Author Topic: Best way to record FusionFall?  (Read 459 times)

MoriBee

•  
    Community Manager

• Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to record FusionFall?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 07:16:55 PM »
Yeah I use NVIDIA Geforce's Game Bar recording option when I want to make videos and clips of my gameplay. Sadly I've never actually uploaded any of it, but watching the videos in the capture folder, they're all really nice quality
I don't have shadow play desktop recording since I'm on a laptop :(
(I can't believe it either)
It does, I'm using an ASUS RoG laptop, and it records just fine. You'd need to make FusionFall fullscreen with F10, though, or it'll just record your desktop.
It's got unbelievable quality, way better than OBS, and pretty decent file sizes.
I have a ASUS RoG laptop too, and I don't even have to be in full screen. I just set FusionFall Retro as a game in the Game Bar's settings, and it just records the game screen when I punch in the hotkeys

ILLESTxMEXICAN

• Leader of Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 02:16:50 AM »
Yeah I use NVIDIA Geforce's Game Bar recording option when I want to make videos and clips of my gameplay. Sadly I've never actually uploaded any of it, but watching the videos in the capture folder, they're all really nice quality
I don't have shadow play desktop recording since I'm on a laptop :(
(I can't believe it either)
It does, I'm using an ASUS RoG laptop, and it records just fine. You'd need to make FusionFall fullscreen with F10, though, or it'll just record your desktop.
It's got unbelievable quality, way better than OBS, and pretty decent file sizes.
I have a ASUS RoG laptop too, and I don't even have to be in full screen. I just set FusionFall Retro as a game in the Game Bar's settings, and it just records the game screen when I punch in the hotkeys
I tried setting it to be a game on shadow play I don't know what's wrong. I did find out I can record in full screen with nvidia so I'm going to start recording like that. So that's a plus

ILLESTxMEXICAN

• Leader of Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 04:12:50 PM »

is this what you guys are talking about? if so it's not working haha

MoriBee

•  
    Community Manager

• Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 04:38:23 PM »
Nah, mine looks like this:

I hit Windows key + G to get this pop up (I don't always keep it "remembered" just cuz the pop annoys me sometimes)

Then it loads up the Game Bar with all the recording buttons:

Then if I just hit the record button (or use the commands for it), it starts recording using whatever settings I have saved like to use my mic or not, record outside the game, etc. Then when I hit stop on recording it just saves to my NVIDIA's captures folder

sxzdrifter

• IGN : Admiral Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 12:26:55 AM »

That one is for streaming to your shield device.

To actually record game play you need to have in-game overlay turned on.
You can find that in settings>general>in-game overlay.
Then try the the hotkey Alt+Z to see if it's working.
Enter the game and go full screen. You might see a notification about the overlay.
Remember to start recording only when in fullscreen. You can minimize or windowed mode or what not, AFTER you start recording it in full screen.
If you start recording in windowed mode, it'll just record the desktop instead.
If everything fails, then game bar is your best option, as long as you have enabled it in the settings.

NightFiend

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 03:01:42 AM »
I don't know what operating system you're using, but I have Windows 7, so depending on your OS you may or may not have some suggested options. If you have VLC Media Player though it does have a build in way to record your screen. If you don't have it it is free and it can run on pretty much anything.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.