Author Topic: FusionFall Retro - An In-depth Explanation for Permanent Updates  (Read 5698 times)

Sonic94

• Can we plz forget my cringe debut in the forums?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FusionFall Retro - An In-depth Explanation for Permanent Updates
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »
Are codes going to be implemented once Retro is more finished or is that something you're still hashing out?

Ambfibia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 01:28:36 AM »
Okay, I do not think that to add new nano you need to change their mechanics, you can just make them side missions. Also, the characters from the new CN cartoons are not a problem if it does not violate the copyright

Crystal_Ranger_Danny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 10:16:56 AM »
Okay, I do not think that to add new nano you need to change their mechanics, you can just make them side missions. Also, the characters from the new CN cartoons are not a problem if it does not violate the copyright
Im not sure if you understanding my point. Retro is clearly very limited. The devs can simply add new nanos because retro uses a level up system which i like to call: + 1 lvl + 1 nano. Nanos are basically counted as level aswell. This wouldn't be sorted out for side mission Nanos. This kinda reminds me of how the post academy treated nanos. New NPCs aren't possible. All they can really do is use the assests that are in game and edit a small things. You're right about  copyright stuff though. In Legacy they have all the freedom to do what ever the want to. Which makes me and alot of other people really excited for what they have mind for Legacy.

Ambfibia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 03:07:17 PM »
Im not sure if you understanding my point. Retro is clearly very limited. The devs can simply add new nanos because retro uses a level up system which i like to call: + 1 lvl + 1 nano. Nanos are basically counted as level aswell. This wouldn't be sorted out for side mission Nanos. This kinda reminds me of how the post academy treated nanos. New NPCs aren't possible. All they can really do is use the assests that are in game and edit a small things. You're right about  copyright stuff though. In Legacy they have all the freedom to do what ever the want to. Which makes me and alot of other people really excited for what they have mind for Legacy.
What if you make a nano system 1 lvl = 1 level (36 original) + the rest as usual missions with gaining experience and money? (It will not break the old system and with it will saturate the game with new content) And as for the characters, I am sure that I add new models are not so difficult in the game, and I think that this should be the main factor in the development of retro, because if only Legacy adds new franchises to the FF universe, then the need for retro will quickly disappear, since it makes sense to play it, if legacy will have more content? And how to explain then the lack of other characters in retro, if the lore between the Legacy and the retro is connected?

Crystal_Ranger_Danny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 04:09:16 PM »
What if you make a nano system 1 lvl = 1 level (36 original) + the rest as usual missions with gaining experience and money? (It will not break the old system and with it will saturate the game with new content) And as for the characters, I am sure that I add new models are not so difficult in the game, and I think that this should be the main factor in the development of retro, because if only Legacy adds new franchises to the FF universe, then the need for retro will quickly disappear, since it makes sense to play it, if legacy will have more content? And how to explain then the lack of other characters in retro, if the lore between the Legacy and the retro is connected?
The thing is... they can't import models into Retro. The non 36 nanos can't be added at all because in the system that Retro is using currently is basically like: 1 nano = 1 level. I get what you are trying to say but it sadly won't work out. I really want the unused nanos in Retro aswell but it just isn't possible because they are also not complete. Not complete as in: They are missing voice clips/animations/coding/etc. Legacy isn't just for adding new franchises. Like the devs mentioned earlier: Legacy's goal rn is to completely seperate it from Retro while still being a Fusionfall game. They also said if you really like Retro then they are not sure if you are gonna like Legacy because of how different they are. Legacy is a reimagined version of fusionfall, there are no connections between Legacy and Retro when it comes to lore. I know you really would like these feats in Retro, so do i, but it just isn't possible to make it happen. I hope i gave you a better image of how Legacy and Retro are different from each other and what makes them different from each other. Just get hyped for Legacy my dude!  ;)

harchase

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 07:06:49 PM »
will there be a demo for FusionFall Legacy?

Retron90

• "There's no mistakes, just Happy Accidents" Bob R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 07:13:37 PM »
There was gonna be with content I believe Devan thought was really cool stuff but they decided to cancel it and replace it with FusionFall Retro. But looking at how Retro had a Tutorial Demo, I wouldn't see it too far out of the picture. And like I said, Devan did really like the content that was in it so it wouldn't it be surprising if he wanted to implement that into a new demo.

