Author Topic: FusionFall's Birthday Remembered  (Read 185 times)

BeauBauer

• Original FF Beta tester. Yep, I'm that old. UGH!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
FusionFall's Birthday Remembered
« on: January 13, 2020, 09:03:28 PM »
As most of you know, FusionFall will be turning 11 years old tomorrow (January 14th). To honor this great event, I was wondering if everybody wouldn't mind sharing a memory of the game that you hold dear to honor this great day. A memory that I hold dear of the game would have to be when I got to speak with Chris Waldron back in December of 2008 in the game. I was a Beta Tester for the game then, and didn't really know anybody in the game, but on this day Chris sent me a friend request saying that he had some questions to ask me. He asked me how I enjoyed the game and what were my likes and dislikes of the game. At the time I thought he was just a regular Member trying out the game and giving feedback like myself. It wasn't until about a week later that I found out who he was in real life. REALLY wish I could go back in time and relive that moment. Happy Birthday FusionFall. Your more than just a game for some of us. Love ya buddy. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3                                                                                                                                   

Sonic94

• unintentionally upsetting ppl in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FusionFall's Birthday Remembered
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 10:00:12 PM »
So one time, I warped to my friend Beka and apparently she or somebody else had found this spot where you could jump over the border at Green Maw and into the canyon. There was this one indentation in the canyon wall where we all stood because the rest of the canyon had infected spots we couldn't stand on.

Numbuh1Nerd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 12:53:28 AM »
I had only ever gotten to read about this game for the longest time, since we had dial-up Internet up until I was like 12. But, by the time we finally had quality Internet, I also had a laptop...and my laptop had parental controls out the coco. Mom decided that I would only be allowed to be on it for one pre-determined hour a day, but with my slow little laptop, that was barely enough time to long in. So, I used my one hour to learn how to bypass it - resetting the time in the DOS menu back to the start of that hour every hour so I could log back in and get back to the game! Mom sure wasn't happy when she figured out what I was doing a few months later, (she did get rid of the parental controls after) but that's the only way I got to play FusionFall during its initial run!

I never did beat it, not until Retro, but I loved to just try to sneak my way into way higher-level areas to meet characters out of order. It's kind of a miracle I didn't get trapped, but I busted out that same method when Retro first came out and managed to get nearly all of the SCAMPERs and Monkey Minions unlocked in the first day  ;D

BeauBauer

• Original FF Beta tester. Yep, I'm that old. UGH!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 04:26:40 PM »
I've got tons of memories of playing the game, but another that will live with me forever would have to be you the Members of the game. I wasn't able to play Retro on the day it released because I had an accident at the time and ended up in a wheelchair for a little while. When I was able to get into the game, some of you Members greeted me with open arms and went with me ingame to see everything for the first time. I will NEVER forget the love and support I received from our Community that day. I Love each and every one of you. I better stop typing now because its getting hard to read through all these tears.

Nari

• Saving bunnies forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 01:55:41 AM »
So one time, I warped to my friend Beka and apparently she or somebody else had found this spot where you could jump over the border at Green Maw and into the canyon. There was this one indentation in the canyon wall where we all stood because the rest of the canyon had infected spots we couldn't stand on.
I sure do remember that. I warped to Eva Beta during that time, I think if i'm not mistaken lol. but the fun times were fooling around Debug land until you crash with a unity web bug lol

Sonic94

• unintentionally upsetting ppl in 10 seconds flat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 06:29:12 PM »
I sure do remember that. I warped to Eva Beta during that time, I think if i'm not mistaken lol. but the fun times were fooling around Debug land until you crash with a unity web bug lol
Yeah, the most fun part about Debug was discovering that you could climb horizontally and vertically. lowkey hoping those motions get implemented in Legacy

Nari

• Saving bunnies forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 09:59:04 PM »
Yeah, the most fun part about Debug was discovering that you could climb horizontally and vertically. lowkey hoping those motions get implemented in Legacy
Yeeeeeah, or maybe a new map in Retro for the expansion.

SpaceWonder368

• Rolling around at the speed of XLR8
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 12:46:30 PM »
Boy, I have a lot of memories concerning this game, but the one thing I remembered was when I first heard of this game's existence and being practically obsessed with it since I was little, loving the fact that the world of all of my favorite characters are crammed together into this amazing world and fighting off an alien invasion. Anyway, when I played the game daily around the early days, I managed to come across Endsville while exploring (I wasn't aware that you had to be a certain level as to not get killed by the monsters), but that place for me, as a kid, gave me nightmare fuel (which is funny to me considering I was also one of those kids who was also obsessed with Grim Adventures). I remember being so scared of the fusion copies of the CN characters that I basically avoided the game for a while.

That is until years later I rediscovered it, discovered Retro, and have beaten Lord Fuse. Fusion lairs still creep me out though because I get jumpscared by some fusions (I remember getting jumpscared by fusion Double D since he came out of nowhere and I attacked him for being startled lol).

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.