Author Topic: "Buttercup is missing" plotline  (Read 676 times)

SuperSaiyanSaint

• IGN: Erik Superangel
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Buttercup is missing" plotline
« on: August 06, 2019, 12:14:00 PM »
Since the missions for the Missing Buttercup story have been changed in some way, I want to replay them. But my question is, what missions are part of this plotline? Can I get a list please?

Note: I have the mission tracker, but I don't feel like searching through five hundred world missions to find them, especially since the names of missions don't explicitly say what they're about a lot of the time.

Ruth

• ℱancy Unicode doesn't make you special.
    • View Profile
Re: "Buttercup is missing" plotline
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:25:49 PM »
The most obvious mission that comes to mind is the Level 14 "I'm Still Standing" mission given out by Buttercup in Marquee Row. I'm pretty sure some of Dexter's Guide Missions also mention the disappearance of Buttercup. I can't check to see if any of these missions have changed since I already completed them on most of my characters.

Dogon McBanana

•  
    Game Master

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 06:47:11 PM »
The ones I can think of off the top of my head are the "How To Date a Fusion" missions, "I'm Still Standing", one of the "Drop Your Weapons" missions, and a Dexter guide mission, as well as one of the "Music and Mayhem" nano project missions. The actual Missing Buttercup story is mostly contained within Dexter's guide missions. Sorry if I got any of these names wrong!

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Item Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 07:14:46 PM »
The ones I can think of off the top of my head are the "How To Date a Fusion" missions, "I'm Still Standing", one of the "Drop Your Weapons" missions, and a Dexter guide mission, as well as one of the "Music and Mayhem" nano project missions. The actual Missing Buttercup story is mostly contained within Dexter's guide missions. Sorry if I got any of these names wrong!

How to Date a Fusion Parts 4 and 5 - In part 4, you investigate Buttercup and discover a lair. In part 5, you defeat Fusion Buttercup.
Drop Your Weapons Part 2 is relating to just defeating Riot Rogues at Morbucks Towers and them dropping a Spiked Shield.
Music and Mayhem Part 1 and 2 is relating to the Nano Project where you get items from Buttercup and Ace.

Guide Missions
Remember Buttercup - You defeat monsters to collect a scrapbook to deliver to Blossom.
Ms. Missing - You use a power level tracker to find Buttercup.

Yujo_Jacy_Coyote

• IGN: Jace Jumpycoyote;happy to be playing again=D
    • View Profile
    • Imgur w/ Mission Collages
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »
I decided to bump this since I happen to have screenshots of both versions of the Buttercup is Missing plotline now. After I defeated Fuse on September 28th with my main I decided to speedrun from Level 4 to 19 on an alternate character I made a year ago since I was worried the Time Squad update may change them again ;D . I just finished this morning ^^' . Here are the notes I made of what's changed since I haven't made mission collages yet:

Edit: My apologies if it's still hard to read. I wasn't sure how to organize and format this gargantuan message.  :-\ .

Warning: This contains spoilers of part of Dexter's Guide missions and the Buttercup is Missing plotline, just a heads up.  ;)

Guide Mission [Lvl 9]Remember Buttercup - Blossom - Sector V:
  • Re-Completed; No change, aside from a Blossom icon update consistent with a model change.

