Author Topic: Lore Question: Are Fusions Stronger Than Their Counterparts?  (Read 335 times)

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
Lore Question: Are Fusions Stronger Than Their Counterparts?
« on: September 06, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »
Is there a definitive answer as to how Fusions stack up against their non-Fusion counterparts? Are they specifically designed to be more powerful, is the process too flawed to make them as powerful, or is it a case-by-case situation?

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Item Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Re: Lore Question: Are Fusions Stronger Than Their Counterparts?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:29:31 PM »
They're not stronger than their counterparts. At the absolute pinnacle, they're as strong as them, perhaps Fusion Samurai Jack and Samurai Jack himself. I think it was Fusion Jack who managed to give Samurai Jack his scar.

Some Fusions can be strong and cunning. For example, when you do the Him nano mission, Blossom was unfortunately trapped by Fusion Him. Since Blossom is much older in FusionFall and therefore much more experienced compared to the cartoon PPG, that's a huge feat.

darkfinalhazard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 06:38:11 PM »
The answer that seems to make the most sense would be that most Fusions are on par with or slightly stronger than the original being. However, due to an apparent limit to how much power Fuse can provide each clone during creation, copies of exceptionally powerful entities will be unable to use the full range of abilities available to the original. This would explain things like why Fusion Ben/Albedo can't transform, or why Fusion Grim can't just reap everyone on Earth. It's also supported by the fact that the two most powerful clones in the Fusion Army are canonically stated to be Demongo and Kevin 11; both people who can absorb energy from other sources to make up the difference.

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »
They're not stronger than their counterparts. At the absolute pinnacle, they're as strong as them, perhaps Fusion Samurai Jack and Samurai Jack himself. I think it was Fusion Jack who managed to give Samurai Jack his scar.

Some Fusions can be strong and cunning. For example, when you do the Him nano mission, Blossom was unfortunately trapped by Fusion Him. Since Blossom is much older in FusionFall and therefore much more experienced compared to the cartoon PPG, that's a huge feat.

That makes sense, but what about characters like Billy, Cheese, Eddy, or the Mayor - characters that are probably not super useful to duplicate on a physical sense. Would Fusion Billy be as imposing as a 10 year old? Or would Fuse jack him up to be more of a threat?

NesMettaur

• Poppi Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 09:37:02 PM »

That makes sense, but what about characters like Billy, Cheese, Eddy, or the Mayor - characters that are probably not super useful to duplicate on a physical sense. Would Fusion Billy be as imposing as a 10 year old? Or would Fuse jack him up to be more of a threat?
I have no doubt that Fusion Billy is more intelligent and cunning than Billy is, which makes him infinitely less of a threat to life on Earth.

Keflafan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 10:18:29 PM »
So this brings me to the idea that what if fuse capture one of the main heros And gets all of their dna to make an near perfect replica of their counterpart's would that make them near impossible to beat since it's an near perfect replica of that specific chachter?

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Item Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 05:35:00 AM »
So this brings me to the idea that what if fuse capture one of the main heros And gets all of their dna to make an near perfect replica of their counterpart's would that make them near impossible to beat since it's an near perfect replica of that specific chachter?

Impossible is a strong word. Through the combined efforts of science, technology, magic, imaginary energy, and most especially the power of friendship, Fusions can be defeated, including the stronest ones such as Fusion Samurai Jack, Demongo, and Kevin Levin.

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 11:51:26 AM »
I believe that Fusions represent their original counterparts at their worst. The negative traits that may lie within each character are magnified in the bastardized copies generated by Fuse - some more obvious or threatening than others. For example, Jack is a skilled swordsman, noble but not someone to be trifled with. Fusion Jack is what he fears becoming - an individual who has lost that discipline or care for others and is instead consumed by the violence of fighting (this idea actually has been explored in the show in the form of Mad Jack and Season 5's arc). Alternatively, Billy is an idiot - friendly and good-natured, but an idiot nonetheless. Billy however, can have moments where he is exceedingly selfish and impulsive, putting himself and others at risk to get what he wants. Fusion Billy is a manifestation of that wild, unpredictable side - becoming animalistic in how it causes wanton destruction by pursuing what it immediately desires ('animalistic' being especially exemplified in how Fusion Billy is depicted as darting about on all fours).

