Author Topic: Lore question  (Read 739 times)

Askzven

• woah what's going on
    • View Profile
Re: Lore question
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 07:12:10 AM »
It's fine to acknowledge that death is a reality. It's the act of killing that crosses the line.

I think everyone goes through a phase of thinking that in order for a story to have depth everything has to be taken to the extreme, including the stakes (I went through it too!). Yes, it's a post-apocalyptic scenario, but come on - it's a post-apocalyptic scenario featuring a bunch of wacky cartoon characters, half of whom are literally children. It's just not that kind of game.

Also, a note on Resurrect'ems - I've always thought that the idea was that Grim decided to suspend death while the invasion was occurring. The actual stakes aren't dying, but the loss of the material world because while he can bring you back, he can't do anything about what he brings you back to.
Yeah you're right, I've said this many times, the game is a game for kids made by cartoon network, the community grows out from being a kid, the game is still the game it was back 10 years ago, the community might grow and people would want Fusionfall to have "Edgy" and "Death is cool" ideas, but it will never ever be in the spirit of what Fusionfall actually is, I see it as simple as that

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 08:20:31 PM »
It's fine to acknowledge that death is a reality. It's the act of killing that crosses the line.

I think everyone goes through a phase of thinking that in order for a story to have depth everything has to be taken to the extreme, including the stakes (I went through it too!). Yes, it's a post-apocalyptic scenario, but come on - it's a post-apocalyptic scenario featuring a bunch of wacky cartoon characters, half of whom are literally children. It's just not that kind of game.

Also, a note on Resurrect'ems - I've always thought that the idea was that Grim decided to suspend death while the invasion was occurring. The actual stakes aren't dying, but the loss of the material world because while he can bring you back, he can't do anything about what he brings you back to.
But there should definitely be some acknowledgement as to why hes doing this. Like, hes the Grim Reaper and hes suspending death. This is gonna get heavy but think of all the times in human history when lots of people have died, even at the hands of evil forces. I feel like its because so many people were killed/going to be killed soon that he had to step in and let the humans take care of Fuse before Earth got off-balance.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 05:39:53 AM »

But there should definitely be some acknowledgement as to why hes doing this. Like, hes the Grim Reaper and hes suspending death. This is gonna get heavy but think of all the times in human history when lots of people have died, even at the hands of evil forces. I feel like its because so many people were killed/going to be killed soon that he had to step in and let the humans take care of Fuse before Earth got off-balance.

Job security. If there's no more people left to reap, Grim don't get paid.

NesMettaur

• Poppi Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2019, 09:05:08 AM »

I'm not even convinced he reaps any more, I think he just kinda gave up and resigned himself to his fate of watching TV on Billy's couch for the rest of his (Billy's not Grim's) life.

RobertSpeedwagon

• JOESTAR SAN
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
I mean it helps that theyre friends with the grim reaper

Zor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2019, 08:45:53 PM »
Is just me or someone here compare the drawn from the cripts like a alien from the first session from Alien Force?
They ones white and like a octopus head...

Ok I gotta ask what does this mean?

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »

I'm not even convinced he reaps any more, I think he just kinda gave up and resigned himself to his fate of watching TV on Billy's couch for the rest of his (Billy's not Grim's) life.

It's possible. I remember thinking about how one could logically bring in the Deaths from Adventure Time/Regular Show/others and came to the conclusion that 'Reaper' is a job title that is passed on, with Grim being the current. However, nowadays he doesn't really do much work, just take advantage of all the benefits but they can't do anything about it because he keeps up with the bare minimum to remain locked into the role.

1MustFall

• You're not a warrior, you're a beginner!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2019, 08:31:10 AM »
Personally, I like to think those crying characters at the gravesite where crying over losing the original FusionFall game. The game might be gone, but the memories will be with us forever.

I remember them being in the OG, so what were they crying about? :)

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2019, 03:35:19 PM »
Personally, I like to think those crying characters at the gravesite where crying over losing the original FusionFall game. The game might be gone, but the memories will be with us forever.

I remember them being in the OG, so what were they crying about? :)

"Here Lies Sym-Bionic Titan, September 17, 2010 - April 9, 2011"

GazpachoMacho64

• Looking good in the neighborhood
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
If I recall correctly when you go to the borders in the future the SACT guards will tell you everything west, east, north or south from here was absorbed up by planet fuse. At which point I always assumed that everyone in those areas were pretty much dead and you gotta go back and prevent that...Not a pretty story to be sure. But I don't care if this is a game originally intended for kids. When you put war into anything it's bound to get ugly. Let's all stop pretending that there is no death involved in the game. Because there's really no way around it...

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.