Author Topic: Had a little crash  (Read 297 times)

crysty82

• View Profile
    • Email
Had a little crash
« on: August 08, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
My game crashed when I tried to equip a pair of Ultra-rare glasses, over some other accessory, my third crash since I've started playing since the day of the release, other than that.. this game is amazing, I've been loving it thus far, and I believe this is an improvement on the original, comparing the amount of crashes, frame drops and whatnot. Good job, developers, you guys are amazing!

hudie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Had a little crash
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 12:43:57 PM »
Did it happen again when you re tried?

crysty82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 10:47:01 AM »
Nope, it was just a one-time thing.

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 02:47:21 PM »
Unfortunately this is a known issue with the original game that we're unable to fix. It happens with Hat items, Face Items, and Weapons.

crysty82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 04:59:00 PM »
I mean, it's completely understandable considering you guys are trying to replicate the original game, but in reality, you guys are improving it. =)

carpengui

• Where did all this green stuff come from?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Had a little crash (A different one)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 08:51:57 PM »
This one admittedly may be tough to track down (and I'm a software developer, so I should know).

Level 4 player
Completed Eddy's Haste makes paste mission
Returned to Eddy, hit Complete Mission... got rewards.
Brought up Journal... the same mission was shown as available.  I figured - okay, click it.
Got a message - failed mission launch (or something close to that).
Acknowledged the mission and then chaos ensued:  an endless loop of my screen bouncing between 2 different display   
     modes, roughly repeating every 2 seconds.
Finally got out of it via Ctrl-Alt-Delete/Task Manager to kill the app.

Running Windows 10 (up to date)
Was running at 2560x1080 resolution
AMD FX-8370 processor
Video driver:  Radeon RX 480

Up to this point, all had been running perfectly well (well done!).  Can't say that the mission sequence triggered the video thing, but it did happen immediately afterwards.

UPDATE:  had to reboot the computer as re-entry couldn't get past the loading screen.

When I got back in, Eddy had ?? around his head... I inquired, and I 'completed' the same mission.  However, it seems that we're more-or-less running again now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 09:09:18 PM by carpengui »

VeticTitan

• A returning causal FF player.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Had a little crash (A different one)
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
This one admittedly may be tough to track down (and I'm a software developer, so I should know).

Level 4 player
Completed Eddy's Haste makes paste mission
Returned to Eddy, hit Complete Mission... got rewards.
Brought up Journal... the same mission was shown as available.  I figured - okay, click it.
Got a message - failed mission launch (or something close to that).
Acknowledged the mission and then chaos ensued:  an endless loop of my screen bouncing between 2 different display   
     modes, roughly repeating every 2 seconds.
Finally got out of it via Ctrl-Alt-Delete/Task Manager to kill the app.

Running Windows 10 (up to date)
Was running at 2560x1080 resolution
AMD FX-8370 processor
Video driver:  Radeon RX 480

Up to this point, all had been running perfectly well (well done!).  Can't say that the mission sequence triggered the video thing, but it did happen immediately afterwards.

Same thing happened to me. Though it was my computer bugging out lol.

MoriBee

•  
    Community Manager

• Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
I've heard of the Mission Failed Launch part of it, cuz it's a small issue we haven't found a fix for with how random it is, and since you can usually just ignore the second request to take the mission. But I've never heard or see it actually mess with the display??? It shouldn't, so it sounds like a separate glitch

carpengui

• Where did all this green stuff come from?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 07:44:51 AM »
But I've never heard or see it actually mess with the display??? It shouldn't, so it sounds like a separate glitch

In my experience, coincidence in software is not usually a thing that happens... could be, but there ya go.  Tried to include everything I could to describe the scenario, but yes:  the 'random' intermittent ones are among the nastiest - particularly when you could also have race conditions in play!

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.