Author Topic: 📉State of the Economy: Rodney, Bandito, Items vs Taros, Mysterious Vendors📈  (Read 4863 times)

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Economy of the Game
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 12:20:19 PM »
The Big Chill Wing price hike reminds me of the original game's Mock Five Helmet issue. This is a common accessory that the devs forgot to put in the Peach Creek Egger when they shifted from accessory vendor to Egger. Someone (conveniently with a few Mock 5 Helmets) noticed that you couldn't get them anymore and spread his gospel that it was one of the rarest items in the game. It took a while, but after selling em for TONS of cash and items, it DID become one of the most valuable items in the game.

I guess it's just interesting to see that one or two people mass hoarding an item can spell enough fear into people that actual value is totally skewed. I wonder if we could (or should) publish statistics for some of the rarest items in the game, how many people have em, most traded items, etc. and see how silly it all looks in the grand scheme.

Housamo_Harem

• I really think Fuse is an Imaginary friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 01:09:17 PM »
I guess it's just interesting to see that one or two people mass hoarding an item can spell enough fear into people that actual value is totally skewed. I wonder if we could (or should) publish statistics for some of the rarest items in the game, how many people have em, most traded items, etc. and see how silly it all looks in the grand scheme.

I know it would be a big workload for the devs but can't we do it ?, that way the community can have a say on the items prices and how it really affect the game trading system.  :D

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2019, 02:10:25 AM »
The Big Chill Wing price hike reminds me of the original game's Mock Five Helmet issue. This is a common accessory that the devs forgot to put in the Peach Creek Egger when they shifted from accessory vendor to Egger. Someone (conveniently with a few Mock 5 Helmets) noticed that you couldn't get them anymore and spread his gospel that it was one of the rarest items in the game. It took a while, but after selling em for TONS of cash and items, it DID become one of the most valuable items in the game.

Yeah, we definitely absolutely 100% need that.

There's no official statistics of supply and demand. The next best option is probably getting data from the top traders and grinders in the game.

I'm going to rename this "State of the Economy" as seen on my item and price guide.

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2019, 10:10:42 AM »
This basically explains why itís rare, but I think its crazy value comes from a couple of players basically hoarding what little the market had.
Couple of Players
Basically the entirety of the Goon Squad community and some others that we may not know about yet.

It honestly feels bad that these awesome wings (and a bunch of other items) are super expensive thanks to these guys. I would absolutely love if the devs placed the Wings, and by extension many other event items, into the regular drop pools of items, or re-release them sometime later. Maybe in some sort of event where its recounting the past events?

FINALLY !!!, Someone said it ^, It get's too annoying if you just step out from a S.K.A.M.P.E.R and then someone would you ask you if you have Big Chill Wings  >:(

If only we could Make event Items Untradable  :(
Yeah. Theres quite a few people (one which i know from memory called Mike The God or something like that) who would just randomly trade people, without asking, without advertising at times, just to look for Big Chill Wings. When i talked to him about not doing that, he said that "i dont see the problem", and when i told him that it was just rude, he said something like "i really dont care" or something like that.

When people are around a new event area, or theres alot of people period, you will always see one guy, probably with devil wings, blindfold and sombrero, asking for Big Chill Wings, even though like 99.8% of the people there dont care and are just there for the event, not to trade your already overrated item.

Heck i cant even wear my own pair of Chill Wings simply because at times people bombard me with trade requests or ask me to sell them. It gets really annoying.

I see why they would make event items tradable, so that you can trade them sell them etc, but i think it would have been better if they were added permanently as drops or re-released periodically so that the prices dont get saturated.

TL;DR: Tons of people (mainly those from Goon Squad who at this point i despise) just want chill wings. I think we should have tradable event items, but they should also be added into the drop tables or re-released periodically.

