Author Topic: Quality of Life suggestions (submit your own!)  (Read 2441 times)

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quality of Life suggestions (submit your own!)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 06:53:03 PM »

3. In the Catacombs, instead of having the objective be “Go talk to General Tso/Mel Anzana,” lead the player to their base entrances. Because it’s all one area, the entrances act more like a teleportation device. As a result, the mission tracker leads the player towards areas they can’t reach, instead of where they need to go. It would be a lot easier for new players who aren’t familiar with the area.
THIS!

The Catacombs were such a pain because of that.

CaptainRexCrash73

• I’m Judith and I like hugs.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
3. In the Catacombs, instead of having the objective be “Go talk to General Tso/Mel Anzana,” lead the player to their base entrances. Because it’s all one area, the entrances act more like a teleportation device. As a result, the mission tracker leads the player towards areas they can’t reach, instead of where they need to go. It would be a lot easier for new players who aren’t familiar with the area.
Oh my gosh I'm totally in support of this. The Catacombs are already a nightmare to navigate and it was so frustrating to have the pointer not actually pointing at the entrances to the bases. I hate being pointed to locations that are, like, outside of the map and having to backtrack.

DiscoPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 07:06:05 PM »
He meant from City Station to Townsville Park, which i also fully agree. We can travel to anywhere from City Station except there, and many of Ben´s guide missions alongside lvl 16 missions will have to traveling constantly thru the 2 areas, and having to go thru the inbetween of City Hall can get annoying. A 1 way from the 2 would be appreciated.
Okay, makes sense. Gotta agree as well then.

