Author Topic: 📉State of the Economy: Rodney, Bandito, Items vs Taros, Mysterious Vendors📈  (Read 4845 times)

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
The prices will fall; however, it will not fall yet. It will fall once the next grindable items are introduced. If there are no new grindable item(s) in the next update, they will still fall.

This will not be a significant fall. At the very most, they will fall by 15%.

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
If anyone has information on how much the Rojo and Frogman sets cost, please post here. The Rage Roadkiller has the most ambitious drop pool out of the world bosses.

It has the most items which are 28 items. In contrast, a monster such as Shipwrecker only has 17 items. The possibilty of duplicates are high. It only spawns every 50 minutes, and the area is crowded by Motorillas.

If anyone can give data on the current value of these sets, please let me know.

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Re: 📉SoE📈 Value on Frogman and Rojo Sets
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
Regarding the state of the economy, racing items are obviously high demand.
Regarding the further decline of players outside of this update and the fact that almost every level 36 has every item they need, I am considering of removing the price guide for all items on the item document outside of racing gear.

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Re: 📉State of Economy: Racing Gear📈
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2019, 07:50:29 AM »
If anyone has any input on the value of racing items, please state them. The more responses, the merrier.

Regarding the value of many event items that are now racing items, many of them will receive the near death penalty and have their prices significantly lowered.

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Re: 📉State of Economy: Halloween & Inflation��
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2019, 10:08:08 PM »
I'm making this thread, so we can discuss the economy of the game.

With the Halloween update out, these Pumpkin Spawns are making everyone rich. Or is it?

Pumpkin Spawns drop 100 taros each. If you use bonus gumball, they drop 124 taros each.

If you want to complete the Halloween mission, you'll need to defeat 3,000 of these mobs.

3,000 pumpkin spawns * 100 taros/kill = 300,000 taros

There's also the world mission that drops an additional 100,000 taros.

Provided you do the absolute minimum of this event by doing the mission, you will earn 400,000 taros.

There are hundreds of players grinding there at once. Some of them will continue grinding because it's a fantastic way to earn taros.

I'm happy that everyone is going to be 400,000 taros rich; however, this will affect the economy. It's not that significant of an inflation.

According to the World Nank, an acceptable rate of annual inflation is around 2%. Even if we doubled or tripled the prices such as the Solomon Hat somewhat valued around 350,000 taros, it's not that significant of a change.

2% - + 7000
4% + 14,000
6% + 21,000

A standard ultra rare of 50k
2% + 1,000
4% + 2,000
6% + 6,000

There's no need to update the Universal Item Guide price guide.

If we're talking about hyperinflation, according to Investopedia, "hyperinflation occurs when prices have risen by more than 50% per month over a period of time."

Solomon Hat + 50% hyperinflation = 175,000 more = 525,000 taros
Standard Ultra Rare + 50% hyperinflation = 25,000 more = 75,000 taros

There's definitely inflation going on right now, but the question is: Is it normal inflation or hyperinflation? If it's normal inflation, there's no need to dramatically change the universal item guide.

Outside of this, there's also a massive RIP to the Fusion Wraith set. Former value was around 600,000 taros making it the most expensive set in the game. Now, it's not. :(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:12:12 PM by InfinitePossibilities »

BeauBauer

• Original FF Beta tester. Yep, I'm that old. UGH!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Economy of the Game
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2019, 08:14:12 AM »
Can somebody please explain how the Big Chill wings got to be so dang rare?
Their rare now? COOL!!!!! I've got a couple of them in my inventory from awhile back and can probably make some extra taros by selling them. Knowing me though I'll probably just give them away for free when I feel the time is right. :)

blasts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2019, 11:44:08 AM »
<<Disrespectful>>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 06:44:41 PM by StevieB219 »

Slavin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2019, 01:26:57 PM »
<<Disrespectful>>
<<Disrespectful>>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 06:44:51 PM by StevieB219 »

Sonic94

• unintentionally upsetting ppl in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2019, 01:20:33 AM »
Their rare now? COOL!!!!! I've got a couple of them in my inventory from awhile back and can probably make some extra taros by selling them. Knowing me though I'll probably just give them away for free when I feel the time is right. :)
Uh you're a little late buddy. They're not rare anymore. Although if I had to guess what the next S-Tier item was, it would probably be the Gem Scythe.

