Author Topic: New NPC Idea - Dr. Animo  (Read 187 times)

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
New NPC Idea - Dr. Animo
« on: September 05, 2019, 06:09:48 PM »
Hi all,

This is a totally wild idea (literally) and I doubt it would ever actually happen, but I had a really cool idea that I wanted to throw it out there just for the heck of it.

There are a lot of Ben 10 NPCs in the game aside from the main cast, including Vilgax, Hex, various Plumbers, and Tetrax. They all have roles and two of them even have Nanos, though I question if Hex was really worthy of one. But there's a Ben 10 villain who I think would have been perfect for FusionFall but was never introduced: Dr. Animo.

For those unfamiliar, Dr Aloysius Animo is a mad scientist whose whole shtick is mutation and genetic experiments, mostly on animals but he's tried to experiment on Ben and his alien DNA a few times. In the original series he had a device called the transmodulator, a helmet that allowed him to mutate animals and he even reanimated a T-Rex and a woolly mammoth back to life in his debut. I honestly can't think why Animo was never part of the game, he was certainly notable enough as he's appeared in all 5 Ben 10 shows and both of the animated movies.

I've thought a lot about how easily Animo could fit into the game. If I were to add him in, I'd have him in the wilds, maybe around the camp area in Acorn Flats, which is a notoriously boring place at the moment. His missions could involve retrieving DNA from Fuse's monsters for him to study, and maybe Gwen could have you spy on him to add a little extra to it. He could even bring new items into the game, such as the transmodulator helmet (which could also include his goggles, kind of like the solomon hat), or items based on his animal minions like his mutant frog.

Again, I doubt this would ever actually be implemented, but I thought it was a cool enough concept to share with you guys.

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Item Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Re: New NPC Idea - Dr. Animo
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 06:35:02 PM »
If the devs ever included the cancelled Petting Zoo, I can definitely see Dr. Animo playing a central role there. I approve of this idea.  :)

Zor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 08:43:54 PM »
I remember in that omniverse episode he is a old business partner of Argost so Animo already has ties to other shows and seeing him possibly expand his research to EVOs, Imaginary Friends, or fusions could be very interesting. And I agree that the Transmodulator would a good hat, but think the goggles would be better as a item.

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »
Honestly, outside of Vilgax and Hex (and maybe even beating out Hex) I think Dr. Animo is the most iconic Ben 10 villain. He really does have a natural place in this world, too, and I think the game could use another couple of villains. If we're gonna add new Ben 10 characters, I think Animo really is the best choice! (Plus I REALLY want that hat!  ;D)

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 04:28:58 PM »
Honestly, outside of Vilgax and Hex (and maybe even beating out Hex) I think Dr. Animo is the most iconic Ben 10 villain. He really does have a natural place in this world, too, and I think the game could use another couple of villains. If we're gonna add new Ben 10 characters, I think Animo really is the best choice! (Plus I REALLY want that hat!  ;D)

I would certainly agree that Animo is one of the most iconic villains in the series, far more so than Hex, who really got overshadowed by Charmcaster anyway. In the original show he was my third favourite villain after Kevin 11 and Vilgax. He appeared in every season of the original show, and all 5 Ben 10 cartoons.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.