Author Topic: Double FM Event & Other Potential Ideas  (Read 449 times)

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
Double FM Event & Other Potential Ideas
« on: November 09, 2019, 04:32:17 AM »
With the double FM event going on right now for the weekend, I think it's an excellent idea. It encourages more people to log in. Other games do similar things. For example, in the other game that I play, Marvel: Future Fight,  there is the once a month event for three days where you get to have double the gold and experience points. This encourages people to play more.

With the double XP event, I have some other suggestions:
- Double taros event? Instead of that, how about 24% more taros? And if you want, you can stack in your gumball bonus nano for 48% more taros. I think 24% more taros would be nice. If they implemented this during the Easter update where people lost hundreds of thousands of taros from the Easter vendor, it would encourage people to buy more eggs.

- Increased RNG event. They can make ultra rares drop 24% much more frequently. This would be great if you introduce a brand new super ultra rare.

- Croc pots are 50% off. This would encourage people to croc pot ther gear, especially when a new event or content update arrives. When the 2019 Birthday Bash arrived, I spent millions of taros croc potting all of my gear.

- All forms of transportation are 50% off. This includes vehicles, SCAMPERs, Monkey Skyway Agents, and Woosh Operators. Again, this can be used for when a new event or content update arrives. Also, I would like to have the Event Taxi to return for future events and content updates. One event taxi should be located at Sector V because a lot of new alts are created.

Any other ideas? They could cycle through these four once a month. Other thing they could do is they could include some of this in-between updates, especially when there's a drought in activity. This would cause a noticeable increase in player base.

For myself, I'm going to take advantage of this. My character, Speed Force, is almost level 36 and he has never done a single world mission. I'll go learn a brand new infected zone, and I'll try my best to push him to that final level.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:35:21 AM by InfinitePossibilities »

Plague

•  
    Community Team

• The stage is set, the curtain falls. It's showtime
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Double FM Event & Other Potential Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 06:06:00 AM »
I might be grasping at straws here, but I think for sure that the double FM thing is possibly to help get people up to cap for later patches so they can actually play the content.

Retron90

• -Installing Windows Update- IGN: Retron The FusionSlayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 03:38:50 PM »
This is a great post. Wizard101 and Pirate101 have a similar Member Benefits program which has every once in while a new benefit activates for players with active Membership. These benefits can be double Pet experience. Now, of course, Retro doesn't have a Membership and never will.

I think that maybe these smaller events could be activated not only randomly or set to a specific schedule but also may be a part of small Holiday patches. For example, next St. Patricks Day, there could be a "Luck of the Irish" effect where we get more Taros as well as maybe the Leprechaun set returning.

I might be grasping at straws here, but I think for sure that the double FM thing is possible to help get people up to cap for later patches so they can actually play the content.
I believe it's actually for both reasons. This event can cause both which is a win-win scenario for everyone from what I understand.

TheBigBoss999

• Yeah, I'd like a Cheese Nano.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 10:22:00 AM »
I was filling up my Fusion Matter meter for level 36, which is 293580 Fusion Matter. Incidentally, I found that even though I was supposed to get 30k FM on finishing a mission, I got only a portion of it, such that my FM meter is at 293579 FM (1 less than the limit). It's there to stay like that, I guess, until the Expansion. Any thoughts?

Finn_Hornhoover

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 12:18:42 PM »
I was filling up my Fusion Matter meter for level 36, which is 293580 Fusion Matter. Incidentally, I found that even though I was supposed to get 30k FM on finishing a mission, I got only a portion of it, such that my FM meter is at 293579 FM (1 less than the limit). It's there to stay like that, I guess, until the Expansion. Any thoughts?
This is intentional, this was implemented right after the Past came out I believe. Workaround for a nasty bug :)

InfinitePossibilities

• YouTuber, Universal Guide Editor
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 07:28:44 PM »
I might be grasping at straws here, but I think for sure that the double FM thing is possibly to help get people up to cap for later patches so they can actually play the content.

Conspiracy Time: Time Squad coming soon?!?! This coming week?! :O
Everything I say is speculation.

This is a great post. Wizard101 and Pirate101 have a similar Member Benefits program which has every once in while a new benefit activates for players with active Membership. These benefits can be double Pet experience. Now, of course, Retro doesn't have a Membership and never will.

I think that maybe these smaller events could be activated not only randomly or set to a specific schedule but also may be a part of small Holiday patches. For example, next St. Patricks Day, there could be a "Luck of the Irish" effect where we get more Taros as well as maybe the Leprechaun set returning.

I might be grasping at straws here, but I think for sure that the double FM thing is possible to help get people up to cap for later patches so they can actually play the content.
I believe it's actually for both reasons. This event can cause both which is a win-win scenario for everyone from what I understand.

Thanks. :)

I definitely like the Luck of the Irish idea. Go with 50% more taros or some percentage. Additionally, increase the RNG to drop more gold crates.

Now, at the beginning of this post, I stated that I was going to take advantage of this event. I'm incredibly happy that I took advantage of it. I got from levels 33 to 36 in the span of a few hours all thanks to racing.

Just going to copy-paste what I stated on another thread:

I was level 33 around 11 AM PST.

Now, I'm level 36. It was a pleasure turning level 36 with the Racing God Cherry Lime (it's his alt May be) :)

At least to my knowledge, I'm probably the first person to level up purely by racing. If not, I'm very likely one of the very first individuals.

https://i.gyazo.com/f64d123e8b7e8f3f384eed1e0a2c7936.mp4

I honestly think that without this event, I would have not had the incentive to race my character. The double fusion matter thing really gave such an incentive for those final pushes. I'd like to have more of this and similar events in the future.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 07:50:47 PM by InfinitePossibilities »

ThiccThighsTony

• POW POW
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 10:09:47 PM »
Omg, you tried to add me while I was busy. I didn't have any idea! Just wanted to thank you for all of the charts that you've made.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:43:45 PM by MoriBee »

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.