Author Topic: Wow, almost no-one knows about this game anymore.  (Read 2046 times)

spongeboxdouble

• One Man Army.
    • MSN Messenger - anthonyblahblahblah@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wow, almost no-one knows about this game anymore.
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 11:23:28 PM »
 But those are some ideas I have so hopefully you guys enjoyed and possibly we can get these in the game or just get spiked interest!

Inigma4487

• You have persistence, Autobot. I hate persistence.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2019, 07:12:16 AM »
I think you may need to distinguish between retro and legacy. It almost sounds like you are asking for retro to become legacy by adding in all of this stuff. the point of the two being separate is because of their age and function. Sure, these things could be added to retro.  The retro player base, no matter what you do, will take a hit when legacy comes out. I'm not opposed to adding in new missions or characters, but there is a limit to what can be done. That's the whole point of legacy, to break the limitations and go all out. I am still playing through the game, and I will probably reach your level of thinking in the near future, but try to be a little realistic. This isn't WOW, where there's a ton of resources making huge expansions. I'm not trying to sound rude at all, but sometimes you have to take what you can get. Keeping a live service like this is by no means an easy task. How will the devs keep interest alive for retro when legacy is out? These are all challenging questions, and the more the community reaches out with suggestions to make the games more interesting and lively, the better it will be in the long run.

I feel like we might are starting to repeat ourselves at this point. :P

Inigma4487

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2019, 07:35:49 AM »
to throw out another suggestion, (and I know its already past), but how about an actual Easter egg hunt? scavenger hunts sound like a pretty cool idea. finding all the golden coco eggs have been pretty fun as it is.

Inigma4487

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2019, 07:54:13 AM »
I think it might be a good idea to create a suggestions forum for retro, like what legacy has. that way we can better organize ways to improve the game.

spongeboxdouble

• One Man Army.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »
Honestly I'm not trying to be rude back but I feel like your trying to say that any new improvement if it seems like something out of the box shouldnt be implemented because that's something you want exclusive for Legacy. I dont think not adding new Retro content or any of the stuff I stated will ruin the point of Legacy, rather it will only enhance and bind both experiences. Realistically, though regardless of how one defines Retro, the game does need new content to make it interesting and Retro as you stated is going lose players because of Legacy and in turn be in competition with it, so it would only make sense to add ideas like I suggested which seem to be mostly possible within the limitations as a means to hype up and differentiate from Legacy while also keeping interesting for the player base. Again idea such as new items, new takes on events, being in line with Retro and Legacy are subjective, what isnt subjective is the downfall and mass of players losing interest and leaving out of boredom despite our attempts to support it for the reasons I stated before. We really do need some content that's unique and post game player friendly that is also unique and new, we cant just reserve that sort of stuff for Legacy and then get confused or upset over why people arent happy with the game anymore, not talking about anyone in particular btw.

Inigma4487

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2019, 08:40:06 AM »
I get ya. In a way I am saying I'd like to keep the good stuff for legacy, but I am just trying to thing within the boundaries of what's possible in retro. The fact that its difficult to add new items into retro, whereas its easier in legacy, it where I am trying to approach this. As I said, I think it would be a good idea to have a suggestions forums for Retro improvements, seeing as how it will need it when all of the OG content is added in.  The suggestions for Retro are different than Legacy because like Devan said, repurposing old models has been a key tactic in new content. I am already thinking of a bunch of new ideas for events and such. I get the need for post game content, but it doesn't help people who just got into the game if there is a lvl 36 event that they won't be able to get to for some time. Perhaps there can be a lvl 37 area added in, like with fuse's top generals or something, IDK.

spongeboxdouble

• One Man Army.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
Yeah I agree with the idea of a Retro suggestions board, but besides that, I think I'm doing a bad job at explaining this so excuse me there. The problem with Retro is the lack of new content regardless of Legacy represents to you or anyone else, we are aware it's going to be completely different from Retro in terms of even genre apparently meaning the new content in Legacy wont have the same impact as the stuff in Retro nor does this mean Retro is going to be completely replaced. Sure it's going to lose players because thats again because its something new. If we add new content like I suggested which would still work within the restrictions I've stated especially the item ideas I had, it will keep Retro interesting that and we dont even know when it's coming out so we at least need new content to keep us entertained in this community or even active since Retros lack of popularity will be carried over into Legacy in someway.

Inigma4487

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2019, 10:37:43 AM »
I think we are saying the same thing. I'll create a thread at least for people to suggest new ideas post-OG content. The sooner the devs have ideas for new content after all the OG content is added, the more time they will have to think about how to implement them. :-X

spongeboxdouble

• One Man Army.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2019, 02:23:47 PM »
Yeah it's pretty much the same thing tbh, besides maybe me saying we should add more new content to Retro instead of saving it for Legacy so yeah overall, I agree man, so nice discussion man! I'll see you over on that wall man!  ::)

marshal98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2019, 03:15:06 PM »
personally i play fusionfall every day from september 1st 2018 .... just that I play 20-30 minutes a day, maybe even the other people who play there do so, this would explain the low population of players in the game.

BeauBauer

• Original FF Beta tester. Yep, I'm that old. UGH!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2019, 07:26:37 PM »
I really wish more Members would join in the game like before. Seems like a lot of people were complaining a couple months ago about wanting to play and now that its here everybody disappears suddenly. Kind of sad imo. Really miss seeing the huge crowds of people atop Mount Blackhead getting together having a good time. Now you hear nothing but crickets there now. I've been playing since the original Beta days before the game opened publicly and I know I'm still playing it every chance I get. I still get excited every time I start the game and hear the opening theme song. Takes me back to the good times. Thanks again Devs. I know I say it a lot, but I can't help it. :)

batmaniac

• 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 "𝓜𝓸𝓬𝓱𝓲" 𝓢𝓾𝓹𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻 Wu Yifan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2019, 04:05:51 AM »
Adding on to this is the fact that this game tramples over all others from Cartoon Network.
It was still big back in the day, so traffic was inevitable.
Nowadays, we’re mostly adults in college or working,
so not much time and investment can be put into a game, especially if it is something of the past.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.