Indes

• View Profile
Re: 📉State of Economy: Halloween & Inflation📈
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2019, 03:24:28 AM »
In my opinion the 3000 kill pumpkin should be among the top tier. One per character , takes 2+ Hours worth of consistent grinding and leaves forever at the end of the event (7-8 days time).

Definitely  up there as the top of the top.

TheBigBoss999

• Yeah, I'd like a Cheese Nano.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2019, 12:00:17 PM »

I have a lot to say about this.

My point of view may be different from others, so please try to adjust and understand. I'm the kind of player who has no other real-life friends who play Fusionfall Retro. So all the friends I have in the game are purely just from the game itself for me. So I usually just do missions and grind once in a while.

Since the game began, I had no interest in buying items from other players because I didn't really care for it, but after I crossed level 24 or so I found that Mt. Blackhead was kind of a hub, so I started hanging out there a bit more often, and bought a little stuff. Before the Halloween update, including most of my expenditure (90% accurate) I had about 1 million taros, with 600k currently with me.

3 days after the update has released - I have never seen so many people in one place in my life in this game - not even at Przzyfied's finale which I missed because of school. And I discover the apparent value of ultra-rare limited edition items. But the most relevant thing is that I've grinded so much that I earned 2.2 million in these past 3 days alone (including the mission and selling items worth 250k in total).

This apparent increase in money means less in the game than in real life because the vendors in the game cannot increase their prices. DX Hoverboards will stay at 50k and chances are most players won't increase their prices for items. So this huge taro increase may not crash the economy like in real life, so I don't think it's bad.

On an unrelated note, I want to compile a list of items that are very sought-after in this update. I don't have some of them too, but since we all have a lot of taros anyone who's gonna sell it is a potential source. And all ultra-rare items don't count because stuff like the spooky cape and the fusion wraith set are dropping more frequently than common items.

List of cool items:
Black-coloured Soulo Mask
Steven Universe Pumpkin Hat (I still don't have this one, got all others luckily)
Bat Swarm
Hat you get after completing the mission
Scooby tail
Gem Rejuvenator Scythe
Resurrect Tokens
Black Hat's Top Hat

So yeah, that's my take. Taro inflation is MASSIVE and about 6 months later when I need money I'll sell dupes of these items for money or something. I have no interest in wearing them because I also want stats as well as style, and as I'll have to beat Fuse soon (lvl 34 atm) I'll wear the Forever King set that I have. If there's anything else anyone wants to add please do so. Thanks!

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2019, 03:47:38 AM »
Uh you're a little late buddy. They're not rare anymore. Although if I had to guess what the next S-Tier item was, it would probably be the Gem Scythe.

Yeah, they're no longer rare nor expensive. It's the complete opposite. They have been given the designated value of worthless or 5k. Their peak value was more than a million taros.

If you're interested in knowing why it was incredibly expensive, it's because of the 2018 Halloween event. When this event happened, almost all of the event items were not tradable. Big Chill Wings were part of the untradables. This created no incentive to mass hoard these items. However, shortly after the Halloween event, these items finally became tradable.

Around January and February of this year, an indivdual under the alias Mike The God as well as Goon Squad managed to successfully make a monopoly of these Big Chill Wings. They did this by mass hoarding all of these wings and paying ridiculous prices and gear for them. Eventually, a large chunk of these wings were in the hands of this group with some individuals having an entire bank full and inventory of these wings, it's enough to tank its economy.

In other words,
- Untradable -> no incentive to mass hoard
- A group of people mass hoarding them and paying for ridiculous gear and prices

Now, with the Ben 10 update, Mega Fusion Echo Echo drops these wings like candy. As a result, their value is now considered near worthless.

In my opinion the 3000 kill pumpkin should be among the top tier. One per character , takes 2+ Hours worth of consistent grinding and leaves forever at the end of the event (7-8 days time).

Definitely  up there as the top of the top.
Yeah, I was thinking about its value being very high; however, I'm also not sure about that.

