Author Topic: Gangreen Gang Jacket Update Suggestion/Concept  (Read 674 times)

Professor_Utonium

• cagey network unit
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
Gangreen Gang Jacket Update Suggestion/Concept
« on: November 04, 2019, 11:33:28 AM »

Gang's all here!

Hey guys, it's Professor Utonium / Roxie Leeblossom / Austin, however you know me as! I'm not really an avid forum user outside of my Boss Mob Survival Guides, and for posting my entry to the Summer Writing Contest. But recently, I've discovered a hidden power laying in the forums. I'm not sure how to explain it, besides the fact that the forums is a great place to be heard, even within the many strange alleys of the community.

Yesterday, Ace and Belladonna kicked those annoying groupies to the curb and welcomed the rest of the band to hang out with them! It was always weird that the Gangreen Gang were presented as a band in the FusionFall universe, but only Ace and Belladonna were around. Now Big Billy, Lil' Arturo, Snake, and Grubber have "Delightful Children"'d themselves around Ace to liven up the world, including idle animations and some barker text to match. You might remember the FusionFall designs of these guys from the discontinued Legacy Picture of the Day.

With these guys now permanently stinking up the town, I got to thinking... Everyone knows about a series of five jackets obtainable in the game known as the Gangreen Gang Jackets, each with a respective color based off the member it's named after. The Snake Jacket is yellow, Grubber Jacket is blue, Big Billy Jacket is red, Lil' Arturo Jacket is green, and the Ace Jacket is black, (though the Arturo and Billy jacket colors were swapped for some reason.)

You might also know that the community commonly misnames the items CONSTANTLY. You've probably seen someone asking for a Red Ace, or a Blue Ace, despite the fact that there is only one Ace Jacket, the black one! (Two, if you count the Signed Jacket from the original game's Valentine's Event, and Retro's 2019 Birthday Bash.) I've tried my hardest to change the world, and make everyone call the items by the right names... To no avail...

So. Hear me out. Instead of changing the way the community talks about the item... Change the item! The community calls them Ace recolors, so it should be so. Doing this would change the Gangreen Gang Snake Jacket to the Gangreem Gang Yellow Ace Jacket, or just Gangreen Yellow Ace Jacket to remove some mouth vomit, and so on with the rest of the jackets. But, Roxie!? Why would we do that!? Remove the representation of those four guys!?

Feast your eyes on the NEW* Gangreen Gang Lil Arturo Jacket!

*Just a photo-edit!

In addition to the Ace Jacket, the four Recolors, and the Signed Jacket, a handful of new jackets should be added! These jackets would all still be black like Ace's, but instead change the color of the undershirt to match the models of each member! You'll have to forgive my crude photo-editing skills, (I'm not the best!), but I did my best to throw together some examples. Above you can see Roxie wearing the Signed Ace (normal one is on an alt!), with the shirt recolored red. In a perfect world, these new Jackets for Billy, Arturo, and Grubber wouldn't have the arm bands that Ace has, since their models lack it.

Sssssssssnake on the other hand, would get to keep the armbands, but changed to match the model. Honestly, if this idea became reality, it feels like this would end up being the most popular jacket. Billy and Grubber would receive green and purple shirts respectively. Changing the previous jackets to be simple recolors while adding these new jackets would help players with their communication in game, as people already refer to the other jackets as recolors, as well as fixing the color swapping issue between Arturo's and Billy's jackets. In fact, we don't even have to stop at these green guys.

Again, you'll have to imagine the armbands are gone, but I tried my best to edit in the gloves Belladonna wears into this Gangreen Gang Belladona Jacket concept. I figured since she is a member of the band, she deserves just as much as the other five.

And that's all I really have to say on that matter! In the past I suggested the design of the Love Bug vehicle, and recently a few friends have had their ideas they posted on the forums come to fruition in game. I'm so happy to have the rest of the Gang represented properly in game, so these jackets would just be an added bonus. Perhaps potential new grindables? we all know who wants those

I'd love to hear your feedback! Leave your thoughts, and follow @FNNHub and @FNNWeather on Twitter for more content from Roxie :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:44:25 PM by Professor_Utonium »

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gangreen Gang Jacket Update Suggestion/Concept
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 04:57:12 PM »
This seems like a great idea! The more stuff I don't have to come up with the better.

Plague

•  
    Community Team

• The stage is set, the curtain falls. It's showtime
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »
This seems like a great idea! The more stuff I don't have to come up with the better.
Lol

dusky

• wutwut wut wut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 01:25:22 PM »
I like this idea. In regards to the names being too wordy, maybe they could just be called '[Character]'s Leather Jacket', with any colour/design variations in parentheses. For example, 'Ace's Leather Jacket (Yellow)', 'Ace's Leather Jacket (Signed)', 'Snake's Leather Jacket'. The association with the Gangreen Gang would be better explained in the description of the item.

Indes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 03:02:41 PM »
+1 from me!
I do like having each shirt change to a different color to represent the gang, and new ace jacket designs would be nice to have!

Professor_Utonium

• cagey network unit
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »
I like this idea. In regards to the names being too wordy, maybe they could just be called '[Character]'s Leather Jacket', with any colour/design variations in parentheses. For example, 'Ace's Leather Jacket (Yellow)', 'Ace's Leather Jacket (Signed)', 'Snake's Leather Jacket'. The association with the Gangreen Gang would be better explained in the description of the item.

I really like this! I just went with what I did since it's how the game already named them, but they are super wordy!

GrizzilyCowboy64

• I follow Atua. Side Note: Meat on the Bone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »
The fingerless gloves are a nice touch, would totally make me wear the belladonna jacket no joke. Tbh the armbands (if there are any) should be green and black, that would be cool.

LeoDuchen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 08:09:54 PM »
I don't know... I really like the white shirt with the jackets

Professor_Utonium

• cagey network unit
    • View Profile
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 08:21:07 PM »
I don't know... I really like the white shirt with the jackets

This would be a brand new set of jackets, not replacements.

The community calls them Ace recolors, so it should be so. Doing this would change the Gangreen Gang Snake Jacket to the Gangreen Gang Yellow Ace Jacket, or just Gangreen Yellow Ace Jacket to remove some mouth vomit, and so on with the rest of the jackets

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.