Author Topic: It's sad that Jimmy Neutron is seen more as a meme now  (Read 349 times)

KingKRool

• Prince Zuko's left eye
    • View Profile
    • Email
It's sad that Jimmy Neutron is seen more as a meme now
« on: March 03, 2019, 05:25:09 PM »
I understand that the show looks a little dated now (personally I still think it doesn't look bad) but it's still a very good show. I think people seem to forget that at one point Jimmy Neutron was one of the most popular shows on Nickelodeon and even had his own ride at Universal Studios.

I can't say too much about the movie though, that movie is not as good as I remember it being.

wolfywolf12

• Baa Baa Rasputin llama of the Russian queen.
    • View Profile
Re: It's sad that Jimmy Neutron is seen more as a meme now
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »
Is it? IMHO it's good that it's even getting a little recognition, I mean would you rather have a meme of carl and french pastry or a fullblown reboot that makes jimmy a non-neurotyptical gender neutral weirdo who everyone likes and has no adventures or violence what so ever.

NOTE: "Non-neurotyptical gender neutral weido" isn't a slight against anyone belong to thsese groups. It's a slight against the PC-ness of modern cartoons and media.

No_Username_Found

• cool kid club
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 12:47:46 AM »
I thought Jimmy Neutron was an awful show, no offense, and I feel that it deserves the mockery that it gets.

wolfywolf12

• Baa Baa Rasputin llama of the Russian queen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 01:10:05 AM »
I thought Jimmy Neutron was an awful show, no offense, and I feel that it deserves the mockery that it gets.

I don't think the memes are so much a mockery as they are an homage. And I'll grant you some episodes were terrible and very boring.

Also I think your statement belongs in the unpopular opinion thread.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.