Author Topic: Which Guide Makes The Most Sense?  (Read 762 times)

nickdrink19

• View Profile
    • Email
Which Guide Makes The Most Sense?
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »
In you guys opinion which Guide makes the most since to fit the main story from greatest to least?

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Which Guide Makes The Most Sense?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 10:52:59 PM »
I would say all of them have an equal amount of sense being a part of the story, but in terms of importance:

Ben - actually researching Fuse with alien technology
Dexter - trying to find heroes lost in the invasion
Mojo - trying to use the invasion as an excuse/distraction for formulating some greater evil scheme
Edd - candy, primarily

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 11:02:52 PM »
Ben & Dexter make the most sense. Edd is just troll level as a guide.

AGTRigorMortis

• A nostalgia seeking gamer.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 05:37:20 AM »

Mojo makes the least sense, since all he wants to do is become a global dictator, which basically defeats the purpose of defeating Fuse, you're replacing one villainous hierarchy with another.

At least Edd has innocence of a child as his excuse for making you do pointless tasks which contribute very little to the cause against the Fusion invasion besides the gear, but I suppose it adds comedy to the whole game. Cartoon Network characters were constantly breaking the fourth wall in terms of story anyway.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:07:05 AM by AGTRigorMortis »

Poppleworks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »

Mojo makes the least sense, since all he wants to do is become a global dictator, which basically defeats the purpose of defeating Fuse, you're replacing one villainous hierarchy with another.

At least Edd has innocence of a child as his excuse for making you do pointless tasks which contribute very little to the cause against the Fusion invasion besides the gear, but I suppose it adds comedy to the whole game. Cartoon Network characters were constantly breaking the forth wall in terms of story anyway.
You didnít expect Mojo Jojo to NOT use a worldwide conflict as an excuse to up his power, did you?

batmaniac

• 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 "𝓜𝓸𝓬𝓱𝓲" 𝓢𝓾𝓹𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻 Wu Yifan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 10:14:37 AM »
Yeah. In that case, Mojo Jojo does make sense as he stays in character.
Edd is just random... If he is able to concoct a fortress, he is capable of more.

AGTRigorMortis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 11:12:38 AM »

At least Edd has innocence of a child as his excuse for making you do pointless tasks which contribute very little to the cause against the Fusion invasion besides the gear, but I suppose it adds comedy to the whole game. Cartoon Network characters were constantly breaking the forth wall in terms of story anyway.
You didnít expect Mojo Jojo to NOT use a worldwide conflict as an excuse to up his power, did you?

No, but that's beside the point. While it's true that Cartoon Network storylines aren't exactly known for being the most logical and they break the fourth wall, like Looney Tunes do.

The thing is when you have him as a guide to go against an alien invasion, the characters you play as were taking a pretty big risk, one being betrayal. We do it because the game is about fun.

But if this were real life, I doubt the situation would be the same and you better believe Mojo Jojo would be the last person I'd want to work for.

Poppleworks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 03:42:10 PM »

No, but that's beside the point. While it's true that Cartoon Network storylines aren't exactly known for being the most logical and they break the fourth wall, like Looney Tunes do.

The thing is when you have him as a guide to go against an alien invasion, the characters you play as were taking a pretty big risk, one being betrayal. We do it because the game is about fun.

But if this were real life, I doubt the situation would be the same and you better believe Mojo Jojo would be the last person I'd want to work for.
Eh, Mojoís insistence on taking down Fuse early on plus his brief stint as the guy who brought world peace seem like good enough reason to allow his technological genius to be used for a guide job. Eddís just a relatively smart kid.

Mega4500

• FusionFall Youtuber (mostly). IGN: Plants 10000
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 03:59:39 PM »
Edd is after the Crazy Brain Candy, which can make hundreds of kids into Fuseīs slaves. Other than that tho Edd is just a troll guide, with most of the people you get assigned with (like Bloo) barely caring for the Crazy Brain Candy only after you do like 5 tasks for them. Its funny, hilarious, and has alot of references and funny lines.

Mojo is actually my favorite in terms of story. I love how you help him try to take over the world just as Fuse is trying to do, and everyone in the world doubts you and Mojo. It was only after Mandy came in and helped you fool his plan (despite the fact she also wants to make an army of her own).

Dexter and Ben are practically the only 2 after Fuse. Dexter for making heroes disappear, and Ben for research to take down Planet Fuse. They have cool plotlines too, but imo not as fun as the other 2.

AGTRigorMortis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 08:04:47 PM »
Edd is after the Crazy Brain Candy, which can make hundreds of kids into Fuseīs slaves. Other than that tho Edd is just a troll guide, with most of the people you get assigned with (like Bloo) barely caring for the Crazy Brain Candy only after you do like 5 tasks for them. Its funny, hilarious, and has alot of references and funny lines.

Mojo is actually my favorite in terms of story. I love how you help him try to take over the world just as Fuse is trying to do, and everyone in the world doubts you and Mojo. It was only after Mandy came in and helped you fool his plan (despite the fact she also wants to make an army of her own).

Dexter and Ben are practically the only 2 after Fuse. Dexter for making heroes disappear, and Ben for research to take down Planet Fuse. They have cool plotlines too, but imo not as fun as the other 2.

I'd use Mojo as a guide on one of my 4 characters, it's just a game. But I'm not going to deny the fact that helping him goes against the ultimate goal of the protagonist characters such as Dexter and Ben 10, or even non guide characters such as  KND, Bloo from FHFIF or Powerpuff Girls.

Where Mojo Jojo is concerned, I see that part of Fusionfall Retro as the "dark story".
although it still fits within the concepts of Role Playing Games.

Chima23

• IGN: Nitro blaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
Ben and Dexter are the most logical guide. They deal more with Fuse. Mojo is just tying to take over the world and Edd just wants candy. Honesty though they all have some nice sets to wear.

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 01:51:03 AM »
Ben and Dexter are the most logical guide. They deal more with Fuse. Mojo is just tying to take over the world and Edd just wants candy. Honesty though they all have some nice sets to wear.

As a little kid, candy would have been the most fun. lol

However, the missions for Ed are annoying. It only gets serious when you have Courage as your task giver. For Numbuh Two, Billy, and Bloo, it's a lot of silly activities that don't relate at all to the main plot.

AGTRigorMortis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 04:11:21 AM »
Yeah. In that case, Mojo Jojo does make sense as he stays in character.
Edd is just random... If he is able to concoct a fortress, he is capable of more.

It wasn't really much of a fortress, it was built out of wood and cardboard lol
Even scrap metal would've been a better option as it would've been more sturdy, although heavier to carry around.

one begs the question why Edd didn't just use Goat's junkyard to build the walls.
But I guess the Cul De Sac kids didn't have the strength to carry that much metal around nor had the time. And without Ed, Rolf or Kevin they wouldn't have had the manpower necessary to do it.

The Powerpuff Girls were busy helping KND and the player characters
Dexter probably would've been able to help if Dee Dee wasn't such a distraction.

dragonmasterdrago

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 11:33:53 AM »

However, the missions for Ed are annoying. It only gets serious when you have Courage as your task giver. For Numbuh Two, Billy, and Bloo, it's a lot of silly activities that don't relate at all to the main plot.

i agree with bloo and billy but to be fair on number two he was early on in the guideline.

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 03:15:07 PM »

i agree with bloo and billy but to be fair on number two he was early on in the guideline.

First mission from Edd is that you deliver ice cream for Numbuh Two. Meanwhile, for Mojo Jojo, you have to do a timed mission all the way to Pokey Oaks and then back. :P

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.