Author Topic: cancelled shows  (Read 1308 times)

SORTI

• View Profile
    • Email
cancelled shows
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »
I know you won't be adding in shows that aren't canceled, or at least in the original game, but what of shows canceled after the game releases, or are basically dead, like the teen titans (correct me if I'm wrong, I never got all that far into the game, I was 5-11 when the game was out if I recall.) do they get updates to include them, or what?

AgentEggplants

• Formerly Metashadow555
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: cancelled shows
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »
They are putting shows that aren't cancelled into the game. You did see gumball on the homepage, right?

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 03:53:17 AM »
Teen Titans wonít be added since itís definitely not CN at all. Itís not owned by them and fitting the entire DC Universe in would take away from the main theme.

As for non-cancelled shows, if they were in the original game they will appear. If not, we have to wait.

Stellarspace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 11:41:43 PM »
As long as Cartoon Network owns the property, the character will most likely appear.

Rezilia

• There's no way to know our future foe scenarios
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »
Teen Titans wonít be added since itís definitely not CN at all. Itís not owned by them and fitting the entire DC Universe in would take away from the main theme.

While you're technically correct, there seems to be some confusion. DC Comics is owned by Warner Bros, which is owned by WarnerMedia. WarnerMedia also owns Cartoon Network. WarnerMedia used to be called Time Warner, but got a name change when it was just recently acquired by AT&T.

So while CN doesn't own Teen Titans, the people who own CN own Teen Titans.

Also, CN's Teen Titans show is a completely separate lore and timeline from other DC works with TTG being a parody of it. Young Justice, the new Teen Titans movies, and Justice League are completely separate. This means that putting in the Teen Titans "anime" would not require or even suggest putting in the rest of the DC universe.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »

While you're technically correct, there seems to be some confusion. DC Comics is owned by Warner Bros, which is owned by WarnerMedia. WarnerMedia also owns Cartoon Network. WarnerMedia used to be called Time Warner, but got a name change when it was just recently acquired by AT&T.

So while CN doesn't own Teen Titans, the people who own CN own Teen Titans.

Also, CN's Teen Titans show is a completely separate lore and timeline from other DC works with TTG being a parody of it. Young Justice, the new Teen Titans movies, and Justice League are completely separate. This means that putting in the Teen Titans "anime" would not require or even suggest putting in the rest of the DC universe.
Yeah, but every DC show has its lore. Even if they never referenced the greater universe in the OG cartoon, Go! has more than enough content involving Batman, the Justice League, etc.

Rezilia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 11:31:34 PM »
Yeah, but every DC show has its lore. Even if they never referenced the greater universe in the OG cartoon, Go! has more than enough content involving Batman, the Justice League, etc.

Go! is not in any way canon. It constantly contradicts itself. Which is fine, because that's the show it is.

But if Teen Titans somehow, in some way, did end up in the game, they would have the original TT anime's style and the only location would be Titans Tower off the coast of downtown. Beyond the original five, the Hive five and Slade, and maybe the West group, no other characters would be featured. And even those likely wouldn't all be there. Red X is an exception because he's supposed to be, or at one point was, Robin.

I'm not trying to legitimize TT in FFL. I'm just saying that's how it would be in the game if the devs decided to put it in there. TTG would not be a basis, nor would the new Teen Titans movies or any other DC work.

Zor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 12:49:03 PM »
Seems like the biggest problem with Teen Titans or Go! would be copyright, like what happened with Total Drama

Rezilia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »
Once again, copyright is not an issue, as the people who own CN also own Teen Titans. The problem is that Teen Titans already belongs to a massive universe, so putting it in Fusionfall would - in some people's minds - legitimize DC itself in FF, which is a whole bag of chips too salty to deal with.

L0rd

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »
Once again, copyright is not an issue, as the people who own CN also own Teen Titans. The problem is that Teen Titans already belongs to a massive universe, so putting it in Fusionfall would - in some people's minds - legitimize DC itself in FF, which is a whole bag of chips too salty to deal with.
I wouldn't necessarily say that copyright isn't entirely an issue if the Teen Titans were to be added to the game. Even though the parent company which owns CN are also the owners of DC Comics, the separate organisations may possess varying opinions on the game and the use of their individual properties.

Also, the fact that the Teen Titans are also part of the DCU means that they are incredibly unlikely to be added regardless. I personally am not expecting anything more than items based on the series and references.

Miigator

• henlo stinko
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 02:51:21 AM »
If you're wondering what shows were cancelled since fusionfall shut down I have bad news  :'(

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.