Author Topic: Anyone hoping for more complex combat like Kingdom Hearts 2?  (Read 472 times)

spongeboxdouble

• Professional Roblox Roleplayer, Ben 10 Main.
    • MSN Messenger - anthonyblahblahblah@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys what's up so after watching a few videos I was thinking? Instead of just mashing the z button and summoning nanos non stop is kinda boring compared to like Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. I feel like if the complex had the depth and weight and maybe even stuff like combo finishers, movement abilities, transformations, nano ability depth, etc. I suggest checking this video out to the end and telling me what you think.

https://youtu.be/RYdFpv9Ay7o

spongeboxdouble

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone hoping for more complex combat like Kingdom Hearts 2?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:47:14 PM »
I feel like stuff like this would be a great expansion of the gameplay of Fusionfall and if executed properly could lead to really fun and complex combat that can make playing the game, grinding, bosses, etc. can be a new alternative to just mindlessly clicking and tapping number buttons till you win which leads to after beating the game to people just hanging out barely touching enemies unless they wanna grind for levels (if a lower level than max) or for an item. I know it may take alot of work but honestly optimizing fun gameplay that immortalize the game further than it ever can become and create a more advanced and active community compared to what Retro is now.

That and just imagine all the cool combat strats, advancements in the meta, great community discussion and experimation with what they can do, and even just people wanting to go out and fight enemies because it's fun and not because they have too.

So yeah really I think this would improve the game and I do hope this can be implemented in a great way to advance Fusionfall to greater heights!

Crystal_Ranger_Danny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »
Bro i feel you so dang hard.

I'm a KH fan, in my opinion almost everything is perfect in the series.
From it's compelling stories, spikey design, amazing cast of characters, compassionate world building and let's not forget it's satisfying combat system.

The combat is so fluid and good that it makes the gameplay really fun, instead of spamming your left mouse button till something dies. There are alot of options to choose from which makes it really fun and creative, especially for stragegy purposes.

Fusionfalls gameplay in general feels really boring, yeah sure nano are thing, but all it takes is a simple press of a button to use their ability.

I suggest Legacy's gameplay should be fluid and smooth. Make more attack moves that require a combo to be done instead of just shooting or slashing by just pressing a button. If jump and rocket nanos had glide, that would be really useful and cool for combat. Instead of flying around and attacking just like in KH, making a jump and/or rocket nano glide makes them also useful for combat. Gliding/floating around your enemy is more fun than running circles around your enemy.

More alot of combo would be really neat, be mixing up combo sets you would be able to make the fight really intresesting. Even when grinding, you can glide or slide around and grind in style. You would be able to buy combo's from shop keepers. These shop keepers will be sellers from the death kwon do dojo (regular show). They would sell pages of death kwon do copies and in these page will be a set of 1 or 2 combos. You will earn a combo finisher once you finish a level.

Just like spongeboxdouble said, this would improve the game and make it more fun. For example: not alot of people like to grind, all it requires is hours upon hours of just walking around and spamming the left mouse button. With this kind of gameplay players can get creative and unique with grinding and fighting enemies in Legacy in general.

Fighting huge bosses would become really fun, where you just are able to climb them and glide around them doing combo's

Transformations aren't really necessary, i mean maybe a rage system could be a thing, but a don't really see it happening. Unless we are talking about nano! Instead of using a regular old gumball to power up your nano, your nano has a rage bar which fills up. When it's full they will start to get furious which powers them up, one thing that should be nerfed is when they are in rage mode their health will go down faster, but not when you use gumballs.

I hope this shine a bit more attention and hope we will get an awesome Legacy combat system that isn't alike Retro's combat system!

spongeboxdouble

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 01:51:51 PM »
Dude honestly, I 100% agree especially with that rage mechinic, I think that would be an awesome substitute for transformations and as you said this would really spice up the combat and overall creativity the game can have! I would much rather enjoy having fun and interesting combat then just spamming the left mouse button or occassionally use a button to use a nano when we can have everything above!   :D

AceJet

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 07:24:01 PM »
A Fusion form like Sora's Anti-Form would give players an edge against monsters. The mechanic can work by slowly draining the players life as they are covered in Fusion Matter.

Zarkist

• Life is short, live it to the fullest
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 03:41:11 AM »
Changing the combat system of FusionFall away from point and click would be great. Having not a 100% hit rate and involving some form of manual aiming would be awesome to see. Also having a more advanced dodging mechanisms instead of like walking away from a fusion blast thing from the ground would be better. (Dodging heavy attacks).

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.