Author Topic: College/Universities?  (Read 769 times)

jager

• View Profile
    • Email
College/Universities?
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:42:57 AM »
How many of you guys are in college atm and what are you studying?

Edit: don't put what college you're at though
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:56:10 PM by jager »

sans

•  
    Community Team

• Don't shoot the messenger
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: College/Universities?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:32:34 PM »
Please do not give out the college you are actually in. That said, I am in college for Software Development.

Rioxnation

•  
    Community Team

• A E S T H E T I C
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:07:17 PM »
Not currently in one but I am working on getting into an art institute for a major in Animation.

Finn_Hornhoover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:45:35 PM »
Currently in university, my major is Computer Engineering. It’s getting pretty tough.

Bling

• Lightning bolt diamonds 'cause I want revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 05:36:12 PM »
I'm studying Computer Engineering, my school has a really good virtual reality lab so I have a focus in that and AI/Computer Vision. My major gets busy, probably the hardest major on campus, so I don't have as much time for other things but college itself is a fun time with roommates, parties and extracurriculars on campus.

Currently in university, my major is Computer Engineering. Itís getting pretty tough.
Just about to get out doing my time here. Can confirm, sucks when nothing goes your way; but rewarding for job pay and job prospect.

Ranger_Tom

• I Believe In One Thing,The Power Of The Human Will
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 12:55:07 PM »
I took a pass on college, it's far to expensive for my taste.

I'm currently working in a electronics company as a Quality Technician.

Update: I got a promotion, I'm now in Management, and Process Development.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:06:42 AM by Ranger_Tom »

Zak

• i've been here too long for my own good
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »
currently in my second year in college pursuing a Bachelor's of Music in Voice

pandainu3

• Call me Sapphire or Saph. My UN means nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »
I'm actually taking a bit of a break due to really bad schtuff, but I'm approaching my fifth year of college, majoring in forestry (trees, yo). I'm probably going to change to English/foreign language so I can teach English abroad.

EDIT: I'm transferring back to my original university and finishing out my forestry degree there since I only have like...three semesters left plus summer classes. It'd be too late to change my major now anyway. -_-

If I could give sage advice to any underclassmen/high schoolers, it's this:

*try not to change your major in late sophomore year, or at least change it to something similar to your original major. Luckily my core curriculum was basically the same for the major I originally was and to the one I ended up changing. Of course, if you find that you will be unsatisfied with where you'll end up, then change away. Just keep in mind that most universities do charge out-of-state tuition once you hit over a certain amount of hours, and financial aid will be less and less every year.
*do not transfer to an out-of-state school the semester before you officially become a senior and then wind up having all your credits dropped and start over basically as a sophomore (although really bad personal things happened at home that led to me moving in the first place, so yeah, it's really not my fault; I wouldn't have transferred away if that hadn't happened)
*honestly just try and stay in the school you went to on your first go because transferring is a waste of time, money, and mental health
*UGH! I'm still really salty about how my new school treated me. Sorry. Carry on.
*you WILL have existential crises (yes, more than one) in college. I promise. Hopefully you'll find amazing friends to help you get through them like I have. I'm so thankful to be moving back to that support system I have back home. They've quite literally saved my life countless times without realizing.
*Financial aid sucks, but it's better than nothing. Finding a job while staying in school is not as easy or feasible as most people will tell you, especially if you're going to a smaller school. Learn to budget.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 01:03:28 AM by pandainu3 »

Poppleworks

• She's so heavy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 07:15:36 AM »
Looking to pursue a musical theatre or directing degree, maybe a minor in film if I can.

Bale

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 08:42:09 PM »
Man, you guys all make me feel super young. I'm still a few years out from college, but I'm interested in some sort of physics or engineering. I have a weird obsession with space, so I'll probably end up with a profession in that field.

Cedar07

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 03:39:10 AM »
It's my 3rd year in college and I switched my major only 2 semesters ago so I feel like I've wasted a lot of time :/ After switching, I was just gonna work towards becoming a registered nurse but now I'm hoping to become an Anesthesioligist.
Praying I can make it since it'll take me a long time to get to my goal and I know the medical field is very challenging.

Parallax

• some of my posts have white text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 06:01:58 PM »
Haven't made it to college yet but, I do have some plans. I want to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist). I've always been fascinated by the medical field and this job has nice hours and pay :-)

The3edsinpeach

• I'm not dead. I'm a hawk. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 10:29:57 PM »
Currently in. Studying: not sure but maybe something with art.

rikanipah

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 12:41:31 AM »
I did attend college for computer networking, but kinda dropped it.

Hitoshura17

• Resolve!In this vast wasteland it clears our path!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 12:52:58 AM »
I go to a University for Journalism. I'm ready to pay loans for the rest of my life.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.