Author Topic: Unofficial Community Events?  (Read 475 times)

Slavin

• View Profile
    • Email
Unofficial Community Events?
« on: October 07, 2019, 06:42:00 PM »
Fusionfall has a small community with populations rising and falling with each new update since most veteran players don't really have much to do with exception to things like racing and the like.

My question to everyone is what the opinion on holding unofficial events would be. We've seen small events take place before, what comes to mind for me at least is the appreciation day that was held for the developers. But what about other events for the community? Maybe we could hold server-wide races or get as many players as possible to take down every boss in the game together. These are just ideas that I thought I would throw out there. Maybe this exact same question has been asked before but I felt like it wouldn't hurt to bring it up.

sans

•  
    Community Team

• Don't shoot the messenger
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Unofficial Community Events?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 12:27:11 AM »
There is actually an entire subforum dedicated to this. "Spotlighted Events & In-Game Meet-Ups" right above "Fall-Bay: Trading" is meant for this exact purpose. Maybe if this is a thing you'd like to see happen, start the trend?

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Item Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 05:32:01 AM »
Having unofficial events are fantastic for the community. They help increase morale and form closer bonds with our online friends, especially when the game hasn't had an update in a relatively long time. The more unofficial events there are, the happier the community is. We're a small community. If someone is hosting an event, many people want to join in on the fun, even if there is no prize at all.

In the somewhat nearby future, I'll be hosting another event with a larger prize pool than the Hide N Seek event I had a couple months ago. The goal is to reach 500 subs for my channel which I'm well over 90% there. Details will be announced around the time that happens.

ILLESTxMEXICAN

• Leader of Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 10:14:31 AM »
Fusionfall has a small community with populations rising and falling with each new update since most veteran players don't really have much to do with exception to things like racing and the like.

My question to everyone is what the opinion on holding unofficial events would be. We've seen small events take place before, what comes to mind for me at least is the appreciation day that was held for the developers. But what about other events for the community? Maybe we could hold server-wide races or get as many players as possible to take down every boss in the game together. These are just ideas that I thought I would throw out there. Maybe this exact same question has been asked before but I felt like it wouldn't hurt to bring it up.

I love hosting grind competitions and race competitions but sadly haven't had the time but yeah there's community events hosted by players. Just gotta search for them

Indes

• Forum Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 04:03:01 AM »
I badly wanted to started a Rock/Paper/Scissors tourney where players can chip in a small fee to a prize pool that they can win. enough money and people and it could be split into two tourneys with Two difference host.

Sadly no one was available or interested in it so it never worked. maybe one day it will peak someone’s curiosity and they’ll try to pull it off.

ILLESTxMEXICAN

• Leader of Goon Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 04:38:43 PM »
I badly wanted to started a Rock/Paper/Scissors tourney where players can chip in a small fee to a prize pool that they can win. enough money and people and it could be split into two tourneys with Two difference host.

Sadly no one was available or interested in it so it never worked. maybe one day it will peak someone’s curiosity and they’ll try to pull it off.
Next on the list. We got this

Askzven

• woah what's going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 05:21:11 PM »

it's an idea, but there are a million and one ways it could go messy, paying for an event? someone's would obviously take advantage or ruin it for everybody for sure

Indes

• Forum Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 11:10:53 PM »

it's an idea, but there are a million and one ways it could go messy, paying for an event? someone's would obviously take advantage or ruin it for everybody for sure

Not necessarily.
How mine would operate the entire prize pool would comprise of the small fee you pay, or if not the fee you paid would be small compared to what you could win. So on top of winning whatever items we're in said tourney you would get your money back + other earnings. I was also thinking of making an option of ''Take or leave'' where you can challenge the host at the end of the tourney to add to your earnings or lose a percentage of you're net income from the game (Taros would be reduced but you maintain the items like Solomon, ace jackets, guitars, etc) this would of course be voluntary and not something you have to do if you win.

Of course there's room for abuse in this system, but I wouldn't be expecting it to be run by a bunch of low scammers but a organized group of players and some nice community backing or credibility for it. I see something like this being a very fun and profitable game for the community despite it being so small.

I have also thought about giving all 36 nanos some kind of pokemon/yugioh type of mechanics for a more serious meta-game using their actual in-game abilities against each other rather then the more luck based Rock / paper/ scissors. For instance grouping 3-4 people and having two players there for the ''duel'' a host and a witness to prevent cheating on the host part, you can see what ability each nano uses. Of course there are a lot of abilities in the game so we'd have to limit what actual abilities can be used (Revive, heal, drain,etc) and go from there. It would be cool to bring a meta-game to FusionFall I just don't think many people would be interested in bringing it together.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.