Author Topic: The Maelstricane - Hardcore Player Area  (Read 374 times)

Rezilia

• There's no way to know our future foe scenarios
    • View Profile
The Maelstricane - Hardcore Player Area
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:20:54 PM »
In another thread, I discussed the possibility of an achievement line for grinders based on fusion matter collected (more gained the more difficult the enemy is), and I was thinking, what if at a certain tier of that achievement, an optional area was unlocked for those hardcore grinders and farmers?

The Maelstricane (Maelstrom Hurricane) is more than just an invasion - it's described by NPCs as a full assault to wipe out the entire game map. Once a player has unlocked the right to get there, they'll go in an airship of some kind and find an amalgamation of ripped land parts and ships inside an actual storm of fusion matter. Players are supposed to find a way to end the storm before it reaches the rest of the game map (although it's not timed, so it never actually reaches the mainland).

The boss of the Maelstricane is a giant Megas fusion that acts as a kind of platforming boss since you need platforming to get around the area in order to attack its weakspots. Meanwhile, it unleashes tons of different fusions to get in your way. These fusions drop unique gear, and whenever Megas is defeated everyone in the area enters the roll for its even more special gear. The RNG for all of these is brutal - it requires tons of grinding, tons of farming to collect the sets. However, they are the some of the best equips in the game, and make battles on Planet Fusion so much easier.

Retron90

• "There's no mistakes, just Happy Accidents" Bob R.
    • View Profile
Re: The Maelstricane - Hardcore Player Area
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 02:06:25 PM »
In another thread, I discussed the possibility of an achievement line for grinders based on fusion matter collected (more gained the more difficult the enemy is), and I was thinking, what if at a certain tier of that achievement, an optional area was unlocked for those hardcore grinders and farmers?

The Maelstricane (Maelstrom Hurricane) is more than just an invasion - it's described by NPCs as a full assault to wipe out the entire game map. Once a player has unlocked the right to get there, they'll go in an airship of some kind and find an amalgamation of ripped land parts and ships inside an actual storm of fusion matter. Players are supposed to find a way to end the storm before it reaches the rest of the game map (although it's not timed, so it never actually reaches the mainland).

The boss of the Maelstricane is a giant Megas fusion that acts as a kind of platforming boss since you need platforming to get around the area in order to attack its weakspots. Meanwhile, it unleashes tons of different fusions to get in your way. These fusions drop unique gear, and whenever Megas is defeated everyone in the area enters the roll for its even more special gear. The RNG for all of these is brutal - it requires tons of grinding, tons of farming to collect the sets. However, they are the some of the best equips in the game, and make battles on Planet Fusion so much easier.

I notice one specific part... "and make battles on Planet Fusion so much easier." Don't you mean the CN Universes earth? Anyways, I think this could be fun. Do you have anymore ideas concerning your suggestion such as examples of the rewards you could collect? I would love to see this suggestion expanded on as this is really cool idea and, again, sounds really fun to do.

Support!

Rezilia

• There's no way to know our future foe scenarios
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 11:29:08 PM »
Oh, yeah, I thought Fuse's Lair was on Planet Fusion. I was referring to endgame areas. Although if we could eventually go to Planet Fusion, that would certainly be cool.

inventora

• Leaving cause alt accounts are blank. k bye!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 05:39:33 PM »
If only I could post that gif of an smirking Asian man appearing from a doorway, putting a thumbs up in approval while chewing something to illustrate my agreement.  >:(

ltbwolf

• waiting for true vrmmorpgs to come to reality 🕹
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 03:25:07 PM »
If only I could post that gif of an smirking Asian man appearing from a doorway, putting a thumbs up in approval while chewing something to illustrate my agreement.  >:(

you mean like this?

also i like the idea
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:28:39 PM by ltbwolf »

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.