Author Topic: Post Words that Need to be Added to the FFR Whitelist Here!  (Read 34373 times)

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• If you read this you're a moose now
    • View Profile
Post Words that Need to be Added to the FFR Whitelist Here!
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:02:11 PM »
FusionFall Retro uses a whitelist of words that can be said in the chat. It's not possible for us to add every word alone, so if anybody has words that they can't say that they should be able to say, post them here to be added!

Some basic rules are:
  • Nothing that you can't say on the forums can be said in game
  • Words must follow all rules and the Terms of Service
  • No religion or politics
  • We will not be adding player names due to sheer volume and how easily it can be abused
  • If a word is being used for things like bypassing censors or other inappropriate use, it will be removed from the game whitelist
  • There are some exceptions to these rules; if a word isn't inherently inappropriate or against these guidelines but is primarily used in an inappropriate context it will not be added

Beyond that, post away! We check this thread multiple times per day to make sure the game's chat is as open and usable as possible.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:23:03 AM by StevieB219 »

BM_Vagabond

• 2008 Beta Tester for OG FusionFall
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Post words that need to be added to the FFR Whitlist Here
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »
Youtube for sure. Back in the original game, you had to say "u'' tubee" or somethign along those lines

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »
Youtube for sure. Back in the original game, you had to say "u'' tubee" or somethign along those lines
Youtube has already been in the whitelist, the easiest way to make sure would be by hopping in the game and trying things if you can.

Sonic94

• unintentionally upsetting ppl in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 06:13:04 PM »
Saturday.

yes I had to do that

badooga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
functionality, megathread, any variation of "coco" that adds more "co"s (cococo works, but not cocococo and beyond), rigby, mount, UI, android

Also, our forums usernames and character names should be added as well. Furthermore, while the individual words from the character wheel work, a combination of them doesn't seem to work (e.x. prism and xylon work, but not prismxylon).

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 06:40:33 PM »
functionality, megathread, any variation of "coco" that adds more "co"s (cococo works, but not cocococo and beyond), rigby, mount, UI, android

Also, our forums usernames and character names should be added as well. Furthermore, while the individual words from the character wheel work, a combination of them doesn't seem to work (e.x. prism and xylon work, but not prismxylon).
I added the specific words you said. I don't really know about adding forum names because those can be abused to bypass the filter.

Sonic94

• unintentionally upsetting ppl in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 07:05:30 PM »
Freaking and photobomb.

Alphe

• illegal coco set trafficker
    • View Profile
    • twitch
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 07:42:08 PM »
Alphe so I can answer when they ask me who I am on the forums.

Deluxe

•  
    Game Master

• Boo.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 07:47:25 PM »
Freaking and photobomb.
Photobomb was added! I don't think we'll be whitelisting the former of the two though.

badooga

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »
I added the specific words you said. I don't really know about adding forum names because those can be abused to bypass the filter.
What about combinations of the name wheel words? Anyway, here are more words, feel free to choose the ones that make sense:

Uncommon, ultrarare, restoration, teen, teens, static, tatter, tattered, tatters, tattering, regain, regained, yote, any roman numeral with more than one character, variations of "hmmm" with more "m"s, deathly, hallowed, fionna, royalty, ligament, tendon, marrow, cortex, anterior, posterior, radial, frontal, median, medial, causation, causal, timeline, timelines, frenemy, frenemies, things with (s) at the end [e.x. weapon(s)], and/or, xor, things combined using a slash (e.x. weapon/weapons), onslaught, immovable, nunchuck, nunchucks, kusarigama, kusarigamas, undead, undeath, lich, liches, phylactery, necromancy, necromancer, necromantic, necrotic, CTs, ESO, SU, FF, intergalactic, warhammer, greatsword, battleaxe, PPG, parkway, roadway, pavement, pave, paved, paving, thunderstorm, snowstorm, rainstorm, hailstorm, quiver, spock, kirk, picard, McCoy, janeway, klingon, marshes, lowlands, marshlands, setting, settings, some default hotkeys in game (m, j, p), slot, slotted, slotting, quartz, joestar, dio, jotaro, josuke, shooters, jquery, reuse, recycle, generate, pdf, dank, argumentative, redwood, latch, batch, minimap, dwarven, dwemer

A bunch of acronyms and popular characters/terms/locations from fiction should also be added; there are too many for me to fully list out, though.

_Truehero

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 08:02:05 PM »
could coco be added? pretty common internet vernacular (also, can i feel like accepting bad words wouldn't be a poor decision considering the likelyhood of an actual small child finding this is minimal)

Deluxe

•  
    Game Master

• Boo.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »
What about combinations of the name wheel words? Anyway, here are more words, feel free to choose the ones that make sense:

Uncommon, ultrarare, restoration, teen, teens, static, tatter, tattered, tatters, tattering, regain, regained, yote, any roman numeral with more than one character, variations of "hmmm" with more "m"s, deathly, hallowed, fionna, royalty, ligament, tendon, marrow, cortex, anterior, posterior, radial, frontal, median, medial, causation, causal, timeline, timelines, frenemy, frenemies, things with (s) at the end [e.x. weapon(s)], and/or, xor, things combined using a slash (e.x. weapon/weapons), onslaught, immovable, nunchuck, nunchucks, kusarigama, kusarigamas, undead, undeath, lich, liches, phylactery, necromancy, necromancer, necromantic, necrotic, CTs, ESO, SU, FF, intergalactic, warhammer, greatsword, battleaxe, PPG, parkway, roadway, pavement, pave, paved, paving, thunderstorm, snowstorm, rainstorm, hailstorm, quiver, spock, kirk, picard, McCoy, janeway, klingon, marshes, lowlands, marshlands, setting, settings, some default hotkeys in game (m, j, p), slot, slotted, slotting, quartz, joestar, dio, jotaro, josuke, shooters, jquery, reuse, recycle, generate, pdf, dank, argumentative, redwood, latch, batch, minimap, dwarven, dwemer

A bunch of acronyms and popular characters/terms/locations from fiction should also be added; there are too many for me to fully list out, though.
I added a few of the words from this list.

@_Truehero
Coco is already whitelisted. ^^

badooga

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
Post words that need to be added to the FFR Whitlist Here
"Whitlist" is a typo, I thought I'd let you guys know.

NickyWindu

• Dormammu, I've come to bargain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 08:20:18 PM »
Oops.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:45:29 PM by NickyWindu »

_Truehero

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »
i didn't say coco, i said laughing my a off buti must have been censored

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.