Author Topic: BEN 10: REBOOT THOUGHTS & OPINIONS  (Read 320 times)

JACOB10

• IT'S HERO TIME!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
BEN 10: REBOOT THOUGHTS & OPINIONS
« on: August 06, 2019, 03:16:53 PM »
Personally I kinda like it, sure itís not the best, but I think it succeeds where Teen Titans Go Failed Miserably, Ben 10 (OS) is about a ten year old boy who finds a Alien device, that can change him into 10 different aliens and uses there powers to fight bad guys. Ben 10 (Reboot) is about a ten year old boy who finds a Alien device, that can change him into 10 different aliens and uses there powers to fight bad guys. Teen Titans is about a group of teenage Super Hero Sidekicks who fight crime and have personal Problems with Relationships and other stuff like that, Teen Titans Go is about a group of Teenage Super Hero Sidekicks who Sing about going potty, Spend the whole day but naked, Have Food Fights - and do I even need to continue! Ben 10 Reboot stays true to what made the Franchise What it is. While it does have a rough Start the story of the show (Despite the episodes only being half as long...) actually really picks up starting with the Season 1 finale. If you havenít watched it since it aired for the first time, then I recommend giving it a second chance. I realize that there will still be haters towards the Reboot, but letís try to keep the comments as friendly as possible. What are your Thoughts and options? And why?

Fancystopperman

• The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BEN 10: REBOOT THOUGHTS & OPINIONS
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 04:19:33 PM »
It's better than most of the reboots (TTG isn't a reboot) but it doesn't succeed as a successor to Ben 10. It doesn't even succeed as an action show or a parody. It doesn't succeed as anything actually.  The staff doesn't take advantage of all of the scrapped ideas from the other incarnations, it doesn't improve or fix any of the issues the previous Ben 10s had,the art style is absolutely awful, the ratings are terrible, and above all else, the animation is horrid. TTG at least shows us their staff has the talent to make good looking action every once in a while despite not being made for drawn out action scenes. Up until the Ben 10 reboot got good, it was almost just as bad as the new Powerpuff Girls. It matched every bad quality it had point for point.

More than anything else, the new Ben 10's goal is to be a Ben 10 cartoon which was action packed, made you want to buy their toys, and was able to draw in kids with their charming characters and cool looking aliens. I still remember working at my city's Target and seeing kids wear their omnitrices on the way out. This Ben 10 is one of the only action oriented shows on CN (THE only action show until DSHG and Mao Mao came) and it can't even do fight scenes better than shows not suited for action. It's hard to get excited for the fights when the animations look like an amateur made them and the aliens look like they were drawn by deviantart users. The toys also look like illegal bootleg knockoffs.

The show has improved though.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:56:34 PM by Fancystopperman »

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »
I've been a huge Ben 10 fan since the original series. I even liked Omniverse until it messed up the canon with that rooters story arc. I don't like the reboot much, but I don't hate it either. It's goofy, kiddy and often cringe-inducing, but it not as insultingly bad as the other reboots. I haven't seen every episode, though I read through the episode list on the wiki and if one sounds interesting enough I'll look into it.

I kind of liked the idea for Omni-tricked, as it seemed like an original idea, even though the story was rather predictable. The finales so far seem to be the best episodes, when the show gets more serious it's actually not too bad at all. It seems like the writers of the show actually do want to tell a good story, even with an overarching plot building up to the finale like in season 3.

The alien inclusion choices aren't great though. Ben keeps losing access to aliens to get different ones, but currently he has Fourarms, Cannonbolt, Rath, Shockrock and Humungousaur, which makes him pretty unbalanced in terms of powers as he has five bulky guys. I heard Jetray and Eyeguy are being introduced next season, though only Jetray's silhouette has been officially shown so far. Unless the plots are at least decent I won't watch much of the show, but if Eyeguy will be in the reboot, at least he'll finally get an action figure.

Overall the reboot is at least decent, but it's got nothing on the old series.

Superstarxalien

• Moxy Bubblehead is the best bubblehead, don't @ me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:02:08 PM »
The staff doesn't take advantage of all of the scrapped ideas from the other incarnations, it doesn't improve or fix any of the issues the previous Ben 10s had
it did have a vilgax form for ben, which was really cool

yoshi3000

• Writer of Project Blackthorn, a mad multiverse
    • View Profile
    • Home of Project Blackthorn
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 08:14:17 PM »
The staff doesn't take advantage of all of the scrapped ideas from the other incarnations, it doesn't improve or fix any of the issues the previous Ben 10s had
it did have a vilgax form for ben, which was really cool
Literally the only plus I can give the reboot.

frankjoeson

• It started When an alien device did what it did.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 08:40:47 PM »
I didn't wanna watch it at first, THEN VILGAX APPEARED!

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.