I remember a similar issue with the Goop UFO, I could barely even wear mine without people spamming me for it. And I don't understand why people seem to stockpile the same items. I've seen somebody (not naming names but you probably all know) standing at the hyper fusionfly spawn almost constantly, and trading for fusebreaker hurricane constantly. They must have dozens of every S/S+ tier item by now, what's the point? What exactly is the endgame there?

It also bothers me how only a handful of people seem to dictate the price of things. I mean, if they wanted to they could just pull a figure out of their rears and people would buy it. I know someone said we can disagree and go with our own prices but let's be honest, if we were to charge more for items or ask to get something for less, then we're going to look greedy, overpriced or in the worst case, people will call us out to be scammers, so from my point of view, we're kind of stuck with it regardless.

steckaa

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 📉State of the Economy📈
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
On a separate note buying event exclusive stuff isnt too rewarding for me. Its either grind for more taros to get, or buy it and then events done. Just not too sustainable of an event progression and it causes  taros to be tossed left and right.

Shirouluffy19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2019, 12:23:39 PM »
They should just make Fuse Breaker Hurricane worthless. Like making A? Cause when you have all ultra rare items in your bank, it will become worthless.

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2019, 12:36:03 PM »
They should just make Fuse Breaker Hurricane worthless. Like making A? Cause when you have all ultra rare items in your bank, it will become worthless.

I don't think the hurricane should even be tradable. It's the reward for beating Fuse and basically the game. It should be earned, not bought.

Shirouluffy19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2019, 12:39:43 PM »

I don't think the hurricane should even be tradable. It's the reward for beating Fuse and basically the game. It should be earned, not bought.
Good idea, make it not tradable. It's the best way to make the value up and not down, so people couldn't waste their time asking for it to be tradable again.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 02:55:57 PM »
I have nowhere near enough knowledge to share my view with confidence, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone corrects me and helps me learn.

As a very casual player (as in, only has time to jump in for a couple of hours once a week), one problem I've had is in the accessibility of items. Newly released items have either been too readily available for too long (e.g. Birthday Bash, which was borderline gluttonous in how easy it was to get everything), or locked behind a wall of pricing/timing that basically requires me to spend more time than I have to acquire (e.g. it will take me way too long to afford the Mysterious Vendor's prices for those items to be a realistic option for me to aim for).

Now of course, the obvious solution is that I just need to spend more time playing the game if I want a chance at these items. However, just by observation I think the biggest thing that sets apart the hoarders from everyone else is that they have more time to spend hoarding - so new items need to challenge that factor to even things out.

Bosses is one solution I think that will pay off when they've all been introduced and the hype has calmed down, but I do think some changes to them might help. For one, I think at some point, multiple bosses should be introduced at once to divide the competition rather than have everyone rush to camp the same spot. For another, it may be worth thinking about changing how bosses drop in that they aren't guaranteed to drop an exclusive item - this limits the supply even further and makes it harder to hoard (but then it also racks up prices so I may have got that completely wrong...).

The other solution I think is introducing more new items quietly, of various rarity, and spread over the levels, such as the Mayor's Top Hat. It refreshes the grind, because one issue that I think is exclusive to this kind of game is that players from the original game carried over an preexisting idea of what is valuable and what isn't (and knowledge of where its dropped if that wasn't changed), so it almost became an incentive to hoard ASAP because they already new where the demand was going to be.

machinakaiser

• IGN: Alpha Zeroverse; Machina Blau
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
I have nowhere near enough knowledge to share my view with confidence, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone corrects me and helps me learn.

As a very casual player (as in, only has time to jump in for a couple of hours once a week), one problem I've had is in the accessibility of items. Newly released items have either been too readily available for too long (e.g. Birthday Bash, which was borderline gluttonous in how easy it was to get everything), or locked behind a wall of pricing/timing that basically requires me to spend more time than I have to acquire (e.g. it will take me way too long to afford the Mysterious Vendor's prices for those items to be a realistic option for me to aim for).

