Author Topic: Dud NPC Suggestions thread!  (Read 698 times)

P3e5a3c5e

• Crossover freak XD
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dud NPC Suggestions thread!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 05:49:11 PM »
Have the dog from PowerPuff Girls. You know, the one thatís always in danger.  ;D

knowledgeoftheearth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 06:16:31 PM »
I think we are forgetting the most important dud Npc : Plank!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 06:18:05 PM by knowledgeoftheearth »

Dtrix

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 07:31:48 PM »
Blastus and Thrasher from Robotomy in the junkyard, but unlike Larry 3000 Coop doesn't fix them
(You could even say Coop took parts from them to fix Larry)

darkfinalhazard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 08:36:03 PM »
Ms Bellum has always been a very conspicuous absence in this game, and this might be the best way to fix that. They could put her behind a half open window in City Hall to keep in line with the "Just Off-screen" rule.

knowledgeoftheearth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 09:03:01 PM »
Some Minor/reoccurring Characters to Flesh out the world a Bit and would be perfect Dud NPCS

The Powerpuff Girls:
Ms. Kean

Dexterís Laboratory:
Mee Mee
Lee Lee

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy:
Sperg
Pudn
Mindy

KND:
Lizzie DeVine

Johnny Bravo:
Suzy

Cow and Chicken:
Flem
Earl
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:19:38 PM by knowledgeoftheearth »

CrazEncyclomaniac

• The Omnitrix sells for 200 buck on Ebay
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 11:07:31 PM »
I think this is a very interesting and great way of including in new NPCs, however, my problem is that it is very debatable on how significant and important the character is.
For example, the rest of the Gangreen Gang being dud NPCs are alright in my book, since Ace was always portrayed as the leader, and they are basically one whole character.
I have a few thoughts with your suggestions as well: Adding Jimmy and Johnny as guards for the main entrance on the Cul-da-Sac? Great idea (although I don't know how that will work considering Captian Melonhead might be on the rise).
Characters like Muriel and Eustace are really important characters to the show where they are from, so I'm not fond of the idea of them just being duds.

Dtrix

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 12:33:18 AM »
I think this is a very interesting and great way of including in new NPCs, however, my problem is that it is very debatable on how significant and important the character is.
For example, the rest of the Gangreen Gang being dud NPCs are alright in my book, since Ace was always portrayed as the leader, and they are basically one whole character.
I have a few thoughts with your suggestions as well: Adding Jimmy and Johnny as guards for the main entrance on the Cul-da-Sac? Great idea (although I don't know how that will work considering Captian Melonhead might be on the rise).
Characters like Muriel and Eustace are really important characters to the show where they are from, so I'm not fond of the idea of them just being duds.
Like stated I feel Duds could always be upgraded. Doing so seems kinda trivial also. So having Muriel and Eustace as duds first would be a great way to get them in to begin with. (Especially with Muriel who I couldnít see anywhere except the porch). Also I feel saying Melonhead is a missing hero could work.. and the reason for him being missing is Jonny is doing other things.

0ddman

• there is a 100% chance I'll say something stupid..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »
My I suggest Ms. Bellum right next to the Mayor at city hall?

Devan

•  
    Game Master

• Witty personal text
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2019, 12:19:28 AM »
I think it might be important to kind of be flexible with what exactly a "dud NPC" might be. For example, I kind of feel like Fuzzy is effectively just a set piece, given that he was originally only involved with like one or two missions. Duds could very easily be NPCs that don't have much going on aside from a one off bit. In the case of the Gangreen Gang, they happened to work really well as basically just a set piece for Ace, given that that was kind of their role in the show.

For the Muriel example, I could see her rocking in her chair on her front porch, but also be involved in a mission or two. She would basically act as a glorified quest object. The same could be said about Sheep for example, given that we may want players to interact with him, but he doesn't really offer much outside being an objective for a mission.

jimes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2019, 01:49:27 AM »
I think it might be important to kind of be flexible with what exactly a "dud NPC" might be. For example, I kind of feel like Fuzzy is effectively just a set piece, given that he was originally only involved with like one or two missions. Duds could very easily be NPCs that don't have much going on aside from a one off bit. In the case of the Gangreen Gang, they happened to work really well as basically just a set piece for Ace, given that that was kind of their role in the show.

For the Muriel example, I could see her rocking in her chair on her front porch, but also be involved in a mission or two. She would basically act as a glorified quest object. The same could be said about Sheep for example, given that we may want players to interact with him, but he doesn't really offer much outside being an objective for a mission.

Awesome, I always thought the front porch was missing Muriel. Adding a character doesn't mean you have to add a whole new mission set, I think a lot of people would be happy with what you just suggested. And holy wow I would do anything for Sheep.

jimes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 02:16:49 AM »
And lastly just as a funny joke I think it'd be cool to put Moxy in a random location mopping up a mess (he's canonically the CN Janitor) , his barker text could be about him being envious of TOM's success and lamenting the fact his own clip show didn't take off, mentioning that he wished he got into the anime business.

Oh my god Moxy, yes please. I am such a huge advocate for representation of the small bumps CN would put in between shows. If TOM could make it in then I say these guys all deserve equal representation. Wedgies comes to mind as something that had a lot of fun characters that could easily be incorporated, plus they've already been requested a lot.

Nacho Bear has been requested a lot, he would be a fan favorite for sure. Plus he would be relatively easy, just plop him in the wilds like Fuzzy, maybe give him one silly mission about nachos to flesh it out (maybe the reward is a nacho-bear themed item, a shoutout to his raccoon friend?) and call it a day, I don't think anyone would be upset. Plus I think Cat-22 would look so dang cool in FF style.

How can you say no to these guys?

That is one cool cat

Taragonicing

• Thank you FFU for bringing back my childhood!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2019, 06:14:41 AM »
Adding Murial in a rocking chair in front of the house and maybe Eustace frustrated at his truck that's broken down, the car can even have a smoke like effect (that last bit is a tiny bit repetitive due to Kevin's car also being broken down)
I disagree with making Muriel and Eustace dud NPCs as they're too important to not get missions and they have no shortage of voice lines. (That is if there are plans to add them.)

Some good dud NPCs could be imaginary friends that can appear in or outside of Foster's Home as it's strange how they're only three NPCs there. They could even replace the Plumber vendors outside of the house. The Chupacabra and the CLYDEs can be a duds as there isn't a reason to give them missions. Monsters from Juniper Lee can make Orchid Bay feel a little closer to the show. Some Bean Scouts can appear in the Wilds since half the areas in the region come from Camp Lazlo.

Also is the tree in the pic actually in the game?

having imaginary friends as vendors is a brilliant idea! maybe if its not too much, they can also make the things that they sell to be something that related to the show or something that an imaginary friend could make/ sell such as: pizza party shirt, soap bombs, a stick, baseball hats, or any existing foster's home themed items in the game.

it always feels weird to me that there's no sign of the other imaginary friends in game, like did they got adopted by fuse and the other fusion? or they are in an underground bunker somewhere with madam foster? i feel like adding some of them, and maybe spreading them across the whole map would give the show more presences in the game.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.