Difficulty of obtaining an item does not always correlate to value of an item.

We have the forces of supply and demand.

If everyone who completes the event gets the hat, the supply is high. If everyone has the hat, where is the demand for it? Usually, people only want something once with a smaller minority wanting it 2x, 3x, 4x more times. And even a smaller minority beyond that.

I have a lot to say about this.

My point of view may be different from others, so please try to adjust and understand. I'm the kind of player who has no other real-life friends who play Fusionfall Retro. So all the friends I have in the game are purely just from the game itself for me. So I usually just do missions and grind once in a while.
Yeah, that's okay. I have no real life friends who play this game. All of my FuFa friends were made inside of the game.

Since the game began, I had no interest in buying items from other players because I didn't really care for it, but after I crossed level 24 or so I found that Mt. Blackhead was kind of a hub, so I started hanging out there a bit more often, and bought a little stuff. Before the Halloween update, including most of my expenditure (90% accurate) I had about 1 million taros, with 600k currently with me.

3 days after the update has released - I have never seen so many people in one place in my life in this game - not even at Przzyfied's finale which I missed because of school. And I discover the apparent value of ultra-rare limited edition items. But the most relevant thing is that I've grinded so much that I earned 2.2 million in these past 3 days alone (including the mission and selling items worth 250k in total).
Yeah, it's real insane. It reminds me of Birthday Bash levels. And cool, I was there at Przzy's finale since the beginning.

This apparent increase in money means less in the game than in real life because the vendors in the game cannot increase their prices. DX Hoverboards will stay at 50k and chances are most players won't increase their prices for items. So this huge taro increase may not crash the economy like in real life, so I don't think it's bad.

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part. A community made price guide is not necessary if the devs can make some sort of AI to regulate the economy. Additionally, hoverboards are also a great taros sink. 50k a week for a vehicle. I'm an active member in this community; however, I only real log in like 3 days out of the 7 unless there's an update going on. A few months from now, the large spike in taros won't matter and eventually we'll just go back to the prices we have right now. A significant change to the prices is only required if there's real hyperinflation going on right now. The inflation exists; however, I'm unsure if it warrants enough to dramatically change the prices.

On an unrelated note, I want to compile a list of items that are very sought-after in this update. I don't have some of them too, but since we all have a lot of taros anyone who's gonna sell it is a potential source. And all ultra-rare items don't count because stuff like the spooky cape and the fusion wraith set are dropping more frequently than common items.

List of cool items:
Black-coloured Soulo Mask
Steven Universe Pumpkin Hat (I still don't have this one, got all others luckily)
Bat Swarm
Hat you get after completing the mission
Scooby tail
Gem Rejuvenator Scythe
Resurrect Tokens
Black Hat's Top Hat

So yeah, that's my take. Taro inflation is MASSIVE and about 6 months later when I need money I'll sell dupes of these items for money or something. I have no interest in wearing them because I also want stats as well as style, and as I'll have to beat Fuse soon (lvl 34 atm) I'll wear the Forever King set that I have. If there's anything else anyone wants to add please do so. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 04:06:36 AM by InfinitePossibilities »

Lupic

• L + R + A = (L)
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 📉State of Economy: Halloween & Inflation📈
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2019, 01:28:45 PM »
Huh... never knew i would worry about the economy

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2019, 01:16:53 PM »
This is on the second page.

As someone who has completed the pumpkin mission more than 10x and built millions of taros in this event, I have first hand experience that inflation exists. When you see level 4s having 400,000 taros, it's a surprising reaction. The good news is that hyperinflation does not exist, and there is no need for the price guide to be updated. Even if it's a 5k to 15k increase, it won't matter.

This event is short. It would be much more concerning if the event lasted for twice the length. With the night sky gone, we probably have reason to predict that the event is coming to an end.  As someone else stated in this thread, the taros sinks inside of the game work incredibly well. A bit too well. With vehicles costing 50k a week, the 400k could be exhausted in 8 weeks or two months. There's also other smaller expenses such as gumballs, potions, boosts, and transportation. On the larger end, there's also buying stuff from others. The 400k is not signifcant in the medium run.

