Author Topic: The Launcher just won't open anymore...  (Read 182 times)

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
The Launcher just won't open anymore...
« on: November 07, 2019, 04:29:35 AM »
I've tried everything. I've repaired my VC++ redists, deactivated my antivirus, launched as admin. It just doesn't open, but it stays in task manager stuck at 10,000k(Memory), not doing anything. Anyone got a solution?

ChibuSama

• View Profile
    • My YT Channel
    • Email
Re: The Launcher just won't open anymore...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
Idk tbh but off the top of my head maybe try reinstalling and also try launching it in safe mode to see if it works.

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• If you read this you're a moose now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 05:31:37 PM »
If it's still in your task manager it probably didn't close properly last time and isn't opening because it already detects an instance running. Try ending that process and running it.

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 05:34:53 PM »
If it's still in your task manager it probably didn't close properly last time and isn't opening because it already detects an instance running. Try ending that process and running it.

Bro, it didn't even open in order for me to close it properly.. It just appears in the task manager and stays at 10,300 and does nothing when I launch it as admin.

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 04:07:20 PM »
Bump? Help? Anyone?

ChibuSama

• View Profile
    • My YT Channel
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 11:48:16 PM »
Have you tried running in safe mode?

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 05:12:22 AM »
Have you tried running in safe mode?
Yes, it does the same thing. I didn't see your first message for some reason, sorry.

In safe mode it gets stuck at 10,256K in Task Manager and just stops at that and nothing happens..

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
When I open mine it starts using up to hundreds of megabytes in the first few seconds. It may be that it's trying to load something but failing either due to files being missing or corrupted. Have you tried reinstalling via the button in the bottom left corner of the launcher? The option in control panel only uninstalls the launcher, not the game itself.

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »
When I open mine it starts using up to hundreds of megabytes in the first few seconds. It may be that it's trying to load something but failing either due to files being missing or corrupted. Have you tried reinstalling via the button in the bottom left corner of the launcher? The option in control panel only uninstalls the launcher, not the game itself.

I can't use the launcher, it doesn't appear. :-\

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »

Right, I confused this thread with a different one.

Have you reinstalled since deactivating your antivirus? If it deleted important files they would not be automatically restored and you'd need to reinstall before it works.

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 01:03:56 AM »

Right, I confused this thread with a different one.

Have you reinstalled since deactivating your antivirus? If it deleted important files they would not be automatically restored and you'd need to reinstall before it works.

I deactivated both my antivirus and firewall before uninstalling and redownloading and reinstalling the launcher.

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 01:06:25 AM »
What the..? I just tried opening it now and it worked for some reason??????????? WHAT THE?

Thank you guys, thank you for your patience with me, and your help!

StevieB219

•  
    Community Manager

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 02:33:03 AM »
Glad to hear it works. I'd recommend re-enabling your antivirus and firewall, just be sure to add exceptions so it doesn't try to quarantine Retro.

Allen

• IGN- Spikey Mikey
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 05:15:12 AM »
Glad to hear it works. I'd recommend re-enabling your antivirus and firewall, just be sure to add exceptions so it doesn't try to quarantine Retro.

Will Do! Locking now!

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.