Now of course, the obvious solution is that I just need to spend more time playing the game if I want a chance at these items. However, just by observation I think the biggest thing that sets apart the hoarders from everyone else is that they have more time to spend hoarding - so new items need to challenge that factor to even things out.

Bosses is one solution I think that will pay off when they've all been introduced and the hype has calmed down, but I do think some changes to them might help. For one, I think at some point, multiple bosses should be introduced at once to divide the competition rather than have everyone rush to camp the same spot. For another, it may be worth thinking about changing how bosses drop in that they aren't guaranteed to drop an exclusive item - this limits the supply even further and makes it harder to hoard (but then it also racks up prices so I may have got that completely wrong...).

The other solution I think is introducing more new items quietly, of various rarity, and spread over the levels, such as the Mayor's Top Hat. It refreshes the grind, because one issue that I think is exclusive to this kind of game is that players from the original game carried over an preexisting idea of what is valuable and what isn't (and knowledge of where its dropped if that wasn't changed), so it almost became an incentive to hoard ASAP because they already new where the demand was going to be.

Everything you have mentioned was fine. There are certain factors to each person's view point and can be manipulated based on perspective.

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2019, 09:17:18 PM »
This basically explains why itís rare, but I think its crazy value comes from a couple of players basically hoarding what little the market had.
Couple of Players
Basically the entirety of the Goon Squad community and some others that we may not know about yet.

It honestly feels bad that these awesome wings (and a bunch of other items) are super expensive thanks to these guys. I would absolutely love if the devs placed the Wings, and by extension many other event items, into the regular drop pools of items, or re-release them sometime later. Maybe in some sort of event where its recounting the past events?

FINALLY !!!, Someone said it ^, It get's too annoying if you just step out from a S.K.A.M.P.E.R and then someone would you ask you if you have Big Chill Wings  >:(

If only we could Make event Items Untradable  :(
Yeah. Theres quite a few people (one which i know from memory called Mike The God or something like that) who would just randomly trade people, without asking, without advertising at times, just to look for Big Chill Wings. When i talked to him about not doing that, he said that "i dont see the problem", and when i told him that it was just rude, he said something like "i really dont care" or something like that.

When people are around a new event area, or theres alot of people period, you will always see one guy, probably with devil wings, blindfold and sombrero, asking for Big Chill Wings, even though like 99.8% of the people there dont care and are just there for the event, not to trade your already overrated item.

Heck i cant even wear my own pair of Chill Wings simply because at times people bombard me with trade requests or ask me to sell them. It gets really annoying.

I see why they would make event items tradable, so that you can trade them sell them etc, but i think it would have been better if they were added permanently as drops or re-released periodically so that the prices dont get saturated.

TL;DR: Tons of people (mainly those from Goon Squad who at this point i despise) just want chill wings. I think we should have tradable event items, but they should also be added into the drop tables or re-released periodically.

I remember a similar issue with the Goop UFO, I could barely even wear mine without people spamming me for it. And I don't understand why people seem to stockpile the same items. I've seen somebody (not naming names but you probably all know) standing at the hyper fusionfly spawn almost constantly, and trading for fusebreaker hurricane constantly. They must have dozens of every S/S+ tier item by now, what's the point? What exactly is the endgame there?

It also bothers me how only a handful of people seem to dictate the price of things. I mean, if they wanted to they could just pull a figure out of their rears and people would buy it. I know someone said we can disagree and go with our own prices but let's be honest, if we were to charge more for items or ask to get something for less, then we're going to look greedy, overpriced or in the worst case, people will call us out to be scammers, so from my point of view, we're kind of stuck with it regardless.

A minority of people are stockpiling the same items as an investment towards their overall item net worth. During the original, Jersey Devil Wings became the most expensive backpack accessory in the game because it was only available during the Birthday Bash until this one person hacked a vendor, purchased a bunch of them on mass, and gave them away for free plumetting their market value. Outside of the hacking, the same logic can be applied with event items. When the event is over, they will very likely never come back.

