Author Topic: Quality of Life suggestions (submit your own!)  (Read 2671 times)

Mega4500

• FusionFall Youtuber (mostly). IGN: Plants 10000
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
Quality of Life suggestions (submit your own!)
« on: August 06, 2019, 05:09:10 PM »
So Retro has been receiving more and more "QOL" or "Quality of Life" updates each time, aside from the major updates. Here are a few suggestions i have that could be implemented and make the game better, or at least more customizable or closer to the OG game.

1- Re-adding the old walking animations. Allow us to switch between the new and old animations, allows more customizability.

2- More bug fixes and crash fixes. Always welcome.

3- Maybe try adding more monkey skyway agents to areas that dont have them like Marquee Row?

4- Custom resolutions and windowless mode would be nice

What other suggestions do you all have that could make Retro better?

Ruth

• ℱancy Unicode doesn't make you special.
    • View Profile
Re: Quality of Life suggestions (submit your own!)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:12:15 PM »
The developers should add a Boosts and Potions Vendor to Genius Grove, it's the only vendor missing from there. It will certainly help with racing as you won't have to fly to Endsville or Peach Creek Commons to restock on gumballs or potions when you're running low.

Sylve

• I'm not much I'm just Sylve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 05:21:34 PM »
Marquee Row doesn't really need skyway agent since it has the slider end.

The developers should add a Boosts and Potions Vendor to Genius Grove, it's the only vendor missing from there. It will certainly help with racing as you won't have to fly to Endsville or Peach Creek Commons to restock on gumballs or potions when you're running low.
There's a boosts and potions vendor in the infected zone I think.

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »
I have no idea if it's even possible but I'd like to see the monkey skyway agents improved. I strongly think that each MSA port should have at least 2 destinations. For example, Devil's Bluff could be connected to Nowhere, Pimpleback Mountains and maybe even Really Twisted Forest. Maybe also improve the Scampers so you can warp to any Scamper from Sector V and Endsville, instead of only Peach Creek. I'll never understand why some of these warp points only have one destination.

I'd also like the option to rent vehicles for longer than a week, especially with all of the unique vehicles scattered around the world now. You'd have to pay more taros of course but at least you don't have to travel to and from the vendors so often.

Ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 05:28:00 PM »
There's a boosts and potions vendor in the infected zone I think.
I never noticed that there were Boosts and Potions Vendors in Infected Zones since I only remembered seeing Power Shopkeepers and Nano Stations there. I'll check later, thanks.

cosmaline

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 06:24:06 PM »
My biggest graphical gripe was recently removed (goodbye, ugly blurry slider tracks!), so not much comes to mind at the moment, but some of the communication popups you get during quests from unrelated characters to inform you that they have a mission for you are lacking some important information.

For example, today I was doing some missions for Dexter and Mandark and got a message from Juniper Lee asking me to come talk to her when I'm done with them. That's great, but there was no information given about where to find her. Unless you already know she's in Nowhere, her message is fairly useless to you. This specific instance would be doubly confusing for an uninformed player because I received the message at level 21, but even if I managed to find Juniper Lee immediately, she doesn't offer quests until level 23.

This is an extremely minor complaint because you pretty much always come across these people eventually, but not knowing where to go always bugs me because I'll likely forget who I'm trying to find by the time I find them. :-\

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Item Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 06:41:18 PM »
I suggest adding a Monkey Skyway Agent from Pimpleback to Haunted Ridge and vice-versa. Another one is for you to fly from Endsville to City Point as well as Habitat Homes to City Point. We can also relocate the monkey at Bravo Beach closer to the Sand Castle Infected Zone.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:15:31 PM by InfinitePossibilities »

Ruth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 02:38:44 AM »
Another suggestion I have is an option to disable the pop-up that appears every time you log in. It might be a good alternative to the Developer's Blog and FusionFall Retro homepage at first but could get annoying after I've seen it multiple times. It is especially annoying when I log into another account to transfer items between my characters. Since the developers created the setting to enable and disable the New Chat, they probably won't have a problem implementing a setting to disable news pop-ups.

GrizzilyCowboy64

• I follow Atua. Side Note: Meat on the Bone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 05:55:07 AM »
Monkey Skyway to Townsville park, that's all I ask for.

DiscoPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 06:11:26 AM »
There already is one  :o

Mega4500

• FusionFall Youtuber (mostly). IGN: Plants 10000
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 09:09:15 AM »
There are no Boosts and Potion vendors inside IZ´s

I have no idea if it's even possible but I'd like to see the monkey skyway agents improved. I strongly think that each MSA port should have at least 2 destinations. For example, Devil's Bluff could be connected to Nowhere, Pimpleback Mountains and maybe even Really Twisted Forest. Maybe also improve the Scampers so you can warp to any Scamper from Sector V and Endsville, instead of only Peach Creek. I'll never understand why some of these warp points only have one destination.