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Dexter Guide Mission [Lvl 14]Ms. Missing - Dexbot Q-12 - City Station:
  • Re-Completed; Buttercup has not yet recovered from amnesia, claiming Buttercup is not her name instead of recounting the battle that caused her amnesia.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
  • Buttercup Dialogue Pre-v 2.10:
    "It was so weird. Last thing I remember, I was fighting Mojo Jojo over the ocean. I'm only just now getting my memory back. It's a stupid situation. If you see my sisters, tell them I'm OK, okay?"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Belladonna Dialogue Post-v 2.10:
    "Buttercup? That name rings a bell, but there's no way it's mine. I'm Belladonna, from the Gangreen Gang! You must be mistaken, dude."
World Mission [Lvl 14]Music and Mayhem(Part 1 of 5) - Dexbot Q-12 - City Station:
  • Re-Completed; Changed to reflect that Belladonna's true identity is not yet known, even to herself. Instead of mentioning the jacket's supersonic windhear she thought it creepy a fan would want her jacket. Dexbot Q-12, instead of saying Buttercup Nanos were now on track for enhancement, recognized that the Nano creation data for Belladonna and Buttercup were nearly identical - they deleted information to save space.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
  • Mission Offer Pre-v 2.10:
    "Objective: Improve Buttercup Nano. Assignment: Locate Buttercup at Marquee Row in Midtown."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Mission Offer Post-v 2.10:
    "Objective: Nano research. Assignment: Locate Belladonna at the bandshell in Marquee Row."
  • Mission Details 1 Pre-v 2.10:
    "Mission: Acquire one of Buttercup's leather jackets. Goal: Nano enhancement. Classified Information: Buttercup is a super-powered member of the hero group designated "Powerpuff Girls." She is reputed to be the most headstrong and rebellious of the Powerpuff Girls."
    Mission Details 1 Post-v 2.10:
    "Mission: Acquire one of Belladonna's leather jackets. Goal: Nano research. Classified Information: Belladonna is the mysterious new backup singer for the Gangreen Gang, a group of recently "reformed" criminals who have started a band. Additional factoid: This unit dislikes punk rock."
  • Dexbot Q-12 Nanocom Notification Pre-v 2.10:
    "Look for Buttercup in front of the auditorium."
    Dexbot Q-12 Nanocom Notification Post-v 2.10:
    "Look for Belladonna in front of the auditorium."
    "That's one of my favorite leather jackets. This one really keeps the windshear down when flying at supersonic speeds."
    "Yo, you a fan of the band? It's a little creepy that you want my jacket, but it's cool. Where should I sign this thing?"
  • Mission Details 2 Pre-v 2.10:
    "Buttercup's leather jacket: acquired. Return to this unit at City Station."
     Mission Details 2 Post-v 2.10:
    "Belladonna's leather jacket: acquired. Return to this unit at City Station."
  • Mission Summary Pre-v 2.10:
    "Mission: accomplished. Buttercup Nanos now on track for enhancement."
    Mission Summary Post-v 2.10:
    "Mission: accomplished. Critical Error: Belladonna's Jacket data nearly identical to that of the Buttercup Nano creation item. Deleting information to save space."
  • My Notes Summary Pre-v 2.10:
    "I found Buttercup and got her to give me her leather jacket."
    My Notes Summary Post-v 2.10:
    "I found Belladonna and got her to give me her leather jacket."
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

World Mission [Lvl 14]Music and Mayhem(Part 2 of 5) - Dexbot Q-12 - City Station:
  • Re-Completed; No Change.

World Mission [Lvl 14]I'm Still Standing - Buttercup/Belladonna - Marquee Row:
  • Re-Completed; Instead of just telling everyone Buttercup was okay, she asked us to let everyone that may know her that she's okay since we seem to know more about her than herself. Ace, instead of asserting that he doesn't want anything to come between him and 'his girl' Buttercup, said that Belladonna and Buttercup are completely different in spite of what he may have said before. Professor Utonium has a segment of dialogue added, saying that if she has lost her memory they should hold off on a reunion so she wouldn't be overwhelmed. Blossom, instead of saying she was sure she was alive, stated she was sure she'd get her memories back soon. Bubbles' dialogue, however, stayed the same. Buttercup, instead of saying she's trying to process what had happened, said she's still trying to roll with the punches of her memory loss. Instead of saying she'll be strong enough to meet with them, expressed that although sappy the flower was a sweet gesture and that she'll hopefully remember everyone soon. The My Notes summary went from saying we told everyone she recovered her memory to we told everyone she lost her memory.
    "After a fight with Mojo Jojo, I totally lost my memory, but now I'm okay. Can you please do me a favor and let the Professor know that I'm all right?"
    "I still don't remember anything about myself, but turns out there's some people who knew me before I lost my memory. You should probably let them know I'm okay."
  • Ace Email Pre-v 2.10:
    "Hey, listen close. Buttercup is my girl. We used to tangle but I'm totally straight and living the high life. She's in the band now, and she's a total rock star. Don't let anything come between us! Cool? -Ace"
    Ace Email Post-v 2.10:
    "Hey, listen close. While Belladonna may share many similarities to Buttercup, she's totally a different person. Even if I told you otherwise previously. Don't mess with the program, man! -Ace"
  • Mission Details Pre-v 2.10:
    "I'm still getting used to everything that has happened. I guess we got in a fight with Mojo Jojo, and I lost my memory. You need to let everyone know that I'm cool."
    Mission Details Post-v 2.10:
    "You seem to know more about me than I do, which is super weird. If there's anyone who might be worried about me, could you let them know that I'm okay?"
  • Professor Utonium Dialogue Pre-v 2.10:
    "Buttercup is alive and okay? Oh, thank heavens! Please tell Blossom right away."
    Professor Utonium Dialogue Post-v 2.10:
    "You've found Buttercup? Oh, thank heavens! If she's lost her memory as you say, it may be best not to overwhelm her with a reunion quite so soon. I'm sure Blossom will be as happy as I am to hear the news!"
  • Blossom Dialogue Pre-v 2.10:
    "You've seen Buttercup? I knew she was still alive! This is the best news. You need to go tell Bubbles."
    Blossom Dialogue Post-v 2.10:
    "You've seen Buttercup? That's amazing! I'm sure she'll get her memories back soon, too! You should go tell Bubbles!"
    "Thanks. I'm still trying to get my head around everything that has happened. It's sort of a drag, but it's cool to be in a rock band. Did you meet my boyfriend, Ace?"
    "Losing my memory is a real drag, but Ace says I should just roll with the punches. As long as people know I'm okay, I'm cool. I'm sure my memories will come back eventually, right? Besides, being in a rock band is sweet!"
    "Everyone was happy to hear that I'm okay? That's sweet. I know I will be strong enough to see them all soon. Thanks for the help. Man, I hate sappy endings."
    "A flower? That's super sappy, but it's a sweet gesture. I'm glad people know that I'm cool. My memories are still really fuzzy, but hopefully I'll remember everyone soon!"
  • My Notes Summary Pre-v 2.10:
    "I told Professor Utonium, Blossom, and Bubbles that Buttercup has recovered her memory."
    My Notes Summary Post-v 2.10:
    "I told Professor Utonium, Blossom, and Bubbles that Buttercup has lost her memory."

