Author Topic: Code Lyoko in FusionFall  (Read 260 times)

pattiewack8

• View Profile
    • Email
Code Lyoko in FusionFall
« on: January 16, 2020, 07:04:20 AM »
Moon Scoop doesn't exist anymore if I am remembering correctly so could Code Lyoko be added to FusionFall?

LandMaster2952

• IGN is Venture Man
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Code Lyoko in FusionFall
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 10:01:41 AM »
Moon Scoop doesn't exist anymore if I am remembering correctly so could Code Lyoko be added to FusionFall?

Code Lyoko was not created by Cartoon Network. In relation to CN, Code Lyoko is known as an 'acquired' show, which means that all CN did was buy the rights to broadcast it in the US. Plus, unlike Johnny Test, it received no representation in the OG game. So there isn't any strong reason to put it in (And also the devs don't want another cease an desist situation like what happened with Total Drama).

Even if the company that made it no longer exists, that doesn't mean the show is now in the public domain. Someone somewhere must have the rights to the show, and if anyone were to be using their IP without permission, they are more than able to take legal action.

I liked the show as a kid though, and even played one of the video games based on it.

pattiewack8

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »

Code Lyoko was not created by Cartoon Network. In relation to CN, Code Lyoko is known as an 'acquired' show, which means that all CN did was buy the rights to broadcast it in the US. Plus, unlike Johnny Test, it received no representation in the OG game. So there isn't any strong reason to put it in (And also the devs don't want another cease an desist situation like what happened with Total Drama).

Even if the company that made it no longer exists, that doesn't mean the show is now in the public domain. Someone somewhere must have the rights to the show, and if anyone were to be using their IP without permission, they are more than able to take legal action.

I liked the show as a kid though, and even played one of the video games based on it.

While I can not be certain whether anything can make it into the game I can argue that nothing is impossible. I know Code Lyoko was not made by CN and understand the circumstances surrounding the piece of media. I do think that the potential for any content to be added to the game from this work is slim I would say that there are some hasty assumptions in arguments against certain shows. Is there a specific set of criteria that the players are aware of in determining what shows can make it in. I also did not imply that the show was in the public domain, rather the implication that MoonScoop no longer exists means that the chances of receiving a cease and desist would diminish. In all capacities, anyone who has a IP ownership in this game could do the same as the total Drama Incident. Just because you are more than capable doesn't mean you will. CN is the biggest example of this. I think that if we conceive imaginary limits on what is possible we create a growing hindrance in our ability to discuss, create, and hope. Plus 12 Forever was on CN's platform as an original before being on Netflix so what about shows like that. Steven Universe content is in but is still ongoing. Over the Garden Wall content is in even though not being in the original. Our rules mean nothing.   

Yujo_Jacy_Coyote

• IGN: Jace Jumpycoyote;happy to be playing again=D
    • View Profile
    • Imgur w/ Mission Collages
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 12:31:40 PM »
Come to think of it, the Nano Computress mission seems like something that would fit Code Lyoko - even though it’s more of a generic techy simulation. Xana, from what I remember, seems like a malicious artificial hivemind that may not be reasoned with. Since its goal is to seemingly destroy the world its goals wouldn’t necessarily conflict with Planet Fuse. They would likely not allign with the anti-Fuse forces like many of the temporarily reformed villains have. They wouldn’t stop, and the invasion would only serve to distract and divide Team Lyoko’s time fending them off. Dexter & Mandark’s servers and technology would be at high risk, both influencing the tech-based futuristic setting FusionFall seems to be - Xana would have far reach, with The Wilds & Darklands being only slightly off limits. Xana would definitely take advantage of the invasion, aiding Fuse into slaying their enemies out of convenience alone. There’s definitely potential for a virtual pool of missions here, assuming this is even a path the devs are willing to warp into :).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:43:37 PM by Yujo_Jacy_Coyote »

Orion_Xeno

• :?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 02:38:19 PM »
Come to think of it, the Nano Computress mission seems like something that would fit Code Lyoko - even though it’s more of a generic techy simulation. Xana, from what I remember, seems like a malicious artificial hivemind that may not be reasoned with. Since its goal is to seemingly destroy the world its goals wouldn’t necessarily conflict with Planet Fuse. They would likely not allign with the anti-Fuse forces like many of the temporarily reformed villains have. They wouldn’t stop, and the invasion would only serve to distract and divide Team Lyoko’s time fending them off. Dexter & Mandark’s servers and technology would be at high risk, both influencing the tech-based futuristic setting FusionFall seems to be - Xana would have far reach, with The Wilds & Darklands being only slightly off limits. Xana would definitely take advantage of the invasion, aiding Fuse into slaying their enemies out of convenience alone. There’s definitely potential for a virtual pool of missions here, assuming this is even a path the devs are willing to warp into :).
hmm id like to note that xana isnt a hivemind but only like it  in that they are a multi agent program --- but unlike  a hive mind  that  connets multiple beings   xana  would infact  be a single  entity  that is has multiple and possibly  endless number of  bodies in a digital space ---- xana was also created with the intention of being a virus but later became somewhat  more and more self aware --- and i presonly dont think xana would be out to end the world rather just at most end/enslave mankind alone.
also i'll note that at times xana has in fact worked with the lyoko warriors on the same side to fight a common foe so I would expect though xana if in fusionfall were to be a thing they have potential to work with heros/villians alike vs fuse as I think fuse may try to take out xana/ the super computer for the potential of returns to the past and being thworted   with some knowing what  will/would happen in the  "future" and preventing it

in fact id say that in line with some things of fusionfall i wouldnt  even go as far to say that   a Xana in game could end up being  like computress with a more physical body or  ally with Dexter and Mandark under the premise of  being an "ai" that could help with robotic taskforce managment or something for both (with an underlieing motive that they would be embedding themself in would be an army for after fuse is gone to use for their plans)

it realy is a shame the series cant be part of fusionfall officially cuz i think it be a kinda cool addition but thats what dreams are for and I guess personal fan projects could be lol

Zor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 09:39:44 PM »
At the least I'd like to see armor based on Code Lyoko.

But as for X.A.N.A. Having him side with Computress against digital fusion copies of his standard monsters with fusions of the Lyoko warriors leading them, now that'd be a amazing expansion.

pattiewack8

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 09:10:41 PM »
At the least I'd like to see armor based on Code Lyoko.

But as for X.A.N.A. Having him side with Computress against digital fusion copies of his standard monsters with fusions of the Lyoko warriors leading them, now that'd be a amazing expansion.

Oh that would be exciting!

FusionFall is a registered trademark of the Turner Broadcasting System. FusionFall Universe, FusionFall Legacy, and FusionFall Retro are in no way affiliated with Turner Broadcasting or any of its subsidiaries. The FusionFall Universe team claims no rights to anything owned by Cartoon Network, Inc. whether it be shows, sounds, game assets, etc. We have no intentions to infringe upon the exclusive rights to the content belonging to Cartoon Network featured within our network of sites. FusionFall Legacy and FusionFall Retro are fan recreations intended for the preservation of the closed down MMO game, FusionFall.