Author Topic: Quality of Life suggestions (submit your own!)  (Read 3660 times)

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Quality of Life suggestions (submit your own!)
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2019, 10:54:24 PM »
I don't think this really counts as a quality of life suggestion per say, but it's a suggestion none the less.

There is an unused song in the game known as "Toxic Race". You can hear it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFdy-lYRmtw&feature=youtu.be

The track was used by the FFU team for the infected zone racing trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlC9B-H4FE

I personally think it would be cool if this track began playing whenever you started a race, and would fade out when you failed or finished one.

My two main questions are:

1. (To the devs) Would this be possible to do?

2. (To everyone else and also the devs) Would you like to see this as the official music for infected zone races?

The title of the track is "Toxic Race" so It probably wouldn't be surprising if this track was meant to be played whenever you started a race.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2019, 12:43:01 AM »
I think a 'Warp to Sector V' in addition to a 'Warp Away' button might be useful. This would be mainly to address the issue of people exploring further than they might be prepared, finding themselves stuck in situations where 'Warp Away' simply isn't enough to get them out of danger. The price is having to go all the way back to the start.

Also would it be at all possible to 'turn off' the camera automatically switching back to behind your character whenever you jump? There have been many times I would've liked to have taken a photo mid-jump, or simply wanted to view something from a different angle while jumping, but the way the camera works made it effort.

Ruth

• ℱancy Unicode doesn't make you special.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 01:15:14 AM »
Also would it be at all possible to 'turn off' the camera automatically switching back to behind your character whenever you jump? There have been many times I would've liked to have taken a photo mid-jump, or simply wanted to view something from a different angle while jumping, but the way the camera works made it effort.
I think you can hold the either Ctrl key while running (only with the A, S, D, and W keys for some reason) or jumping to keep your angle.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2019, 01:28:39 AM »
I think a 'Warp to Sector V' in addition to a 'Warp Away' button might be useful. This would be mainly to address the issue of people exploring further than they might be prepared, finding themselves stuck in situations where 'Warp Away' simply isn't enough to get them out of danger. The price is having to go all the way back to the start.

For the first idea, I worry people might accidentally click the wrong button. I think when your menu gets disabled during the countdown you should be able to cancel and/or change between the two warps, just to ensure there aren’t any accidents.

For the second idea, I would love if the camera reverting could be stopped entirely. It would make platforming in certain areas a little more interesting, plus like you said it would create some cool shots.

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2019, 03:52:51 PM »
It boggles my mind there's not a Monkey Skyway Agent route from Devil's Bluff to Nowhere. They're incredibly nearby, and the amount of missions within the radius are many when you're around that level. This is a route that can be added if they ever do manage to find a way to adjust and add in new monkey routes.

Also, a SCAMPER from Forsaken Valley to The Precipice would be very convenient. It's similar from Peach Creek Commons to Endsville.

MoriBee

•  
    Community Manager

• Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2019, 07:37:11 PM »
For the second idea, I would love if the camera reverting could be stopped entirely. It would make platforming in certain areas a little more interesting, plus like you said it would create some cool shots.
Just hold left ctrl while moving/jumping. It allows you to move the camera freely without moving your character.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2019, 08:01:25 PM »
Just hold left ctrl while moving/jumping. It allows you to move the camera freely without moving your character.
How have I never discovered this. Thank you.

Ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2019, 08:08:39 PM »
I already said this above but to add on to this, you can also use the right Ctrl key. This feature only works with the A, S, D, and W keys (not the arrow keys for some reason). If you want to try this feature without using the mouse, you can use the Q and E keys to turn the camera while running in a direction and holding down the right Ctrl key.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:15:21 PM by Ruth »

d9328

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2019, 10:53:05 PM »
I've always felt there should be a guide changer in Forsaken Valley. It's the only main hub area without one. :-\ Also, if I want to try on one of the guide items sold by the guide vendors in Forsaken Valley, I have to use the Scamper to fly to one of the other hubs to change guides, then fly back to Forsaken Valley.

100% agree. At that point in the game is when you start reaching the level walls of 29 and 35. This will force you to start switching guides. The one at City Station also needs to be relocated from the bottom of the building to the top, perhaps next to the Nano Station.
How about across from the Mandroid? There's an empty spot there, if I recall correctly/

carpengui

• Where did all this green stuff come from?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2019, 06:45:04 PM »
1. Every monkey lines tower should have a jump pad adjacent to it.  That's not the case with a couple in the monkey foothills, for example, plus I *think* there's one in the vicinity of Area 51... and as a result, the transport it provides is almost useless. 
(Of course, I'd also prefer a few 2-way monkey lines).
>> There is probably a few reasons for things being excluded:  I realize that there a Coco Egg next to the tower at the north end of Forgotten Falls... probably to make it less convenient to get to.  But there's another one next to the same monkey line path just 2 towers away - and that has a jump pad.

(Does the line from Fuzzy's house to Mt. Blackhead still vanish inexplicably?)

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2019, 08:43:17 PM »
It would be nice to have Dexbots inside of infected zones to sell boosts and potions, especially at infected zones where there are no vendors nearby such as Green Maw. This would make things much more convenient, especially for racing.

LeonSteamhawk

• IGN: Zeke Zerozenith
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »
Seeing our Buddies on the minimap would be neat. Probably not possible in Retro, but with the amount of stuff they've done who knows? :)

Ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2019, 04:21:06 PM »
Seeing our Buddies on the minimap would be neat. Probably not possible in Retro, but with the amount of stuff they've done who knows? :)
I might be misremembering this but I'm pretty sure that you can already see your group members like this on your minimap. Extending this feature to buddies might be unnecessary unless there was a way to disable it.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »
There are two things I really want to see at the moment that would make my life so much easier: one is a SCAMPER from Mount Blackhead to Nowhere, similar to Peach Creek and Endsville (working for Edd becomes such a drag once Courage becomes your mission handler) and the other is the option to preview vehicles - I've had to waste quite a bit of taros having to buy a vehicle just because I wanted to see what it looks like when equipped.

super late reply but wow this changed my life thank you so much

Slavin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2019, 01:45:10 PM »
1. This might be a little redundant, but maybe there could be some alternative to bank space that could give players more available slots, just in a different form? If Adventure Time content shows up, it could be those magic chests. They’d be placed in the more “adventurous” areas like Really Twisted Forest and Huntor’s Crest, like pit stops in places where banks wouldn’t be very necessary. Could free up a lot of space in the inventory, if it’s possible.

2. On some of the timed missions, it would be better if the objective was changed from hitting “COMPLETE MISSION” to just reaching the person you need to reach, then having as long as you need to talk to them and complete it. Just one less step when things get tight.

3. In the Catacombs, instead of having the objective be “Go talk to General Tso/Mel Anzana,” lead the player to their base entrances. Because it’s all one area, the entrances act more like a teleportation device. As a result, the mission tracker leads the player towards areas they can’t reach, instead of where they need to go. It would be a lot easier for new players who aren’t familiar with the area.

Bank space has been talked about a great deal by myself included and as far as the devs are aware it's not possible to get more bank space.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.