Author Topic: Map Revamp  (Read 338 times)

afterthesequel06

• Loves Smash Bros. Doesn't Have Switch
    • View Profile
    • Email
Map Revamp
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:20:52 PM »
What areas in FusionFall do you think could benefit from a revamp in Legacy? And what changes would you make to make said area more fun to traverse through? Are there any new areas you'd like to see in Legacy? (whether based on a CN show or totally original.) What purpose would said area serve to the lore of FusionFall?

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Map Revamp
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 12:29:27 AM »
I'll go area by area with my own thoughts, I guess. I haven't actually been to the Darklands enough to talk about all that though. In case anyone gets triggered, these are just my personal opinions. They have no bearing on you or Legacy.

Sector V - basically already redesigned to my liking for Legacy. The area seems a lot more unique and the treehouse now pops out of an actual house like it always did.
Pokey Oaks - actually really good, every building looks different from the next. Only complaint is that there's no house next to the Powerpuff house, which basically gets rid of their neighboring villain and his family (in jail, but should still be acknowledged). Also, props to the devs for the Powerpuff statue idea. Really nice.
Peach Creek - just never felt well-done. The cardboard castle looked okay but it always seemed very rushed due to the copy-and-paste nature of the houses.
Candy Cove - devs have the right idea making the ship bigger and everything but these houses also feel a bit rushed. Less offending due to the fact that the Peach Creek houses actually housed main characters at one point.
Genius Grove - This is the only one where I look at the devs' decision and I'm like "hmmm" because I can't choose if I like the new Dee Dee-fied house. Then I think, "You know what, if I were in this situation in real life, looking at the questionable unicorn paint job of a ten-year-old gone wild onto a house, I would also be pretty perturbed then." And then I'm okay with it, because it made me feel something. That's some good art right there.
Peach Creek Estates - Yeah. Itís fine.
Goat's Junk Yard - genuinely love the concept for this area, just needs a major visual overhaul with the rest of the game since it's aged so significantly.
Foster's Home - name change to Wilson Way is amazing, good job devs. Overall just wish it felt wackier. Foster's Interior worked really well because it could explore that world a bit more. We need more of that.
Eternal areas/Endsville - very well-themed, although there aren't enough Grim references. Oh, and we need more Evil.

City Point - Infected zone had a lot of potential but fell just a tiny bit short. Would love some more CN references.
City Station - has always been pretty good, but the concept art was much cooler than the final product.
Townsville Center/City Hall - needs an update but a wonderful area
Marquee Row - the infected zone is really really hard and it makes me mad but the idea of the Sonny Bridges Auditorium is great. Where's the school though? Or the class? Or Sonny?
Townsville Park - interesting concept. Not my thing really but I can get into it. The Sara Bellum statues are an instant sell for me personally.
Orchid Bay/Bravo Beach - genuinely a very fun area to walk around and explore. So glad we get to explore Skull Rock in Legacy.
Morbucks Towers - a glorified version of Peach Creek Estates, but the difference is enough to make it good.
Mojo's Volcano - didn't feel big enough. I get that they're monkeys and everything, but the observatory looks smaller than it did in the show, or even the manga.
Galaxy Gardens - again, not really my thing, but really good theming.
Tech Square - Very funny concept for Mandark to set up shop AFTER Dexter's already influenced the entire area around him, as well as nearly all of Downtown. Just some minor redesigns and it's perfect.
Steam Alley - great idea to have a little historical section in such a bustling image of the future. Serious potential for even deeper lore about Downtown history.
Offworld Plaza - IZ is almost impossible to navigate without specific Nano powers, which is an issue for some players. Everything else is okay.

Prickly Pines - Yeah. It's good. It's accurate. It works.
Acorn Flats - SO glad it's actually being treated as its former self for once.
Camp Kidney - We needed Jelly Cabin. We got Jelly Cabin. We needed Slinkman. We got Slinkman. Scoutmaster Lumpus obviously isn't gonna happen but hey 2/3 ain't bad!
Leakey Lake - Also accurate to the show, plus the very few characters who have resided there in the past have always felt right at home in a way.
Mount Blackhead - interesting concept to take what was IIRC a Civil War battleground in the world of Camp Lazlo and convert it into the KND Jungle Outpost. Would love to hear Lumpus's opinion on that, considering the plot was about his grandfather or something. (Hypothetically speaking since he's not in the game)
Pimpleback Mountains/Haunted Ridge - surprisingly well thought-out, but it could go farther.
Twisted Forest/Really Twisted Forest - Really feels like the deep wilderness of a CN show. Can't say which one specifically, but the theming is very right.
Ruins/Devil's Canyon/Devil's Bluff - Would love to see more detail in the past societies of these areas, especially the cliff-dwellers. Overall though, solid work.
Nowhere - I never really saw Juniper or Kevin as really good choices for this area, but also I guess it does make sense that their interest in the supernatural and fighitng an alien invasion would drag them here eventually. The area itself is perfect, although the house seemed a bit too close to Area 51.1.
Area 51.1 - love the redesign. Adding the military base instead of just limiting it to the Bermuda Triangle concept makes things much better.
Forgotten Falls/Monkey Foothills - absolutely amazing sights, just wish there were more areas like these to ease the transition into the Darklands a bit better.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 11:24:02 AM by Poppleworks »

casualty

• Science ^-^
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 04:10:00 AM »
1. I feel that the Catacombs (both lower and upper) could have some minor change in terms of the width of the tunnels that are needed to move from one area to another. The tunnels are just kinda too enclosed and with the crazy amount of enemies lurking there, it's kinda hard to not get spotted.  Apart from that, I kinda enjoy the Catacombs due to the majestic building-abandoned castle in the lake which is more fun if we could really explore its interior. From the pic of the day, I'm kinda excited for that weird door thing in the area which  could lead to new areas.