In regards to the pricing of the Halloween event items, it's safe to say that the rares won't be worth much. Historically speaking, rare items from events don't sell a lot. In fact, the ultra rare Web Head from Halloween 2018 is priced around 40k.

Additionally, rares drop like candy. I was having a conversation with Devan about the drop rates for these 2019 Pumpkin crates and I learned this:

1/10 = for a crate to drop
1/100 = to pull an exclusive Halloween ultra rare
1/700 = to pull a specific Halloween ultra rare (there are 7 of them)
1/20 = to pull an exclusive Halloween rare
(there are 7 of them)

Statistically speaking, when you complete the pumpkin mission where you are required to kill 3,000 of them, you can probably expect to have around 15 rare items, give or take. In contrast, for the exclusive ultra rares, you can probably expect to have around 3 ultra rares.

For the ultra rares, the most popular by far would have to be the Bat Swarms and the Gem Rejevunator and to a very slight extent the Pumpkin Hat. They're more or less the same value. The least popular one would be the Scooby Tail and Black Soulo ultra rare.

Nergal set definitely has an increase in value. With the Black Hat being introduced into the game and the Nergal set very nicely fitting in with the hat, the demand has increased. A price change for this is necessary.

Once the event is officially over, I'm going to wait two weeks for the prices to stabalize. However, generally speaking, once an event begins, the value does have the boosted hype price. Once an event shortly ends, the price also has a boost. Again, I'm waiting for the prices to stabalize. I don't want to input prices three days after the event begins. That's incredibly reckless. Once the prices are implemented, it won't be changed for a long time.

Regarding the green Wraith set, it is unfortunate but again it is nothing to be surprised about. However, I definitely would hope the devs add in a brand new set at Eternal Meadows because that place has no items worth racing for anymore. If they do add in a new set, it would interestingly also become an S+ tier set and would likely be worth more than the green Wraith set before the Halloween event which was 600k in taros.

For the Bandito Hat, again, I've been having a conversation with Devan about the drop rates. I already said this in another thread. I'll just quote myself for convenience.

I can confirm that the Scoria Cephalopods and Terra Claws drop the Bandito Hat.

I was having a conversation with Devan regarding the introduction of this brand new item and its drop rate.

1/3 x 1/20 x 1/28

1/3 = for any crate drop *
1/20 for gold crate drop *
1/28 for Bandito hat drop
= 1/1,1680 = 0.000086%

1 in 3 comes from your standard crate drop. It was not adjusted. The same is true for the 1 in 20 gold crate drop.
The 1 in 28 comes from there being 7 ultra rares. 4*7=28
  • Bandito Hat
    Couture Rifle
    Jungle Shirt
    Open Circuit Shirt
    Ruby Angel Leggings
    Taijutsu Sneaks
    Toxic Spawns

The number 4 comes from 1/4 for your standard ultra rare drop from a gold crate.

Bandito Hat can only be dropped by gold crates.

In comparison, the Solomon Hat is a 3 in 10,000 or a 0.0003%.

0.0003%
0.000086%

The Bandito Hat is ~3.48x harder to obtain than the Solomon Hat. With this, we have ourselves a brand new S+ tier item.

Solomon Hat is priced around 350,000 taros; however, this hasn't been updated in quite a long time. If this is true, this Bandito Hat could potentially be worth 1.2 million taros.

Someone please correct me if my math is wrong.

Additionally, similar to when the Toxic Spawns were introduced and the overall price of the other ultra rares dropped, there will also be a noticeable decrease with the rest of the items due to more people grinding the Bandito Hat.

While the Halloween event is still ongoing, its much more wiser to build your wealth by doing as many pumpkin missions as you can. After the event, you can focus your efforts towards the Bandito Hat grind.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 01:20:43 AM by InfinitePossibilities »

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Re: 📉State of Economy: Halloween📈
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2019, 05:47:00 PM »
Here are four pages I personally typed down regarding the current State of the Economy.
This is in discussion with Rodney, Bandito, Items vs Taros, and the Mysterious Vendor Items

« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 07:08:40 PM by InfinitePossibilities »

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.