I'd also like the option to rent vehicles for longer than a week, especially with all of the unique vehicles scattered around the world now. You'd have to pay more taros of course but at least you don't have to travel to and from the vendors so often.
I fully agree with the Monkey Skyway change. Give us more areas to travel to!
As for vehicles, with how easily you can find vehicles nowdays i dont think its necessary to extend their time. The price reduction and DX vehicles are good enough.

My biggest graphical gripe was recently removed (goodbye, ugly blurry slider tracks!), so not much comes to mind at the moment, but some of the communication popups you get during quests from unrelated characters to inform you that they have a mission for you are lacking some important information.

For example, today I was doing some missions for Dexter and Mandark and got a message from Juniper Lee asking me to come talk to her when I'm done with them. That's great, but there was no information given about where to find her. Unless you already know she's in Nowhere, her message is fairly useless to you. This specific instance would be doubly confusing for an uninformed player because I received the message at level 21, but even if I managed to find Juniper Lee immediately, she doesn't offer quests until level 23.

This is an extremely minor complaint because you pretty much always come across these people eventually, but not knowing where to go always bugs me because I'll likely forget who I'm trying to find by the time I find them. :-\
This is a weird one. I agree how that can be annoying for an uninformed player, but i feel like its a way to get people to explore the world and find characters. If it was removed i dont know what could be done to replace it, as even fewer people read emails and journals for info.

I suggest adding a Monkey Skyway Agent from Pimpleback to Haunted Ridge and vice-versa. Another one is for you to fly from Endsville to City Point as well as Habitat Homes to City Point. We can also relocate the monkey at Bravo Beach closer to the Sand Castle Infected Zone.
These are good, except the Bravo Beach change. Its in a good spot already.

There already is one  :o
He meant from City Station to Townsville Park, which i also fully agree. We can travel to anywhere from City Station except there, and many of Ben´s guide missions alongside lvl 16 missions will have to traveling constantly thru the 2 areas, and having to go thru the inbetween of City Hall can get annoying. A 1 way from the 2 would be appreciated.

Keep suggesting everyone! The devs tend to read the forums constantly for suggestions, so make your voice heard! Your change could be implemented.

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 02:57:48 PM »
Another suggestion I have is an option to disable the pop-up that appears every time you log in. It might be a good alternative to the Developer's Blog and FusionFall Retro homepage at first but could get annoying after I've seen it multiple times. It is especially annoying when I log into another account to transfer items between my characters. Since the developers created the setting to enable and disable the New Chat, they probably won't have a problem implementing a setting to disable news pop-ups.

I agree with this. There should be an option to disable that. A potential problem would have to be when there's a new update and you miss the pop-up, however.

Another quality of life suggestion would have to be increased inventory space; however, we know the devs have a hard coded limit on that.

Another quality of life suggestion would be to make recall actually super useful in the game. Basically, recall points could be placed outside of infected zones, maybe near revive zones, you register there, and if you want to, you can use your recall nano to quickly teleport back. This will be super useful during the mid 20s levels when you're constantly going back from Downtown to The Wilds. Imagine registering at the revive zone at Tech Square, you do your missions at Area 51.5, and when they call you back, you can instantly use your revive nano. In order to not abuse it, you'll have to 3 to 5 minutes for yourself to be able to do it again.

LeonSteamhawk

• IGN: Zeke Zerozenith
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »
I've always felt there should be a guide changer in Forsaken Valley. It's the only main hub area without one. :-\ Also, if I want to try on one of the guide items sold by the guide vendors in Forsaken Valley, I have to use the Scamper to fly to one of the other hubs to change guides, then fly back to Forsaken Valley.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:47:58 PM by LeonSteamhawk »

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 04:03:11 PM »
1. This might be a little redundant, but maybe there could be some alternative to bank space that could give players more available slots, just in a different form? If Adventure Time content shows up, it could be those magic chests. They’d be placed in the more “adventurous” areas like Really Twisted Forest and Huntor’s Crest, like pit stops in places where banks wouldn’t be very necessary. Could free up a lot of space in the inventory, if it’s possible.

2. On some of the timed missions, it would be better if the objective was changed from hitting “COMPLETE MISSION” to just reaching the person you need to reach, then having as long as you need to talk to them and complete it. Just one less step when things get tight.

3. In the Catacombs, instead of having the objective be “Go talk to General Tso/Mel Anzana,” lead the player to their base entrances. Because it’s all one area, the entrances act more like a teleportation device. As a result, the mission tracker leads the player towards areas they can’t reach, instead of where they need to go. It would be a lot easier for new players who aren’t familiar with the area.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:08:14 PM by Poppleworks »

InfinitePossibilities

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
I've always felt there should be a guide changer in Forsaken Valley. It's the only main hub area without one. :-\ Also, if I want to try on one of the guide items sold by the guide vendors in Forsaken Valley, I have to use the Scamper to fly to one of the other hubs to change guides, then fly back to Forsaken Valley.

100% agree. At that point in the game is when you start reaching the level walls of 29 and 35. This will force you to start switching guides. The one at City Station also needs to be relocated from the bottom of the building to the top, perhaps next to the Nano Station.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.