World Mission [Lvl 14]How to Date A Fusion(Part 1 of 5) - Numbuh One - Townsville Park:
  • Re-Completed; No Change.

World Mission [Lvl 14]How to Date A Fusion(Part 2 of 5) - Buttercup/Belladonna - Marquee Row:
  • Re-Completed; No Change, besides mission giver name.

World Mission [Lvl 14]How to Date A Fusion(Part 3 of 5) - Buttercup/Belladonna - Marquee Row:
  • Re-Completed; No Change, besides mission giver name.

World Mission [Lvl 14]How to Date A Fusion(Part 4 of 5) - Ace - Marquee Row:
  • Re-Completed; Every time Buttercup's name was mentioned was switched out with Belladonna instead.

World Mission [Lvl 14]How to Date A Fusion(Part 5 of 5) - Ace - Marquee Row:
  • Re-Completed; Ace's reasoning for defeating Fusion Buttercup had changed. Before the update he wanted to assure Buttercup's loyalty as 'his girl,' and he initially thought the Fusion was actually her because of Little Arturo's suspicion. This time around he came clean about Belladonna being Buttercup, and he wanted to to eliminate Fusion Buttercup from the picture to prevent her from incidentally restoring the real deal's memory on sight. He claims gradual memory restoration is good for her health, but he accidentally mentioned it's really so she doesn't beat the tar out out of him for taking advantage of her this whole time.
    "Great job finding that secret door. Now I need to know if Buttercup is really hanging out with Fuse's groupies. Can you help me investigate?"
    "Great job finding that secret door. Look, I gotta come clean here. Belladonna is totally Buttercup. Like, the Powerpuff Girl, you heard of 'em? She lost her memories and I've, er, been tryin' to help her get them back. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the person Little Arturo saw sneaking around was actually Fusion Buttercup, his eyesight ain't so good. You gotta help me get rid of her, man!" 
  • Mission Details Pre-v 2.10:
    "Take this official rock concert all-access backstage pass. This will get you through that secret door. I need to know if Buttercup is really my girl or if she's cheating on me with one of Fuse's minions!"
    Mission Details Post-v 2.10:
    "Take this official rock concert all-access backstage pass. This will get you through that secret door. We need to make sure this Fusion Buttercup chick gets lost before Belladonna sees her!"
  • Ace Nanocom Notification 2 Pre-v 2.10:
    "Dude! That's not my Buttercup. That's Fusion Buttercup! Get her!"
    Ace Nanocom Notification 2 Post-v 2.10:
    "Yup, that's Fusion Buttercup alright! Get her! I'll stay here and keep the real thing distracted, for no reason in particular."
    "What a relief! Little Arturo must have seen Fusion Buttercup and thought it was my girl! Thanks for clearing that up. I owe Arturo a punch in the ear."
    "What a relief! If Belladonna had seen Fusion Buttercup, she might have gotten her memories back! That would have been a bad thing because like, she'd totally beat me up! Aha, what I mean to say is, it's important that she gets her memories back slowly for her health, capiche?
  • Ace Nanocom Notification 3 Pre-v 2.10:
    "Man, I'm glad you got rid of that chick. I knew my Buttercup was true blue."
    Ace Nanocom Notification 3 Post-v 2.10:
    "Man, I'm glad you got rid of that chick, that was a close one!"

