on the perceived effects on the target. Be careful to respect other members' dignity.
(Depending on how big the offense is, violation of this rule can also result in a ban.)

This one is violated often, though not always by the original poster. Generally, this is one of two golden rules that, if you want to be taken seriously, I recommend you follow when giving criticism on how things are done currently.

6. Do not spread false development information as fact.
If you're trying to prove a point, please link to the thread or related source material containing authentic information confirmed by a Developer. Please only cite official FusionFall Universe sources when doing this. Any posts that had been made by Developers on ModNet do not count, as most of the information there is outdated. By extension, anything said outside of official FusionFall Universe sources should not be taken as fact, unless stated otherwise.

We honestly should be striking for this one a lot more, but we don't because we understand that misconceptions happen. That said, when you're stating opinions like "the game won't come out until x" as fact, we've got a problem there, which often leads to us viewing the thread as a violation of Rule 10. We'll get to that one in a minute.

7. Do not act on the behalf of a staff member.
It's great that some people like to help enforce the rules. However, we have found that this can sometimes cause threads to deviate from the main discussion. Instead of replying to the specified post, please use the report button so that a member of the Community Team can handle the situation instead.

Realistically, I know a lot of you don't do this, but there are some people who have a tenancy to say "inb4 lock" and honestly, if you feel you have the need to say that, it's time to evaluate why you have the need to say that.

10. Don't act entitled.
If you want to complain, criticize the work that we do, or just badmouth the developers in general, you're allowed to. You have the right to do so. If you are well spoken and make valid points, we'll listen!

HOWEVER, if we find that a majority of posts that you wind up making here on the forums consist of constant complaining, attempting to slander the project, or encouraging people to leave the site we will take action.
We want our users to contribute to the discussion as a whole and interact with other members as politely and well spoken as possible. Harassing anyone in the community or on the FusionFall Universe team will NOT be tolerated, nor will the slander of the projects hosted here on FusionFall Universe.

Everyone on the FusionFall Universe team is here because it's our hobby. We're happy that so many other people care about FusionFall as much as we do!

This is the second golden rule, I can't stress it enough. Some people only read that first line and assume what being entitled is, without really looking at that definition. Please, I encourage you to!

tl;dr : Please read the rules, behave appropriately when giving criticism, and post in the appropriate board. You'll be amazed at how much more positive the results are.

CaptainRexCrash73

• I’m Judith and I like hugs.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 09:06:11 AM »
I agree that so many people recently have unfortunately been complaining or just outright harassing other community members. I can also completely understand the frustration with a somewhat lack of communication. I want to play the game as much as the next person, yeah, but I’m not going to sit on forums for hours harassing fellow FFU members. I don’t really understand why (it seems) people make their entire life revolve around the game (which, realistically, is probably unhealthy). Like the OP said, just chill out and wait; it’ll come when it’s ready.

I also agree with Sans. Genuine constructive criticism that doesn’t violate community guidelines seems to be nonexistent here. A lot of the time it either starts or ends up as a complete warzone between the “dev-loyalists” and “toxic haters” (apparently there’s classifications now).

I usually stay quiet about this stuff, as a majority of the boards I’ve visited recently have ended up as (usually locked) warzones, hence my low post count. This thread, though, seems pretty civilised as of late.

Cintronic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 03:33:18 PM »
Yes just like everyone else I am excited for the sneak peek and the full release, but lately everyone has been complaining about how they aren't updating us and are taking too long to release the game. Well in my opinion this game should be the center of your life, we all have other things going on, i check back every Saturday to see if there is any news if there isn't I shrug it off and go about my weekend and patiently wait another week. I wish people would just chill and relax the game will come out when its ready.

exactly  8) soo many good games out that are free

Radical heights for example  :P

LadecaSolas

• It's hero time!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 02:45:00 AM »
It's coming I'm excited yes but I got other things in life right now I work do college work and I usually keep myself busy with other games like burnout or ni no kuni 2.

jager

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 09:31:47 AM »
It's coming I'm excited yes but I got other things in life right now I work do college work and I usually keep myself busy with other games like burnout or ni no kuni 2.

Same, I'm in school rn and I will be doing research over the summer. I would think that most of us (fans) have grown up and are at least HS/College Age by now.

Lenalees

• Kamui Yato is the love of my life
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 10:43:08 AM »
I agree with this. I come and check the forums only once in a while because, like most of the grown up fans, I have other priorities and dreams to accomplish: I'm preparing for the Medicine University. It's actually simple to be patient, if you really want to.

LadecaSolas

• It's hero time!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »

Same, I'm in school rn and I will be doing research over the summer. I would think that most of us (fans) have grown up and are at least HS/College Age by now.
nice good luck :).

BeauBauer

• A Leader of the Freedom Fighters Guild
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »
I fully agree with you Shades. Whether if it takes another couple years or a couple months, I'm not going anywhere. It's more than a game for some of us old times players. It's recapturing very special memories we once shared together, and playing alongside our favorite characters once again. I personally say that if a person wants to leave then let them leave. I know I won't let them know when the game comes out unless they pay me some money for being a receptionist XD. On the bright side though we're all one day closer to playing the game we all love so much.

Hakertm765

• I have the power of Devs’ Magic Jazz Hands!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »
I fully agree with you Shades. Whether if it takes another couple years or a couple months, I'm not going anywhere. It's more than a game for some of us old times players. It's recapturing very special memories we once shared together, and playing alongside our favorite characters once again. I personally say that if a person wants to leave then let them leave. I know I won't let them know when the game comes out unless they pay me some money for being a receptionist XD. On the bright side though we're all one day closer to playing the game we all love so much.

^

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.