2. An area deserving of a revamp would be Habitat Homes in Suburbs. I always feel that the place could receive improvement in order to better express the "wild" vibe. The way the area looks like resembles any other normal area where humans live although Habitat Homes is populated by mostly animals. So, I propse that the area could have houses that looks like the habitat of animals(I.e tree houses that monkeys live/tanks for aquatic animals). Because of this, the areas would be more complex and more secrets or crates could be hidden.

3. Galaxy gardens could also have some changes such as more variety of plants in IZ and outside IZ. The nearby river could also use some aquatic animals and plants. There could be also be a mission provided by animal-loving/environment-loving NPCs (Probably Bubbles) to check on them.

4. In Bravo Beach,  next to the castle IZ is a small island. Perhaps some secrets could be added there.

Additions:

1. I remember that In Courage The Cowardly Dog, there is a small town somewhere in Nowhere which was featured in some episodes(I think one of the episode is about a beam turning everyone rude). Perhaps, players could explore the town and Eustace missions could be based on the location. One mission I thought of would be greedy Eustace sending players there for selfish reasons and Courage would probably ask the player to do something good instead).

2. A underwater based area could also be added. Dexter would probably have built a diving suit or something for players to explore this area which could be a new interesting mechanic (they could add it after they launched the game ). Maybe Susan Strong underwater city thing could be placed there and her missions involve preventing Fuse from invading that area and making it a stronghold.

afterthesequel06

• Loves Smash Bros. Doesn't Have Switch
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »
1. I feel that the Catacombs (both lower and upper) could have some minor change in terms of the width of the tunnels that are needed to move from one area to another. The tunnels are just kinda too enclosed and with the crazy amount of enemies lurking there, it's kinda hard to not get spotted.  Apart from that, I kinda enjoy the Catacombs due to the majestic building-abandoned castle in the lake which is more fun if we could really explore its interior. From the pic of the day, I'm kinda excited for that weird door thing in the area which  could lead to new areas.

2. An area deserving of a revamp would be Habitat Homes in Suburbs. I always feel that the place could receive improvement in order to better express the "wild" vibe. The way the area looks like resembles any other normal area where humans live although Habitat Homes is populated by mostly animals. So, I propose that the area could have houses that looks like the habitat of animals(I.e tree houses that monkeys live/tanks for aquatic animals). Because of this, the areas would be more complex and more secrets or crates could be hidden.

3. Galaxy gardens could also have some changes such as more variety of plants in IZ and outside IZ. The nearby river could also use some aquatic animals and plants. There could be also be a mission provided by animal-loving/environment-loving NPCs (Probably Bubbles) to check on them.

4. In Bravo Beach,  next to the castle IZ is a small island. Perhaps some secrets could be added there.

Additions:

1. I remember that In Courage The Cowardly Dog, there is a small town somewhere in Nowhere which was featured in some episodes(I think one of the episode is about a beam turning everyone rude). Perhaps, players could explore the town and Eustace missions could be based on the location. One mission I thought of would be greedy Eustace sending players there for selfish reasons and Courage would probably ask the player to do something good instead).

2. A underwater based area could also be added. Dexter would probably have built a diving suit or something for players to explore this area which could be a new interesting mechanic (they could add it after they launched the game ). Maybe Susan Strong underwater city thing could be placed there and her missions involve preventing Fuse from invading that area and making it a stronghold.
1. I think the only thing they really need to do the Catacombs is just remove the enemies from the tunnels and keep them in the openings in between to give players move breathing room. The castle would a cool area to explore. And I think eggplant and chicken hideouts could be more distinguishable. Like make the eggplant hideout move grassy and vine-filled. Make the chicken hideout more spacey and sci-fi looking.

2. I agree that Habitat Homes should be surrounded in tree-houses, ponds, swampy-looking houses. Places that animals would like to live in. I also think there should be a Monkey Skyway or Tube that takes you to the Zoo. Habitat Homes is close to the city and it makes sense that the zoo animals would have a quick way to getting to Charles Darwin.

3. I feel Galaxy Garden IZ should feel more like a former tourist attraction turned IZ. Have remnants of a gift shop or a ticket booth mixed with all the plants. I hate having to travel from one side of the structure to the other just get to a jump pad or needing a high/rocket jump nano just get there. Just make a ramp. There technically is a river between Galaxy Garden and City Station. You could do more with it.

4. During the Knishmas event, they hid an ice giant on that island. Did could more with it. I just want them to add Pop's Diner. It's criminal the such an iconic Johnny Bravo location isn't in the Johnny Bravo area.

A1. I see it being east of Nowhere and south of (Where I think) Providence Base is going to be. A nice little town in the desert could Nowhere feel more alive

A2. Whoosh the whale would be a more practical way to getting to an underwater area. (New mechanics would be cool, just being grounded). Susan Strong would be cool addition to FFL, but I also want to see the Triseraquins from Samurai Jack. The city they live in would make for a pretty cool area. Maybe we'll get both.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:48:12 PM by afterthesequel06 »

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.