I actually know the person you're referencing. I'm good friends with him. He's the richest person in the game. I've talked to him about it and asked why he keeps collecting dupes upon dupes and not just 1x to 4x of each, and he stated he does it because there's nothing else to do outside of trading and collecting. In a way, I see his point. You would be surprised how many Fusebreakers he has.

You don't have to follow the prices of these items. There's more than 15 people discussing behind-the-scenes on what the prices should be. There's no official statistics on the overall supply and demand, so the next thing is to probably have a group of the top traders and grinders in the game and collectively decide what those prices should be. It's far from perfect; however, it's the best scenario we can have. It's this group of 15+ people who helped popularize the item tier list. We're not pulling these taros values out of our behind. There's a reason why a lot of people are using the price guides. If we make it too high, obviously, no one will use them.

Regarding the value of the Fusebreaker Hurricane, it probably should be untradable. As much as I'm friends with the person you've stated, it's the final item you receive when you finish the campaign. It's the award you receive from the dozens and dozens of hours you've done. It's like a trophy. I personally don't like how some people are severely ripping others off from this item. It probably should be untradable. And there needs to be a grindable level 36 ultra rare shattergun.

Pistol_SpaceAir

• A FashionFaller who also fixes computers
    • View Profile
    • VidLii
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 09:24:32 PM »
Wow, lemme just say, I came into this thread expecting to be bored out of my mind. But I just got sucked into it.

I definitely know who those hoarders are. Heck one of them threw me into a mental breakdown when I was in a bit of a bad spot a few weeks ago. Anyway, I do agree it's a bit ridiculous that these morons are begging at other uninformed players feet for their items. It's kinda screwed up. Since you can ever really get these items once and its a one and done. Once that scalper takes your precious items, good luck finding another copy. This happened to my Big Chill wings, whom I was able to buy another pair of from my good friend Admiral Embardragon. The point is. Follow at least one of the suggestions these other forumers posted. For the sake of our sanity.

machinakaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2019, 10:04:02 PM »

You don't have to follow the prices of these items. There's more than 15 people discussing behind-the-scenes on what the prices should be. There's no official statistics on the overall supply and demand, so the next thing is to probably have a group of the top traders and grinders in the game and collectively decide what those prices should be. It's far from perfect; however, it's the best scenario we can have. It's this group of 15+ people who helped popularize the item tier list. We're not pulling these taros values out of our behind. There's a reason why a lot of people are using the price guides. If we make it too high, obviously, no one will use them.

The issue is that as a influencer you have that kind of power to make it a standard. There is admitted a lot of flawed logic in the system. Some of the people you picked aren't on the trade forums who trying daily to make trades. Honestly, we were better off not having a price guide as you have to back it up with statistical evidence from the community than a handful of people. Tier system was fine as that is easier to adjust than a price guide, which has to be maintained 24/7.

The Item Guide is a really solid piece to use as a player looking for items and everyone who uses it thanks you for it. New players definitely look at it as a starting place for the Collectible MMO, however it easily manipulates new players and forces the old players to follow the standard that wasn't by choice.

ChampDF

• Big Hat Guy
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 10:24:44 PM »
Alrighty y'all convinced me, I'll update the Tier List. Just give me about a week or two. So feel free to send me any and all of your opinions and information about items, their prices, rarity, etc... For this to work, I need the community to actually help me this time around.

machinakaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »
Alrighty y'all convinced me, I'll update the Tier List. Just give me about a week or two. So feel free to send me any and all of your opinions and information about items, their prices, rarity, etc... For this to work, I need the community to actually help me this time around.

If you want a suggestion now, I would make two tier lists. One for grindable rares and the other for event rares. Both of them are in their own league, but its super odd that some Event rares are as valued as grindable ones which take time.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.