I actually posted a very primitive version of this hypothesis a long time ago which I'd like to rewrite and revive sometime. The idea isn't necessarily that either is stronger (although obviously the good guys ultimately win), but that Fusions are the most dangerous because they are the versions of ourselves we are most afraid of.

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »
I believe that Fusions represent their original counterparts at their worst. The negative traits that may lie within each character are magnified in the bastardized copies generated by Fuse - some more obvious or threatening than others. For example, Jack is a skilled swordsman, noble but not someone to be trifled with. Fusion Jack is what he fears becoming - an individual who has lost that discipline or care for others and is instead consumed by the violence of fighting (this idea actually has been explored in the show in the form of Mad Jack and Season 5's arc). Alternatively, Billy is an idiot - friendly and good-natured, but an idiot nonetheless. Billy however, can have moments where he is exceedingly selfish and impulsive, putting himself and others at risk to get what he wants. Fusion Billy is a manifestation of that wild, unpredictable side - becoming animalistic in how it causes wanton destruction by pursuing what it immediately desires ('animalistic' being especially exemplified in how Fusion Billy is depicted as darting about on all fours).

I actually posted a very primitive version of this hypothesis a long time ago which I'd like to rewrite and revive sometime. The idea isn't necessarily that either is stronger (although obviously the good guys ultimately win), but that Fusions are the most dangerous because they are the versions of ourselves we are most afraid of.

Woah. That actually makes a ton of sense?? Like, Numbuh 1 is a leader of a team, but Fusion Numbuh 1 is a master of pets - his three Fusion Spawns. Fusion Kevin is the monster Kevin worked so hard not to be. Fusion Wilt...has robot parts? Some of them are clearer than others  ;D

For real, though, that's brilliant, and I can absolutely work with that!

admiralflashdodger

• Writer, Adventurer and Omnitrix Wielder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 02:48:43 PM »
I know this question is regarding lore, but I wonder how levels work canonically. For example, you can fight Fusion Eddy at level 2, level 9, and level 36, and of course he's tougher to fight each time as he's a higher level. So if Eddy and Level 2 Fusion Eddy were equally matched, in theory Level 36 Fusion Eddy would stomp the real Eddy, right?

I can think of quite a few gameplay elements that make sense from our point of view as players, but wouldn't really make as much sense in the lore. I kind of want to disregard them and think "It's just a game", but I also want to look further into it. I'm starting to think we need a specific thread board just for these lore questions, they've been popping up like crazy lately.

NesMettaur

• Poppi Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »
I know this question is regarding lore, but I wonder how levels work canonically. For example, you can fight Fusion Eddy at level 2, level 9, and level 36, and of course he's tougher to fight each time as he's a higher level. So if Eddy and Level 2 Fusion Eddy were equally matched, in theory Level 36 Fusion Eddy would stomp the real Eddy, right?

I can think of quite a few gameplay elements that make sense from our point of view as players, but wouldn't really make as much sense in the lore. I kind of want to disregard them and think "It's just a game", but I also want to look further into it. I'm starting to think we need a specific thread board just for these lore questions, they've been popping up like crazy lately.
Traditionally, experience and levels are representative of... well, experience in combat. The more experienced you are, the more versatile your skills become and the more capable you are against tougher opponents. I think this extends to equipment as well, the better weapons or armors usually being more unwieldy or cumbersome to someone that isn't adept enough to make the most of it.

In FusionFall; since "experience" is actually a pool of Fusion Matter that you use to create Nanos with, most of the armor is some form of common clothing such as t-shirts, and a lot of the weapons are just more damaging variants of prior differently-colored weapons, I think it's just one of those "it's a gameplay thing, don't think about it too much" things.

The only thing that I think is clear is that the enemies and Fusions deeper into the Darklands are far more dangerous than those elsewhere, since they're in such close proximity to Fuse's Lair and in general the most infected areas on the entire planet. Other than that, there's not really much of an explanation I can think of for why the monsters in the Future where most of the world is infected are significantly weaker than their differently-named counterparts that show up at the same locations in the past. (Or even same-named counterparts in the case of the Tech Square enemies.)

Zor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 04:40:45 PM »
If you want a lore reason for weapons scaling with level, its probably better for a new soldier to practice with a basic handgun before getting a more dangerous firearm.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.