Author Topic: Quick Question: Story Progress  (Read 955 times)

critical_unknown

• Fixed with a wave of the dev's magic jazz hands
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quick Question: Story Progress
« on: June 29, 2018, 01:52:20 AM »
So here's an odd one for the devs. Without going into specifics, where exactly are you guys on writing the main story? For example, are you pretty much done with the writing, are you half way there, or do you still got a ways to go on the story? If you can't answer it that's fine.

Shanderraa

• Resident of the 7th Layer of Irony. they/them
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quick Question: Story Progress
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 04:00:05 AM »
So here's an odd one for the devs. Without going into specifics, where exactly are you guys on writing the main story? For example, are you pretty much done with the writing, are you half way there, or do you still got a ways to go on the story? If you can't answer it that's fine.

What do you mean by writing? As in a storyboard-esque list of what's gonna happen, important NPC dialogue, or what?

L0rd

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 06:55:48 AM »
I don't believe the Developers will be able to answer your inquiry with specifics, but it's worth a shot.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 11:42:40 AM »
Technically speaking I doubt they’d ever be done until sometime near release. There’s always new content and technical difficulties/advancements to be found.

iamZeus

• "Shake it like jello, I'll say hello"
    • View Profile
    • Forever Fusion
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 06:12:05 PM »
I don't think they ever could be done with that. They've mentioned several times that the game will be continuously updated it for its entire life, and the main story is intertwined with the world missions.

Tesko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:34:09 AM »
I don't think they ever could be done with that. They've mentioned several times that the game will be continuously updated it for its entire life, and the main story is intertwined with the world missions.
I think there will be daily missions so I think the story will end at some point.

L0rd

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 05:31:48 AM »
I do believe that there will eventually be an end to the story, but we won't really see it until the end of the game's lifespan.

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 11:38:17 AM »
The broad strokes are there for the full story of the game, meaning the main important plot points are outlined and such. We've detailed a TON about the tutorial section, the Future, and have basically fleshed everything out for the earlier areas. We've also gotten several sidequest ideas marked out, with several being more properly detailed, mostly in earlier areas as well.

critical_unknown

• Fixed with a wave of the dev's magic jazz hands
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »
The broad strokes are there for the full story of the game, meaning the main important plot points are outlined and such. We've detailed a TON about the tutorial section, the Future, and have basically fleshed everything out for the earlier areas. We've also gotten several sidequest ideas marked out, with several being more properly detailed, mostly in earlier areas as well.
Wow. Noice.

Tesko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 03:37:25 PM »

Is retro gonna be done first or legacy?

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 03:48:47 PM »

Retro ought to be finished and out before Legacy.

L0rd

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 06:29:32 PM »
That's really cool!

Tesko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 08:59:44 PM »

Retro ought to be finished and out before Legacy.

Im too excited right now.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.