Author Topic: Calling Cat-22  (Read 7033 times)

EmperorEctoshock

• ⛬ Leader of the Deltetradite Diffusers ⛬
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling Cat-22
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2016, 11:21:04 PM »
I hope at the very least that PCs will be able to sport the classic Calling Cat-22 dog-eared beanie, allowing the wearer to "hide out from dogs right in front of their eyes" (not really):

I think this guy has one that's a size too small for him.

Quick, 22, put it on before that Cyberus notices you!

Just give Tannhauser what he wants already... 'cause now it's becoming something we all want, especially me. xD

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 02:53:17 AM »
If we get Cat-22, we should also get other Wedgies. I wouldn't mind a subplot involving a usually serious character being forced to take care of Big Baby...

Tannhaeuser

• “I don’t want to look—and yet I can’t look away!”
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 05:31:37 AM »
If we get Cat-22, we should also get other Wedgies. I wouldn't mind a subplot involving a usually serious character being forced to take care of Big Baby...

I'm sympathetic to the "The more, the merrier" mindset, Popple.  However, I have to admit, I am not necessarily an advocate of all the Wedgies getting more than a mention in FusionFall Legacy.

As I have said above, Cat-22 would be extremely difficult to include for technical reasons: there is very little footage (to be exact, 12 minutes for Calling Cat-22).  The same is true of all the other Wedgies series; if every single Wedgie episode made were run back-to-back, it would take less than an hour.

To be honest, most of the Wedgies are not that well-made (and, yes, that includes Calling Cat-22) in terms of art and animation.  Some people actively hate them.  They were not made by Cartoon Network Studios itself, I gather, but contracted out (not that that means much -- one could say the same of Adventure Time (Frederator) and Dexter's Laboratory (Hanna-Barbera), I believe).  They are rather repetitive.  I liked some of them (Calling Cat-22 and The Bremen Avenue Experience) and loathed others (The Talented Mr. Bixby), but I can't claim that any of them were particularly earth-shaking shows.

My main reason (as opposed to just liking him, as I do the BAE) for thinking that Cat-22 deserves a place in FusionFall is the fact that 22 was created by FF's Content Designer, Matt Schwartz, the co-author of the original Manga.  It just seems to me a graceful gesture to show to a guy who gave us this terrific game we all love so much. (It's rather the same impulse that leads me to hope that the Devs DO show up as random NPCs in Legacy.)  That's something the other Wedgies don't have.

By the way, thanks to everyone who has been supporting the drive to have Cat-22 in Legacy.  I just hope that if he DOES make it into the game, the Fusions won't treat him much worse than Gato, Andrew, and the dogs do.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:55:03 AM by Tannhaeuser »

OMGitstreboR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 03:49:24 PM »
I don't think the dev team can use bommerang programs.Ive seen references to other bommerang shows on pillars in the original fusionfall.But im not sure if they were even allowed to use them.
^

ChipToadKlawber1

• Mad Hyped for this ish.
    • View Profile
    • My Project 'Lunch Menu'
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 06:02:49 PM »
I don't think the dev team can use bommerang programs.Ive seen references to other bommerang shows on pillars in the original fusionfall.But im not sure if they were even allowed to use them.
^

Calling Cat-22 and all of the other Wedgies were on Cartoon Network way before they made their way over to Boomerang. (or at least a year or two before so).

I'm all for the inclusion, but it would open the gate for more 'umbrella series' characters to be a possibility, such as characters from "What A Cartoon! Show", "Cartoon Cartoon Big Picks", & "The Cartoonstitute"

P3e5a3c5e

• Crossover freak XD
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2016, 06:06:13 PM »
I never saw Wedgies, didn't heard about it at all, I though it was your OC at first, but hey sure why not

TheFVguy

• Life sucks, but you gotta live with it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »

I'm sympathetic to the "The more, the merrier" mindset, Popple.  However, I have to admit, I am not necessarily an advocate of all the Wedgies getting more than a mention in FusionFall Legacy.

As I have said above, Cat-22 would be extremely difficult to include for technical reasons: there is very little footage (to be exact, 12 minutes for Calling Cat-22).  The same is true of all the other Wedgies series; if every single Wedgie episode made were run back-to-back, it would take less than an hour.