World Mission [Lvl 19]Drop Your Weapons(Part 2 of 5) - Buttercup/Belladonna - Marquee Row:
  • Re-Completed; a journal part and the end dialogue were changed slightly. Instead of asking nicely with please she now says yo, that thing looks sick! The end dialogue was reworded and extended slightly.
  • Mission Details 2 Pre-v 2.10:
    "Bring me that Spiked Shield, please."
    Mission Details 2 Post-v 2.10:
    "Yo, bring me that Spiked Shield! That thing looks sick!"
    "That's odd. Usually every single part of the monster turns back into Fusion Matter. I wonder why this shield survived?"
    "Whoa, this is super weird. Usually every single part of the monster turns back into Fusion Matter. But this Spiked Shield didn't. We should hang this up in the Studio!"

Warning: This contains spoilers of part of Dexter's Guide missions and the Buttercup is Missing plotline, just a heads up.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:02:34 PM by Yujo_Jacy_Coyote »

NesMettaur

• Poppi Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 07:28:41 PM »
Awesome! Glad we have a post of all the comparisons, it's been so long since I did those missions that I probably wouldn't of noticed them. Much thanks for compiling that!

In hindsight I'm surprised the original game just dumped the amnesia plot the instant you met Belladonna, never really pieced together how little they actually did with it until just now.
Also

THANK, and I can't stress this enough, HEAVENS they retconned the Buttercup/Ace stuff out. Even as a kid that always felt really weird, grimy, and gross to me- the more distant a memory that all becomes, the better. Plus, seems like we got a really fun storyline out of it in the reworked "How to Date a Fusion" missions. Which also means the name has nothing to do with the actual mission any more, but ah well.

Yujo_Jacy_Coyote

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 08:16:51 PM »
Awesome! Glad we have a post of all the comparisons, it's been so long since I did those missions that I probably wouldn't of noticed them. Much thanks for compiling that!

In hindsight I'm surprised the original game just dumped the amnesia plot the instant you met Belladonna, never really pieced together how little they actually did with it until just now.
Also

THANK, and I can't stress this enough, HEAVENS they retconned the Buttercup/Ace stuff out. Even as a kid that always felt really weird, grimy, and gross to me- the more distant a memory that all becomes, the better. Plus, seems like we got a really fun storyline out of it in the reworked "How to Date a Fusion" missions. Which also means the name has nothing to do with the actual mission any more, but ah well.
You're welcome ;D . I don't think I ever got far enough in the original game to experience these missions, but I'd probably feel the same way about Buttercup and Ace if I had. It's a tad odd, for sure. Even with the age boost Ace is like an adult to early teenage Buttercup, and to consider that she wasn't in the right frame of mind during their 'relationship,' memory loss and all, that just adds terrible undertones to the whole thing. Not to mention Ace kept the fact she was alive from her own family and friends for maybe months, although it's not really stated how long it's actually been since Mojo Jojo's ocean battle :'(. Blossom's original dialogue even implied there was the possibility some thought she could be dead in spite of the no death policy.

Edit: v Glad I could help out, thanks for making the thread by the way ^^' .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 08:39:21 PM by Yujo_Jacy_Coyote »

SuperSaiyanSaint

• IGN: Erik Superangel
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 08:30:54 PM »
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton, Yujo!

Mega4500

• FusionFall Youtuber (mostly). IGN: Plants 10000
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 07:25:42 AM »
Yujo you absolute legend. Hope ya do this if they change some of the future missions in the Future as well.

Great job!

bigseikoslayer

• Cannonbolt costume just to hide how fat I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 07:47:01 AM »
Yujo, good lord, what you did is awesome!

I hope they add more missions with Buttercup/Belladonna in the future.

Yujo_Jacy_Coyote

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 08:02:30 AM »
Yujo you absolute legend. Hope ya do this if they change some of the future missions in the Future as well.

Great job!

Thanks! And oh yeah, for sure ;) . If they ever do change Future missions I'll definitely make a similar comparison post or just compare them through my picture collages. Plus, it's far quicker to re-complete 35 missions in the Future compared to the nearly 200 I had to re-complete in the Past for this. :)

Yujo, good lord, what you did is awesome!

I hope they add more missions with Buttercup/Belladonna in the future.

Thanks, I try ^^' . Also same here, I think the changes they made may open the door to new missions involving her. It would be interesting at least. If not in Retro they'll probably flesh out the quest line in Legacy. Perhaps Buttercup will get her sappy ending afterall xD .
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:20:34 AM by Yujo_Jacy_Coyote »

BlitheHatter

• IGN Jackson Blythe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »

Really? It surprises you? The game often brings up plot points and then drops them completely, it's mostly small stuff but it happens a lot.

NesMettaur

• Poppi Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 11:33:26 AM »

Really? It surprises you? The game often brings up plot points and then drops them completely, it's mostly small stuff but it happens a lot.
I mean
Fair enough

I guess I mean to say it's unique because it was dropped before the game even did anything with it
Things like the Haunted Ridge plotline and the Dark Engine are at least, like, given a few missions of relevance before going away forever

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.