Sonic94

• Can we plz forget my cringe debut in the forums?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
There was gonna be with content I believe Devan thought was really cool stuff but they decided to cancel it and replace it with FusionFall Retro. But looking at how Retro had a Tutorial Demo, I wouldn't see it too far out of the picture. And like I said, Devan did really like the content that was in it so it wouldn't it be surprising if he wanted to implement that into a new demo.
Are they going to take a similar approach to Legacy's beta though? I think it would be a lot easier than the Retro beta.

Rodita

• " What a beautiful day for science! "
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 09:09:54 PM »
Like They Said a Long Time Ago...
"You just can beat Fuse alone! You need cover! You need everyone they can fight! You need a team!"

Ambfibia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
The thing is... they can't import models into Retro. The non 36 nanos can't be added at all because in the system that Retro is using currently is basically like: 1 nano = 1 level. I get what you are trying to say but it sadly won't work out. I really want the unused nanos in Retro aswell but it just isn't possible because they are also not complete. Not complete as in: They are missing voice clips/animations/coding/etc. Legacy isn't just for adding new franchises. Like the devs mentioned earlier: Legacy's goal rn is to completely seperate it from Retro while still being a Fusionfall game. They also said if you really like Retro then they are not sure if you are gonna like Legacy because of how different they are. Legacy is a reimagined version of fusionfall, there are no connections between Legacy and Retro when it comes to lore. I know you really would like these feats in Retro, so do i, but it just isn't possible to make it happen. I hope i gave you a better image of how Legacy and Retro are different from each other and what makes them different from each other. Just get hyped for Legacy my dude!  ;)
Why can not? they added a small piece of location and  Bubbie (I donít remember it in the original game) for the event and they have plans to add new nps, which were planned by the original development team, do not you think that for them such elements are animation, voice acting, etc. may be missing? Once there was say that retro and legacy are two different games, and legacy will not be a substitute, having exhausted the game archives, developers will have to think about add new franchises.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
Why can not? they added a small piece of location and  Bubbie (I donít remember it in the original game) for the event and they have plans to add new nps, which were planned by the original development team, do not you think that for them such elements are animation, voice acting, etc. may be missing? Once there was say that retro and legacy are two different games, and legacy will not be a substitute, having exhausted the game archives, developers will have to think about add new franchises.
They can certainly expand Retro as much as they want, but right now everything they're doing seems to revolve around things that were already set in motion and stopped at some point, primarily out of their respect for the work of the original dev team. Retro is a continuation, but Legacy is where the new franchises will come out.

Ambfibia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
They can certainly expand Retro as much as they want, but right now everything they're doing seems to revolve around things that were already set in motion and stopped at some point, primarily out of their respect for the work of the original dev team. Retro is a continuation, but Legacy is where the new franchises will come out.
It seems to me that retro is a game where old mechanics are preserved, that is they are going to make it according to the original ideas of the developers and therefore the question arises: if the original developers were engaged in FF, would they like to add new cartoons to the universe? In my opinion, yes, because FF is more than a game, it is the world of childhood, which helps us to be shoulder to shoulder with our favorite characters CN

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2019, 03:22:10 PM »
I think you're misunderstanding how Retro works. They haven't 'made' anything in Retro, but more retrieved the original pieces and put it back together. So these updates are more them refurbishing what they can find to be re-introduced as appropriate. Adding new shows etc. would require making those assets from scratch, which is what Legacy is all about.

Ambfibia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 04:17:24 PM »
I think you're misunderstanding how Retro works. They haven't 'made' anything in Retro, but more retrieved the original pieces and put it back together. So these updates are more them refurbishing what they can find to be re-introduced as appropriate. Adding new shows etc. would require making those assets from scratch, which is what Legacy is all about.
Why not just import files from Legacy to retro?

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 04:32:23 PM »
Why not just import files from Legacy to retro?
Retro is an older build of the game. The files are incompatible. They would have to make those models twice.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.