Author Topic: Infinity Train as an opening for a raid/infinite dungeon/evolving dungeon.  (Read 378 times)

P3e5a3c5e

• Crossover freak XD
    • View Profile
    • Email
Moving toward book 2, Infinity Train posses a magical and twisted setting of a train-world that always moves and has an endless amount of rooms. The never-ending line of different rooms could be a very interesting way to showcase a dungeon system in FusionFall Legacy. I ain’t a game designer by any means, but I would like to explore the different kinds of raid systems presented in MMOs see it being utilized in a way that make sense to the show and the FusionFall world’s setting.

Plot wise; Fuse desires to control the train to use it’s technology/mystical abilities to kidnap and isolate his enemies, that way they would stand out of his conquest. He succeeded, leading to one of the disappearing heroes the FusionFall world (Could be anyone, but supposedly a big name like Major Glory). Tulip reconnects with her train-buddies /A portal is opened by One One/ Something related to the mystical side of FusionFall that can lead the players into the train appears.

Now (In my vision) the train itself is an endless route; You teleport into the room, it’s related to the show’s own places but infested with fusion monsters, in the end there’s a fusion boss or any CN character, you beat him and you progress to a much difficult room with more/stronger enemies.
(Side note: It wouldn’t be so much afar from the show’s rules to have certain rooms relate to other CN properties.)
By the show’s rules a room can be as large as it wants to be, so it is “open gates” to what the game designers want it to be, so the developers can go wild with ideas.
Returning to the plot;
Let’s say that after 20 rooms the player finds the missing heroes, they team up with the player and assist in the fighting until the initial campaign is over and they get to One One, fight one the many possibilities for fusions, best it and have a portal back home awaiting them. They now have the ability to be sent back whenever they want to clean up the rest of the rooms.
Infinity Train is a brilliant show, but wouldn’t have much to do with the initial lore of FusionFall, so it wouldn’t feet right in the game world as is, this is a basic format of what can be done with the show to implement it in the game and stay true to it’s rules.

If an endless raid system cannot work with the game engine, have it be 100 rooms to clear out with the possibility of getting more rooms in future updates!

What are your thought of raiding systems in different MMOs as a whole? Could they work in a FusionFall setting? Should they? Is Infinity Train the right show for it? What are your thought?

darkfinalhazard

• View Profile
    • Email
I've been kicking around this same idea for a while. Here's what I've got so far:

Tulip would be added as an NPC at City Station, alongside a generic NPC station attendant who can warp players into the train's engine car, where they will find Atticus and One-One. Atticus will keep track of the highest number of cars you have cleared in a single run, and provide rewards upon reaching certain milestones. Speaking to One-One will allow players to either enter the infected portion of the train or return to City Station.

Starting at level 13 or so, all monsters (besides the ones on the train) will have a chance to drop Train Tickets when defeated. Each ticket is good for one entry to the infected cars, and can be redeemed by talking to One-One, with tickets from higher level monsters sending you to cars with higher level enemies. To save time developing locations, each car will be a copy of a randomly selected lair from elsewhere in the game, and populated by monsters appropriate to that environment. Periodically, the player will also have to face Fusion versions of either Tulip, Atticus, or One-One.

Lore wise, the player would first learn about all this in a mission from Tulip. She will tell you that Fusion Tulip has somehow manged to board the train, and seeks to seize harness its ability to generate matter and energy from seemingly nothing to provide Fuse with unlimited resources and manpower. One-One has attempted to minimize the threat by rearranging the train to keep her as far as possible from any car with intelligent life on it, but hasn't been able to stop her from terrafusing new cars as she and her minions move forward towards the engine. The player is then tasked with pushing her forces back by clearing out as many cars as possible.

Poppleworks

• IGN: Mister Poppleworks
    • View Profile
    • Email
Okay so I’m still behind on this season so my info may be a bit outdated, please forgive me. But I don’t think Tulip is the best option for a representative NPC. Her story’s done. A much better candidate would be her reflection, still on the train as a renegade and basically a much more qualified mascot.

K1DZu3svad0

• View Profile
    • Email
isn't there a rule against implementing shows in the game that still ongoing

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
isn't there a rule against implementing shows in the game that still ongoing

Well this is what Devan said on the matter:

Just to clarify, a show being on or off air doesn't matter in regards to adding it to Retro, Legacy, etc. With the way things are headed, I could honestly see both KO and Steven being added down the line. However, we don't plan to introduce these really new series to the game before sort of going through the order they would have been in. A whole bunch of Flapjack and Saturdays content for example was planned to be in the first expansion, and we'd first like to do right by the team's original plans and add content "chronologically" so to speak.

I'd also like to add that we're very much interested in giving basically everything a fair chance. You've already seen that with Time Squad, and you definitely won't see the last of it. I think pretty much every single series CN has to offer can be fit somewhere in the game, whether that's an old series not well represented through characters like Lazlo, or a brand new series like Steven.

K1DZu3svad0

• View Profile
    • Email
oh that's awesome so ma bae Drew Saturday is coming soon huh nice. thanks for the info

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
oh that's awesome so ma bae Drew Saturday is coming soon huh nice. thanks for the info

No prob :)

chiderao

• View Profile
    • Email
Not a bad idea; have a few of my own as well. I added a link to your post to reference in my thread of FFL Character Ideas -- https://www.forums.fusionfalluniverse.com/index.php?topic=23951.0  // hopefully the FFU team takes the time to consider ALL the characters/shows I referenced to add to the game. Can't wait for Legacy man

P3e5a3c5e

• Crossover freak XD
    • View Profile
    • Email
Not a bad idea; have a few of my own as well. I added a link to your post to reference in my thread of FFL Character Ideas -- https://www.forums.fusionfalluniverse.com/index.php?topic=23951.0  // hopefully the FFU team takes the time to consider ALL the characters/shows I referenced to add to the game. Can't wait for Legacy man
Thank you very much :)
I am honestly don’t see the show being added to the main story in any other form due to it’s mystical mysterious lore and setting but even Adventure Time had an episode about Finn being on an endless train, raiding and looting it.
So with the supposed shift in setting to fit newer material, it’s seems to fit in.

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.