2. On some of the timed missions, it would be better if the objective was changed from hitting “COMPLETE MISSION” to just reaching the person you need to reach, then having as long as you need to talk to them and complete it. Just one less step when things get tight.
This would be great. I failed a handful of timed missions because I stopped at the target NPC to gumball my scavenge nano, and didn't 'complete' the mission in time...
~~~

One thing I can think of is making Tetrax give you Ben guide missions in late game instead of Hoss. It gets annoying when all your world missions are in Darklands and you still have to travel all the way to Devil's Bluff just to get a guide mission from Hoss (and then to come back to turn in the mission). I'll never know why the OG devs thought it was a good idea to keep Hoss as the mission-giver till the end of Ben's questline, when Tetrax is right there.
I realise this change would involve a lot of modifications to the missions, dialogue etc. so I don't know to what extent it's doable.

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 12:43:03 AM »
So Retro has been receiving more and more "QOL" or "Quality of Life" updates each time, aside from the major updates. Here are a few suggestions i have that could be implemented and make the game better, or at least more customizable or closer to the OG game.

1- Re-adding the old walking animations. Allow us to switch between the new and old animations, allows more customizability.

What other suggestions do you all have that could make Retro better?

Old walking animations would be a fun one, though there system for animations during that time is a bit different, and some aspects may not be able to converted/work with their newer animation system. An option to switch likely also wouldn't be possible.

I have no idea if it's even possible but I'd like to see the monkey skyway agents improved. I strongly think that each MSA port should have at least 2 destinations. For example, Devil's Bluff could be connected to Nowhere, Pimpleback Mountains and maybe even Really Twisted Forest. Maybe also improve the Scampers so you can warp to any Scamper from Sector V and Endsville, instead of only Peach Creek. I'll never understand why some of these warp points only have one destination.

I'd also like the option to rent vehicles for longer than a week, especially with all of the unique vehicles scattered around the world now. You'd have to pay more taros of course but at least you don't have to travel to and from the vendors so often.

More MSA routes would be a dream for me, though we would have to do them all in on big chunk later down the line. The tools we used to make the original routes are from a super old internal build of ours, so we'd need to not only set up all the additional routes, but also literally set up the paths those routes use. It would be an undertaking, but something I would like to do at some point. The Scampers are super easy to set up though, so you may see Sector V and Endsville Scampers pop-up on the rest of the Scamper routes at some point.

I would really like vehicles to have a "rent time" option, but it would be endlessly complicated to set up and I think the current system gets the job done that it needs to.

Another suggestion I have is an option to disable the pop-up that appears every time you log in. It might be a good alternative to the Developer's Blog and FusionFall Retro homepage at first but could get annoying after I've seen it multiple times. It is especially annoying when I log into another account to transfer items between my characters. Since the developers created the setting to enable and disable the New Chat, they probably won't have a problem implementing a setting to disable news pop-ups.

Ordinarily I might be inclined to agree with an option to disable the news image, but you can actually get past it by first selecting a character, and while the game is loading, press '~'. You'll hear a menu close sound, which is the pop-up closing before your game even loads.

Another quality of life suggestion would be to make recall actually super useful in the game. Basically, recall points could be placed outside of infected zones, maybe near revive zones, you register there, and if you want to, you can use your recall nano to quickly teleport back. This will be super useful during the mid 20s levels when you're constantly going back from Downtown to The Wilds. Imagine registering at the revive zone at Tech Square, you do your missions at Area 51.5, and when they call you back, you can instantly use your revive nano. In order to not abuse it, you'll have to 3 to 5 minutes for yourself to be able to do it again.

I would *really* like a select number of recalls points to exist outside of IZs, though looking into it, it looks like it would be way more work than really feasible.

I've always felt there should be a guide changer in Forsaken Valley. It's the only main hub area without one. :-\ Also, if I want to try on one of the guide items sold by the guide vendors in Forsaken Valley, I have to use the Scamper to fly to one of the other hubs to change guides, then fly back to Forsaken Valley.

The guide changers are honestly a mess in this game. The one big issue preventing me from fixing this right this second is that unlike Nanostations, which load in as NPCs, the graphics for Guide Changers are, for one reason or another, built into the maps themselves. That means we basically need to go in and remove them from the map first, then make an NPC that uses those graphics just like a Nanostation does, THEN we can place them all the over the place. It's on the ol' todo list, just not super high up there :P

1. This might be a little redundant, but maybe there could be some alternative to bank space that could give players more available slots, just in a different form? If Adventure Time content shows up, it could be those magic chests. They’d be placed in the more “adventurous” areas like Really Twisted Forest and Huntor’s Crest, like pit stops in places where banks wouldn’t be very necessary. Could free up a lot of space in the inventory, if it’s possible.

2. On some of the timed missions, it would be better if the objective was changed from hitting “COMPLETE MISSION” to just reaching the person you need to reach, then having as long as you need to talk to them and complete it. Just one less step when things get tight.

Inventory/bank space is a really complicated issue to understand, but basically, even adding additional banks won't solve the problem or allow for more bank/inventory space. The inventory shares its slots with the bank, for a total 250. In regards to just expanding the inventory slots, it simply can't be done in any reasonable way or timeframe. The slot limit is extremely ingrained in the internal workings of the game. Really the only alternative we have is E-mail, which is still obviously limited, but get a bit done in that regard. Of all things to expect to ever happen with Retro, an increased Inventory/bank is probably never going to be able to happen.

Lotsa neat ideas in here, keep the suggestions coming!

SilverDiver771

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 07:52:05 AM »
Please, oh my goodness, PLEASE add power shopkeepers next to the nano stations in IZs.

Mega4500

• FusionFall Youtuber (mostly). IGN: Plants 10000
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
Thank you Devan for responding to a few of the suggestions :)

As he said, keep the suggestions coming. One of them could make their way into the game one day ;)

Please, oh my goodness, PLEASE add power shopkeepers next to the nano stations in IZs.
This would be a good idea. Dont know how hard it would be to do, but i´d definitely help us big race fans out there.

GrizzilyCowboy64

• I follow Atua. Side Note: Meat on the Bone
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »
I guess an interesting addition would be to buff certain powers? Like snare, guard, or sleep. Would give some of the least used nanos a purpose.

facelessvoid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »
idk if it's possible but I'd like to see some sort of trading house

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »

Question, you know how the platforms for the Forsaken Valley Airship were sped up in the Ben 10 Update? Would it be possible to do the same thing to the platforms for the City Station tower?