To be honest, most of the Wedgies are not that well-made (and, yes, that includes Calling Cat-22) in terms of art and animation.  Some people actively hate them.  They were not made by Cartoon Network Studios itself, I gather, but contracted out (not that that means much -- one could say the same of Adventure Time (Frederator) and Dexter's Laboratory (Hanna-Barbera), I believe).  They are rather repetitive.  I liked some of them (Calling Cat-22 and The Bremen Avenue Experience) and loathed others (The Talented Mr. Bixby), but I can't claim that any of them were particularly earth-shaking shows.

My main reason (as opposed to just liking him, as I do the BAE) for thinking that Cat-22 deserves a place in FusionFall is the fact that 22 was created by FF's Content Designer, Matt Schwartz, the co-author of the original Manga.  It just seems to me a graceful gesture to show to a guy who gave us this terrific game we all love so much. (It's rather the same impulse that leads me to hope that the Devs DO show up as random NPCs in Legacy.)  That's something the other Wedgies don't have.

By the way, thanks to everyone who has been supporting the drive to have Cat-22 in Legacy.  I just hope that if he DOES make it into the game, the Fusions won't treat him much worst than Gato, Andrew, and the dogs do
Honestly, I personally think that weather or not the show was good or bad, that honestly doesn't matter for its inclusion in FusionFall. There's always going to be shows with a lot of hate, while there are other who defend it. Its like a similar situation when it comes to video games; games like Sonic 06 are widely hated, but there are always going to be defenders of that game. Honestly, I am very certain there are people who don't like every show included in FFL. I mean, I hate Johnny Test, yet I don't mind his inclusion in the game. Wedgies might not have a whole lot to work with, but am pretty sure its much easier than shows like Total drama, instead of having so much to work with, they can fill out the blanks themselves.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 06:39:45 PM by TheFVguy »

L0rd

•  
    Community Team

• Forum Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »
I'm on the fence about Cat-22.

The_Algeabraic_Finn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 09:17:16 PM »
You got a supporter, I see no reason to not include him.

My personal character that I'm trying to get in is Captain Planet.

Tannhaeuser

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling Cat-22 ― Cat-22 Nano Mission: Catch 22?
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 02:49:38 PM »
Cat-22 Nano Mission: Catch 22?

Level   13
Difficulty   Hard
Character   Cat-22
Place   Mount Blackhead-The Wilds

Objective
Defeat Fusion Cat-22.

My Notes
I defeated Fusion Cat-22 and obtained a Cat-22 Nano.

Mission Offer
Help Cat-22 root out the secrets of the Fusion dogs!

Rewards
Cat-22 Nano

Mission Details

Step 1 Meet Cat-22 at Mount Blackhead.

Cat-22: So, you’re the new agent?  That’s… quite a disguise. Join me out in the field at Mount Blackhead.

Step 2 Find the Tiger Wolves.

Catch 22?
Gato believes that all that disgusting muck the dogs roll around in has been causing strange mutations called Tiger Wolves.  It’s about time he sent another agent to get mauled ― I mean, to discover what the dogs are up to.  Go investigate Prickly Pines. I’ll wait right here.

Step 3
Defeat the Tiger Wolves.

Catch 22?
I just got word from Andrew that these Tiger Wolves have stolen the briefcase detailing the mission. You’ll have to retrieve it ― I’ll, uh, write up the mission notes.

Step 4 Defuse the Gooby Trap (Timed).

Cat-22: Whoa! You actually survived.  Now, open the briefcase. ― It’s a trap! It’s rigged to set off an explosion here in sixty seconds!  Please, hurry back and help me defuse this thing!

Catch 22?
Ugh, it seems the dogs have managed to dream up some even nastier mutations called Pack Arachnids. Why do dogs have to make everything so gross? We’ll… uh, YOU’ll have to check them out. They’re down by Camp Kidney.

Step 5 Find the Pack Arachnids.

Catch 22?
Look, that disguise of yours wouldn’t fool anyone!  You’re going to need to tackle those Pack Arachnids and get a decent set of ears from one.  It shouldn’t be all that hard.  Nice knowing you ― I mean, good luck!

Step 6 Defeat the Pack Arachnids.

Cat-22: Wow, you actually beat them? You’re good! Report back to me here.

Step 7 Report back to 22.

Cat-22: Hey, what’s the idea of taking my ears?  Whatta you mean, you’re not one of our agents? You’re not even a cat?  You mean, the dogs aren’t behind all this, and that was an ALIEN that took my ears? Yeah, he went that way.  I’m going to pass out now…

Step 8 Find Fusion Lair in Prickly Pines.

