Author Topic: Retro Name Change.  (Read 454 times)

Crystal_Ranger_Danny

• View Profile
    • Email
Retro Name Change.
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:22:13 PM »
As of the latest information we have got about Retro, wouldn't it be smart to change the name as well?
It CLEARLY doesn't life up to it's name anymore and since the epic website overhaul it would be better and cooler if they actually changed the name too. I don't know how to make this point any more clear, it would be nice to hear the opinions of you wonderful people around here as well!  :)

Retron90

• "There's no mistakes, just Happy Accidents" Bob R.
    • View Profile
Re: Retro Name Change.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 08:51:23 PM »
Although Devan has said Legacy might have a name change, Retro might not. Retro is still a tribute to the original game and the devs original plans. Retro is still a much fitting name for the game. All of the content we've seen so far are spins on unimplemented or undeveloped ideas or direct embodiments of unimplemented ideas.

Though if the name were to be changed.

FusionFall Legacy might fit if they also change FusionFall Legacy.

FusionFall Re:Fused would also be cool but that might more fit Legacy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:59:09 PM by Retron90 »

Narutopins100

• Hi
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 09:11:19 PM »
I agree with you I think they should change FusionFall Retro name to FusionFall Legacy since FusionFall Retro is technically still the old game just with minor updates and stuff.

Retron90

• "There's no mistakes, just Happy Accidents" Bob R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:21:18 PM »
I agree with you I think they should change FusionFall Retro name to FusionFall Legacy since FusionFall Retro is technically still the old game just with minor updates and stuff.

Yeah, but what would Legacy be called. Devan had shown interest in changing the name but I don't believe he's actually given any examples of potential names.

FusionFall Re:Fused
FusionFall Universe
FusionFall Infinite
FusionFall Forever
FusionFall Resurged
FusionFall Resurgence
FusionFall Aperion (It means Infinite)
FusionFall Galaxy (... wait a minut-)
FusionFall Galaxies (... wait another minu-)
FusionFall Resurrection (... wai-)
Project: ReFused
Project: Revive/Project: R (.... WAIT A-)
Project: Fusion Fighters

These are some names I came up with.

P1zj01ZpucERRoR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 01:39:10 AM »
Yeah, thanks for creating this thread, forgot I asked you to, lol. However, may I first just start off thanking Devan for putting out a very informative post and explaining the future of the game, this clears up alot of my questions and foggy understandings of where exactly this game was headed. However,

Retro

imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past.
  "retro 60s fashions"
   synonyms:   in period style, period, nostalgic, evocative, of yesteryear, olde worlde;

While it is true that it is a tribute to the original game, all this ever was supposed to be, was a snapshot in time of the original game, and how veteran players, who're now adults, remember it. Overtime however, with all these new updates, this changes the whole snapshot story, I love how we are finally getting the newer content, as I was a avid fan of it all back in 2011, the point is, the game, while it may still have the future aspect and original game mechanics (please bring back dashing and gliding, it was so useful) having new content, it really serves no other purpose to be called Retro anymore, is this the original game? Yes, however, what happened with the whole fallout of Grigon and CN having to take over and struggle to pump out updates to the game, the Cartoon Network Games team had no clue how to really code much of the game, or have any clue where and when the assets for the Academy would be used, I'm not saying bring back the Academy as a tutorial, however, I truly do hope that Devan and the others know of the original plans for what the Academy would be for (Also, hey Devan, if you could, mind dropping details on their original intentions?). This game is changing, and fast, but its for the better, because with new and fitting content updates, it keeps us coming back for more.

Also, I really do like the idea of FusionFall Resurged (or Resurgence), it has a powerful meaning and could really knock out the blandness of using terms like Club Penguin and Toon Town are using (Rewritten, reborn, regenerated). Point is though, there is really no reason to title this game Retro, or that its a full on classic version, the only thing that really stays the same here, is the games story genre.

Oh also, can we get those newer code nanos, but probably actually implemented with some missions?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:42:33 AM by P1zj01ZpucERRoR »

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 04:32:37 AM »
I'll be honest, I REALLY wish we had stuck this with the original Legacy name, first and foremost because Legacy's original goal really is what Retro has become, but also because, in regards to computing, legacy literally refers to older or deprecated things, which fits the bill for Retro much better. We've had discussions internally about at least changing Legacy's name, but nothing's stuck super well just yet. It also would feel kind of strange to announce such a thing while we're developing in the dark.

The one big thing I want to avoid is even more confusion. As it is, people are confused about what Retro is, what Legacy is, which one is which, etc.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:06 AM »
I'll be honest, I REALLY wish we had stuck this with the original Legacy name, first and foremost because Legacy's original goal really is what Retro has become, but also because, in regards to computing, legacy literally refers to older or deprecated things, which fits the bill for Retro much better.

This is the point I was going to make. It's understandable, but it's kinda annoying to realise now. I think it's too late now to transfer the Legacy name over, so I'd suggest that if there is a name change at all, it's best to change both of them completely to avoid the confusion from having them already ingrained in most people's minds as this and that. I'd also wait until both projects go public again and release a similar rebranding video to when they were initially announced.

Since we're putting names out there, I kinda like the idea of using a term that's dated but nostalgic for this project. So something 'FusionFall: Old Skool' or 'FusionFall: Rewind' to refer to the VHS tapes that were popular when a lot of the cartoons were at their height. For Legacy, I do quite like 'FusionFall: Reborn' even if it's a little cliché. Otherwise, of the top of my head something like 'FusionFall: New Rules' to complement 'FFOS' or single words like 'FusionFall Returns', 'FusionFall Evolved', 'FusionFall Expanded', 'FusionFall Uncut' to make reference to how you're taking the original idea and pushing it even further.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 07:24:51 AM »
FusionFall: The Grigon Cut

Pistol_SpaceAir

• Animation - Web Design - Phone repair
    • View Profile
    • VidLii
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 10:32:01 AM »

Poppleworks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 01:08:37 PM »
FusionFall: The Grigon Cut

Perfect.
And then Legacy becomes Project: Revive and the whole thing comes full circle.

Shirouluffy19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 02:46:39 PM »
omg the names are making me cringe.

Poppleworks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »
Just spitballing. Geez.

InfinitePossibilities

• It costed everything.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 03:11:16 PM »
FusionFall: Resurrect 'Em

Sonic94

• unintentionally upsetting ppl in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 04:09:08 PM »
It's a joke bruh, calm down.

Crystal_Ranger_Danny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 04:26:32 PM »
It's a joke bruh, calm down.
there is nothing wrong with something making someone cringe...

anyway
Rip name change tho, it very understandable though.

Thanks guys for your thoughts about this certain topic, i really liked a few names btw.
One thing tho, i see people making super long names which kinda reminds me of how kingdom hearts makes its game names. Just another word next to Fusionfall would be max if you ask me.

Also one more thing.

Who the heck remembers FusionFall Warped?

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.