I say this because much like the airship, the tower is something that shouldn't take a lot of unnecessary time to get to, and even more importantly, as you said, the guide changers cannot be moved from their position in the map, and it just so happens that the OG devs placed the City Station guide changer at the very bottom of the tower. So if you wanted to change your guide there, you would have to jump down from the tower all the way to the guide changer, change your guide, and then partake in the laborious task of getting back up to the tower again. I think it takes about a minute or longer to get back up to the tower, whereas you can now get to the Airship in about 15 seconds, if not less.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you take this into consideration!  ;D

cosmaline

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 02:12:40 PM »
Some of the monsters at the top of the Galaxy Gardens tower are really obnoxious to deal with. The ones really close to the edge of the uppermost level will clip up and down between the top level and the level below, making them almost impossible to fight unless you can kite them into following you to more stable ground. I had an encounter at the top of the tower yesterday where a Skeeter Spawn would hit me once, clip through the ground and disappear (ending combat), clip back up and reappear, hit me once, and disappear again.

Wuzmart

• Do you sleep? You will.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2019, 02:23:10 PM »

Question, you know how the platforms for the Forsaken Valley Airship were sped up in the Ben 10 Update? Would it be possible to do the same thing to the platforms for the City Station tower?

I say this because much like the airship, the tower is something that shouldn't take a lot of unnecessary time to get to, and even more importantly, as you said, the guide changers cannot be moved from their position in the map, and it just so happens that the OG devs placed the City Station guide changer at the very bottom of the tower. So if you wanted to change your guide there, you would have to jump down from the tower all the way to the guide changer, change your guide, and then partake in the laborious task of getting back up to the tower again. I think it takes about a minute or longer to get back up to the tower, whereas you can now get to the Airship in about 15 seconds, if not less.

I never felt as there was ever any need to boost city station platforms because there is a simple time-saver.

Dexbot Q-12 hates this! With one simple trick you can get to the City Station in half a minute without any speed boost.

Just use this pad (the one in red square, of course)

and jump to the closest building

Jumping on this pad provides you with enough height to get to the station even without any speed nanos/vehicles in 35 seconds from guide changer.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:51:03 PM by Wuzmart »

killerspartain55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 02:27:40 PM »
hey !! ive got a few ideas for this !!

1. unlimited stamina for nanos during races/automatic potion drinking. ive lost so many races simply to just forgetting to keep my rocket nanos stocked on stamina, and going for an impossible jump that resets me completely. some races can also be kinda expensive on taros because of how long they are as well !! it'd be nice to have imo

2. permanent vehicles/extended rental on vehicles !!
id love to be able to permanently obtain vehicles, rather than renting one for ages. but if that's not easy or possible, extensions on rent time would be nice ! like being able to select an amount of weeks to have a vehicle, similar to selecting how many powerups you want to buy.

3. guide specific permanent vehicles would be extremely cool !! vehicles are the one equipment slot with nothing in it to represent guide merch. you could have a final guide mission that hands it out, and it'd be really neat !!

4. a general world chat/zone chat !!
it feels really difficult and awkward to find people to play with just through in-game encounters. your only hope is essentially waiting at hubs like blackhead, or the cul de sac to find people. instead, a zone specific chat to ask for help, or form grinding groups from everyone instead of people nearby. it'd also be more convenient to talk to people in general since you wouldn't have to stay anchored near them. you could absentmindedly explore blackhead while chilling and talking to people for instance

5. in-game group finders for quests that usually need groups !!
again, finding ppl to play with without using discord or hounding my friends over n over to play is rlly difficult, so something in-game that you can use to search for other people around your level doing a mission you're on would be great !! it's a multiplayer game, but it feels like single player 95% of the time.

6. difficult zone specific repeatable missions
there could be repeatable missions for every infected zone to go and defeat a really difficult enemy! they'd need a timer of course, but they could be daily/weekly, and have you fight challenging enemies that you'd need a group for. like the worldbosses put in a fusion lair !! it could be a neat alternative way to get racing gear, since some sets like the fusion wraith set (or whatever the glowing green skeleton one is called) take days to farm because of how long their race is.

7. an option to see the damage ranges of weapons (important to me)
picking up weapons and deciding how good they are matters a lot to me since the gear aspect of the game is important to me !! it'd be really nice to see the actual damage weapons will do rather than a rating of how good they are in types of combat. it could be a simple [✓] Advanced Weapon Information in the options menu !! also, a better explanation for the mechanics of the group rating vs the solo enemy rating because i still have no idea if the damage of your weapon changes based on how many enemies you're fighting. how does the rating work? i want to know the mechanics pls :(

8. Added info on nano abilities
one of the most confusing parts of a core element of the game is finding out the difference between different nano abilities. for instance, letting us know how long a nano with a passive ability will last without potions !! knowing that group run lasts 30 seconds shorter than self run can save us the pain of wasting run tokens and FM to swap eddy to see if he's better than numbah 2. also, knowing the damage of leach, drain, and damage effects and how they compare to each other, especially between the aoe and point counterparts of abilities. it'd make things easier for new players too !!

9. extra info on races, and leaderboards
it's just a simple request. show us the time, and amount of those race marker things collected by the top score. also, i rlly wanna know how many of those race marker things are in an IZ before starting the race ! as well as being able to see them on the minimap, similar to seeing monsters on the map with radar.

im sorry for the long list but i thought you'd like these ideas. personally, i /really/ want expanded information on nanos, weapons, and how defense works. being confused about core game mechanics feels bad.

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »

I never felt as there was ever any need to boost city station platforms because there is a simple time-saver.

Dexbot Q-12 hates this! With one simple trick you can get to the City Station in half a minute without any speed boost.

Jumping on this pad provides you with enough height to get to the station even without any speed nanos/vehicles in 35 seconds.

Oh, I never realized that there was an alternative. Thanks for pointing that out!  ;D

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 02:59:58 PM »

Jumping on this pad provides you with enough height to get to the station even without any speed nanos/vehicles in 35 seconds.

Oh, I never realized that there was an alternative. Thanks for pointing that out!  ;D
Also an entire mission is centered around getting to top of City Station in a certain amount of time, so there would really be no point in doing it.

Crosshair259

• IGN: Robin Protovoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure what I'm about to ask wouldn't be possible for retro but I think it would be good to mention anyway in case the devs reading could possibly put it into Legacy.

I think that the Radar/Treasure finder nano powers should show pod locations on the mini-map during infected zone races in order to help people who've never done the races before find pods and help them complete the race and be able to get the special items given by doing races.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.