Author Topic: A fun way how to grow the economy - Mystery Crates  (Read 549 times)

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Re: A fun way how to grow the economy - Mystery Crates
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 07:14:21 PM »
I like the idea a lot. Are you suggesting loot boxes? Instead of paying real cash which is illegal, we use our hard-earned taros instead? We need a true taros sink for the game. Taking advantage of the gambling mechanisms in the game would definitely be the best way to go, in my opinion. A reworked EGGER, Mysterious Vendor, or themed based crate such as Steven Universe would be lovely. Reintroducing items are also important as well provided that they're not dropped like candy.

Sane

• Staying 2 and 10 on the wheel of Karma.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 06:09:30 AM »
If a "heirloom" rarity item were to exist, then either the price of the crate has to be reduced to 10k or similar to match the low chances (if we stick with the same prices of items) or there needs to be a second crate that's specifically built around these items. What is your proposition?  :)

I think the only time Prices should drop is if a set of items within the CRATE was limited time. Just like with reintroducing items I feel you have to take into account this is a permanent addition to the game, assuming the developers do not want to rotate or remove items from the Mystery Crates over time.  I donít think a second crate needs to be introduced as these items within the Mystery crate will never leave the game and would really have only two  ways to get them (Buying with some luck or Trading) instead of opting to just grind it yourself. Iím not one of the richest players in the game, however, I do recognize that you can abuse Volcano vaulters and other monsters to get enough taros (Up to a million) in just a few hours so the Heirloom item should maintain a level of legendary status, instead of lowering prices to accommodate people getting it.

I want to use Apex legends as an example again. It is almost impossible to get every Heirloom in the game without spending a really large portion of money for it.  While I donít agree with loot boxes in the real world where you actually need it for multiple things, if youíre spending in a game where the currency does not have many alternative uses then I think itís fine. Just because items will be hard to get does not mean it wonít be a great place to splurge all that endgame grind money. I also want to say again, since the items are permanent to the game/permanent feature then chances for these Ultra rare and Legendary items should remain high in value for as long as possible, to the point even rich players can not abuse the system without going broke.

Back to Apex legends, I also like how they have Crafting metals that when stacked to 1,200 allow you to get a ďLegendaryĒ or Ultra rare item of your choice. I think this would be an interesting thing that they could implement later down the line. It could involve maybe giving you keys or something similar as an item that stacked that could possibly go through a mission to collect one of the ultra rare of your choice, using an NPC to give this mission out with the required crafting metals to get the mission reward. I would say a vendor but I donít want people to abuse buying from the vendor if the item were free and they warped in with an alt account. (I know this sounds similar to my crafting suggestion to some but they really do have Crafting metals in Apex that allow you to buy your own Legendary after stacking enough from the loot boxes) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.shacknews.com/article/109806/how-to-get-crafting-metals-and-materials-in-apex-legends%3famphtml=1

I definitely see where you're coming from. Could you please write what your version of the crate price & the drop chances for all item rarities is? I get what you mean, but I was moreso trying to understand how this 1/100 chance affects the rest of the chances and prices.

I like the idea a lot. Are you suggesting loot boxes? Instead of paying real cash which is illegal, we use our hard-earned taros instead? We need a true taros sink for the game. Taking advantage of the gambling mechanisms in the game would definitely be the best way to go, in my opinion. A reworked EGGER, Mysterious Vendor, or themed based crate such as Steven Universe would be lovely. Reintroducing items are also important as well provided that they're not dropped like candy.

Yup, we're on the same wavelength!

Indes

• IGN - Burning Rome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »
If a "heirloom" rarity item were to exist, then either the price of the crate has to be reduced to 10k or similar to match the low chances (if we stick with the same prices of items) or there needs to be a second crate that's specifically built around these items. What is your proposition?  :)

I think the only time Prices should drop is if a set of items within the CRATE was limited time. Just like with reintroducing items I feel you have to take into account this is a permanent addition to the game, assuming the developers do not want to rotate or remove items from the Mystery Crates over time.  I don’t think a second crate needs to be introduced as these items within the Mystery crate will never leave the game and would really have only two  ways to get them (Buying with some luck or Trading) instead of opting to just grind it yourself. I’m not one of the richest players in the game, however, I do recognize that you can abuse Volcano vaulters and other monsters to get enough taros (Up to a million) in just a few hours so the Heirloom item should maintain a level of legendary status, instead of lowering prices to accommodate people getting it.

I want to use Apex legends as an example again. It is almost impossible to get every Heirloom in the game without spending a really large portion of money for it.  While I don’t agree with loot boxes in the real world where you actually need it for multiple things, if you’re spending in a game where the currency does not have many alternative uses then I think it’s fine. Just because items will be hard to get does not mean it won’t be a great place to splurge all that endgame grind money. I also want to say again, since the items are permanent to the game/permanent feature then chances for these Ultra rare and Legendary items should remain high in value for as long as possible, to the point even rich players can not abuse the system without going broke.

Back to Apex legends, I also like how they have Crafting metals that when stacked to 1,200 allow you to get a “Legendary” or Ultra rare item of your choice. I think this would be an interesting thing that they could implement later down the line. It could involve maybe giving you keys or something similar as an item that stacked that could possibly go through a mission to collect one of the ultra rare of your choice, using an NPC to give this mission out with the required crafting metals to get the mission reward. I would say a vendor but I don’t want people to abuse buying from the vendor if the item were free and they warped in with an alt account. (I know this sounds similar to my crafting suggestion to some but they really do have Crafting metals in Apex that allow you to buy your own Legendary after stacking enough from the loot boxes) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.shacknews.com/article/109806/how-to-get-crafting-metals-and-materials-in-apex-legends%3famphtml=1

I definitely see where you're coming from. Could you please write what your version of the crate price & the drop chances for all item rarities is? I get what you mean, but I was moreso trying to understand how this 1/100 chance affects the rest of the chances and prices.

Now that I’m reading everything back I’m going to agree with these heirloom type items being in a separate crate with much higher chances of actually getting it (Higher risk/Higher reward). Again we are keeping in mind these items are permanent to the game so it should be a challenge trying to grab these Heirloom type items and to farm the taros necessary for it. I would give each Heirloom it’s own specific crate with most of the items thrown in it being lower level commons/uncommon items in the game (which you could sell back for some money) .  I’m not that good with crunching the numbers to be fair but the price could be set at 30-50K per crate with the drop chance for a Heirloom set/Item being somewhere around 1/100 of those crates. Some quick math if we go with the larger number of 50K would be 50,0000 X 100 = 5 million taros which would mean these items would be insanely expensive (with out the grand luck) and difficult for even rich players to just buy up and throw a price tag on in the cul-de-sac.

I’d also like to note I’m just suggesting prices and if it is pretty expensive that players can work together to get these items as a team. I feel like we should keep in mind that working together can net people much more money than solo, just like when grinding it’s easier when working in groups.

Prices/Rates can be modified and this is just a suggestion for a way to make a more legendary item that will probably keep people busy trying to get for a good month or two before the consideration  of adding anything else to the loot box is even thought of.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 10:03:33 AM by Indes »

insoepic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2020, 01:16:28 PM »
I like the idea! Great video too, beautiful editing and nice formatting! Keep up the good work!

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.