Author Topic: FusionFall Retro - An In-depth Explanation for Permanent Updates  (Read 11384 times)

Crystal_Ranger_Danny

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FusionFall Retro - An In-depth Explanation for Permanent Updates
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »
I think you're misunderstanding how Retro works. They haven't 'made' anything in Retro, but more retrieved the original pieces and put it back together. So these updates are more them refurbishing what they can find to be re-introduced as appropriate. Adding new shows etc. would require making those assets from scratch, which is what Legacy is all about.
Why not just import files from Legacy to retro?
They can't, what i heard is that the script or codes are so old that they have to do everything by coding/writing stuff. (btw new textures count as codes as well, since they can import the new ones/replace the old one by transfering those specific codes. Im thinking about Hex Coding but eh who knows, my coding experience all comes from smash bros brawl gecko coding.)

Mega4500

• FusionFall Youtuber (mostly). IGN: Plants 10000
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 04:57:53 PM »
Wow didnt know this was open. Nice.

I dont mind extra content added to Retro. In fact i encourage it, since from the beginning i knew Retro would become stagnant had there not been any more content updates after the game´s release. I love how you all managed to put Draculas´ Legacy missions to Retro, even keeping the same names and area where he was supposed to be located.

Im really excited for the future, and cant wait to see more!

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »
I think you're misunderstanding how Retro works. They haven't 'made' anything in Retro, but more retrieved the original pieces and put it back together. So these updates are more them refurbishing what they can find to be re-introduced as appropriate. Adding new shows etc. would require making those assets from scratch, which is what Legacy is all about.
Why not just import files from Legacy to retro?

Because doing that would defeat the point of both projects.

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 05:23:57 PM »
Could you elaborate on the shift in game genre? Exactly how different is Legacy going to be in that regard?

Ambfibia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 11:42:53 PM »
Do not Legacy and retro are made on the same engine?

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 11:54:40 PM »
Do not Legacy and retro are made on the same engine?
Same engine, almost a decade apart. Things are super different.

electricfence

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »
well honestly what I would do in terms of making retro stay "fresh" for a little while longer is just find those characters that had a nano AND an NPC and just add those characters in as later level missions. Examples being Finn, Flapjack, Chowder, Generator Rex. This could be a compromise as to not have to add in the academy.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2019, 12:44:48 PM »
well honestly what I would do in terms of making retro stay "fresh" for a little while longer is just find those characters that had a nano AND an NPC and just add those characters in as later level missions. Examples being Finn, Flapjack, Chowder, Generator Rex. This could be a compromise as to not have to add in the academy.
That’s exactly what they’re doing.

buzinsky

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2019, 09:04:12 PM »
Hey quick question though, is there going to be any other version of Fusionfall that has everything past the 2011 updates. I only started playing past the update so, just wondering.

Crystal_Ranger_Danny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2019, 09:16:32 PM »
Hey quick question though, is there going to be any other version of Fusionfall that has everything past the 2011 updates. I only started playing past the update so, just wondering.
sadly, no. Retro will have everything that happened before the academy appeared. Legacy will have the null void, the new and unreleased nanos, items and way more. So stay tuned!  ;)

Ribbles

• sometimes you play the game sometimes it plays you
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »
I would definitely love to see more content to be added in retro, I like the focus on late game content as well. As far as legacy content goes, I really would like the great machine to have a much more important role in it. I feel it was really underused n the original game.

Bouncer15111

• IGN: Proto Jones & Rex Marksley
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2019, 09:37:01 AM »
As for inclusion of The Academy and Adventures, I'm all for Adventures since they seem like they're more-or-less just adding things without taking them away (granted, maybe fixing it so the Adventure Time one doesn't start at level 4). As for The Academy, I'm partial. If there's a way to implement parts of it without taking out the Future tutorial, then go right ahead. The Academy areas were pretty cool.

After I finish typing this, I realize Devan never mentioned The Academy or Adventures in the original post, but I like to think my point still stands lol

LyricalBlaine

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2019, 05:44:07 PM »
Blainy likey. Blainy approve.

smikes01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2019, 06:49:37 PM »
yall rock!

InfinitePotato

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
So when can we expect Retro to not be stuck at level 4? I finished the beta in a few hours and since then lost interest as there is nothing else to do... the last post I can find was from 2 years ago saying levels 5-36 would be available soon.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.