Author Topic: Skipping Zones  (Read 171 times)

Beast246

• View Profile
Skipping Zones
« on: May 09, 2019, 10:12:47 PM »
It's just as the title says, as it would be nice if you were able to skip your least favorite zones for whatever reasons you might have. This was the case for me in my attempt to fully skip zones like bluff and canyon and for the most part I succeeded until 2 nanos forced me to go into the zone I worked so hard to avoid and was a bit crushed that my efforts were basically almost wasted. There were also other zones that I wanted to skip but due to fusion matter becoming scarce towards the higher levels I decided not to and what I'm basically trying get at it is that a possible solution would be having a couple options of nanos to choose from before you go to the next level as from what I can tell a lot of nanos will be added and not all of them will be used in the way it was in OG/Retro where after acquiring that nano you'd go to the next level (excluding code nanos).

I apologize for the mini-rant and in case this has already been suggested

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Skipping Zones
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 10:33:14 PM »
But they’re parts of the game. Avoiding them would just make it too easy.

Beast246

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »
Not really, although WoW is a much larger game they give you the option where you don't necessarily have to go to certain zones in the game as you have other options for said level as is the case for retro as well, for example you have 2 zones for each level once you hit downtown/ the wilds and instead of constantly going back in forth each zone could have it's own nano in one of the 2 zones and it allows you the player to have the liberty to chose or take whatever path you want.

Retron90

• "There's no mistakes, just Happy Accidents" Bob R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 12:26:19 PM »
Not really, although WoW is a much larger game they give you the option where you don't necessarily have to go to certain zones in the game as you have other options for said level as is the case for retro as well, for example you have 2 zones for each level once you hit downtown/ the wilds and instead of constantly going back in forth each zone could have it's own nano in one of the 2 zones and it allows you the player to have the liberty to chose or take whatever path you want.
From what I understand, I don't this is needed. One, the current Nano system of Primary and Secondary doesn't work with this I think. Primary is a nano required to be obtained for every level and Secondary is a nano that isn't required but can be obtained. + This is Legacy. A lot of the things will be changed to make areas for enjoyable and possibly completely revamped. This could possibly eliminate the ideas of skipping zones that you might actually enjoy. Also, exploration and getting quests from many areas is a main part of the game.

Beast246

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 01:41:13 PM »
Oh by no means do I mean that exploration quests should be removed but at the same time it does become annoying as well as repetitive after going back and forth so many times. I keep seeing people state that it's apart of the game and yes it is apart of OG/Retro but at the same time this is supposed to be a re imagined version, that being said things can be changed to allow for a more diverse experience and not having the old nano's force you to certain zones you already know that you don't really enjoy or at least giving you the option to avoid it through a secondary nano for levels that have more than 2 zones. Although the leveling system for fusionfall is unique from the games i've played and for the most part enjoyable this was one of my main gripes with this system after basically failing to fully avoid bluff and canyon (Extremely thankful the catacombs doesn't have an IZ). Another possible solution would be to not have to go to the npc for said nano mission (in this case mandy and hex) as you already are in communication with them via email so i'm confused as to the necessity of reporting back to them while you're already in contact with them.

JetZflare25

• Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle. Wait, I did. Oh no.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 10:18:44 AM »
If you don't want to go there just don't do the missions

Beast246

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 10:29:52 PM »
If you don't want to go there just don't do the missions

Guess you missed the part of me explaining on how I did exactly that but ultimately failed because of 2 nano missions and if your suggesting that I shouldn't have done the nano missions then how would I have gotten to max level :o

Beast246

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 07:37:06 AM »
Another possible solution that I previously mentioned was giving more relevance to the emails/voice messages the npc's send you while you're on the nano mission to avoid going back to them you would be able to reply after finishing the requirements for the nano mission with something simple like "I'm heading to the IZ now!".

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.