Author Topic: Fusionfall Legacy vs Retro question  (Read 258 times)

AGTRigorMortis

• A nostalgia seeking gamer.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fusionfall Legacy vs Retro question
« on: February 09, 2019, 04:23:17 AM »
I have a quick question to ask everyone, I don't know what kind of progress is taking place in the development of Fusionfall Legacy, other than the odd screenshots posted on the Twitter page, showing that Legacy will have vastly updated graphics compared to the original

but which is going to be better out of Legacy and Retro overall? can this question be answered now?

I've made suggestions on what side quest I think could be added to Fusionfall Legacy
and I'd love to see people make corrections or add suggestions to improve my suggestion, or make a constructive criticism on why it shouldn't be done if they disagree.

My suggestion was based on an old CN TV series called 2 Stupid Dogs.
but also combining it with an old childrens fable about the boy who cried wolf.

and I'm sure there are plenty of other mission suggestions similar to my own with regards to Fusionfall Legacy, people want more missions than the original had. It is based on an MMO after all.

https://www.forums.fusionfalluniverse.com/index.php?topic=13489.msg259720#msg259720

batmaniac

• 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 "𝓜𝓸𝓬𝓱𝓲" 𝓢𝓾𝓹𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻 Wu Yifan
    • View Profile
Re: Fusionfall Legacy vs Retro question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 08:17:01 AM »
I have to go with legacy for being a fresh template with tons of surprises.
The thing with the current game is that many people have already played it... Multiples times, even.
They know what to expect. There is nothing new to offer outside of special events and patches.
The one thing I'm hoping for is legitimate replay value because leveling up to 36 continuously is redundant.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:35:26 AM »
I would say that choosing which one is better is rude and disrespectful to both teams, BUT Legacy is improving a lot of issues from Retro in addition to loads of new content. If those fixes are genuinely good, I vote Legacy. And they probably will be, considering the team they have.

AGTRigorMortis

• A nostalgia seeking gamer.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 10:25:07 AM »
I would say that choosing which one is better is rude and disrespectful to both teams, BUT Legacy is improving a lot of issues from Retro in addition to loads of new content. If those fixes are genuinely good, I vote Legacy. And they probably will be, considering the team they have.

The people need to remember is even if Fusionfall Legacy ends up with vastly more content, it's still the same game at the core, the story will be the same, minus the additional characters. The final objective of the game will also be the same, defeat Lord Fuse and save the CN Universe.

It's also going to have finite content still, what happens after a lot of people beat that game? will they want to start from the beginning with new characters?

anyway I agree with your first sentence, putting one version of the game down would be disrespectful of the work the dev teams have put into each version, and Fusionfall Retro with its promised bug fixes is superior even to the OG Fusionfall from 2009, same game, but this time less problems and it runs in its own separate client instead of requiring the Unity web player extension inside a web browser, eliminating all the fuss with incompatibility with web browsers.

it's kind of like comparing Game Freak and Pokemon Company original Pokemon games to the remakes, no matter the content or the graphics, nostalgia will be a factor in why some prefer or still want to play the older versions, people like to see the differences, possibly for purposes of learning or commentary on Youtube.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.