Catch 22?
You’ll have to defeat Fusion Cat-22 without 22’s help. If you can recover the doggie ears from Fusion 22, you should be able to create a cool Cat-22 Nano.

Step 9 Enter Fusion Lair.

Cat-22: Ohhh, where am I? Oh, hey ― if you beat that thing, you can keep my ears.  I’m giving up the agent biz.  Here I go again…ohhhh…

Step 10 Defeat Fusion Cat-22.

Nano: Cat-22

Type: Blastons

Powers:

Who Wears A Disguise? (Sneak – Self)
Hide Out From Fusions Right In Front Of Their Eyes.

Good News, 22! (Heal – Self)
You’ll Be Back In The Field In No Time With This Healing.

Code Rojo (Recall – Self)
Gato Will Whisk You To Safety When Your Mission Is Compromised.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:56:53 PM by Tannhaeuser »

Cryoprime

• "He just dropped C-4 in my mouth and left!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »
I remember this show, I loved it! :D

TheRohinFire

• Turn around kid, it be a crime!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2016, 03:57:32 PM »
I think wedgies would be in the same plane as what a cartoon or other cartoon compilations on CN

TheFVguy

• Life sucks, but you gotta live with it
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling Cat-22 ― Cat-22 Nano Mission: Catch 22?
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 06:19:39 PM »
Place   Mount Blackhead-The Wilds
I think Mount Blackhead has enough characters
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:28:20 PM by TheFVguy »

Cryoprime

• "He just dropped C-4 in my mouth and left!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 07:12:34 PM »
A tiger wolf is kinda half cat and half dog. Maybe that acknowledgement should be included in the mission? Blaming the dogs for turning themselves into tiger wolves just doesn't sound right. Since the cats in the wedgie were ignorant... maybe the plot can revolve around the cats believing that dogs are trying to take over their species? If they can find a Frisbee as suspicious and dangerous, I can't not see them coming up with something this ridiculous -- dogs turning felines into one of their own.

Tannhaeuser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 11:04:51 PM »
A tiger wolf is kinda half cat and half dog. Maybe that acknowledgement should be included in the mission? Blaming the dogs for turning themselves into tiger wolves just doesn't sound right. Since the cats in the wedgie were ignorant... maybe the plot can revolve around the cats' believing that dogs are trying to take over their species? If they can find a Frisbee as suspicious and dangerous, I can't not see them coming up with something this ridiculous -- dogs turning felines into one of their own.

I never saw the cats in Calling Cat-22 as being ignorant so much as delusional; after all, Gato Primo and Andrew had to be flat out bonkers to believe that 22 was some kind of gung-ho super-spy when he failed at every single mission and obviously loathed his job.

The problem I have with the "dogs turning themselves into cats" idea is that it applies ONLY to the Tiger Wolves, and not to any other monster in the game.  I suppose you could reverse it, and make it "dogs turning every animal into dogs" -- at which point you could say the various arachnids are spiders being turned into dogs, and Cyberuses (Cyberi?) are robots being turned into dogs, and Cavern Wolves are somethings that were somethings else that have been thoroughly turned into dogs.  Still, that seems to be an awfully complicated idea to be expressed in just one or two lines of dialogue.

To be candid, I probably wouldn't have chosen the Tiger Wolves at all if I hadn't, as a low joke, made Cat-22 a level 13 Nano (13, because of how miserably unlucky he is, get it? ha ha ha).  The Tiger Wolves and the Pack Arachnids were the only reasonably canine monsters near that level, so I stuck 22 in the general area of Prickly Pines/Camp Kidney. I changed his exact location to Mt. Blackhead just to include the timed Gooby Trap mission (since he does get blown up by a briefcase in every episode), though I would MUCH have preferred to put him someplace that needed more characters. I considered Acorn Flats, but if 22 was a Level 13 Nano, it seemed unreasonable to surround him with Level 16 monsters.

It might be simpler to 1) simply change 22's level, and put him in an area with more purely canine monsters, 2) create some Fusion dog-monsters ad hoc, or 3) do both.  Maybe instead of Mount Blackhead, I could stick him in the KND Jungle Training Area?

At any rate, I know that I am not the best at plotting, so I would welcome suggestions.  I do hope people enjoyed the dialogue, though; I think the main point of a Cat-22 mission would be to be FUNNY, which I hope mine was.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:16:22 PM by Tannhaeuser »

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.